Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ConServative mommas... What would you do if your child comes to you and tells you they are gay?

Posted by   + Show Post
Be honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
headingsouth13
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM

i would hug my child tell them i still love them. we would sit down, talk and look for people for him/her to talk with about the feeling that might be going on

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I would say okay and move on (unless they wanted to talk about it more).

chloedee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You and "daddy" are the reason gay teenagers have an exponentially high rate of suicide attempts. 

Don't bash when you just said your husband would physically assault your child for coming to you about who they are? Ya, right. People like you don't deserve children. 

Quoting halinichols:

Daddy would beat it out of them. Because it is a choice that we don't believe in and every bad choice has a bad consequence. We are Christians and raise our family to procreate like God wants. To have that man and woman bond. Procreation can't come from same sex. This is just our views as a family. Respect them please and don't bash.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM

You don't have to be a conservative to object to your child  being gay BTW.  I'm not a conservative -- but I'm not liberal, either.  Either way, however, what exactly can I do.  He/she is my child and always will be.  Gay or straight would not change the love in my heart, the bond I share with any of them.  DH feels the same way.  We've discussed this long ago.  Admittedly it would take some adjustment, but it could and would be done.  I can't be anymore honest than this.

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

OP Sorry to inform you but there are plenty of democrats who do not like gay people and make fun of them..say nasty things of them..or just do not agree with the lifestyle.I am a conservative and because of my personal beliefs I do not agree with the lifestyle but that doesn't make me the boss and I really have no say.IF one of my kids came to me stating they were gay i'd still love them they are my child.I personally do not know of one conservative that would say any differently of their own child.

halinichols
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this
No. The way we raise our children has bot had an affect on other teens who kill themselves. I know you're looking for something to blame but its not my husband and I. Our kids love us and we love them and wanting them to respect us and learn what we are teaching them is no harmful. You have no clue how my family works but at least we all work together and no one is failing or misguided. Everyone is loved in this family and that's part of s making them, is to teach them what is right and just. If you can't do that don't have kids. I had kids to procreate under the will of my God who says marriage is for one man and one woman. Therefore my kids will be raised knowing that and obeying the creator who ultimately made them or else its just a slap in the face to God.

Quoting chloedee:

You and "daddy" are the reason gay teenagers have an exponentially high rate of suicide attempts. 

Don't bash when you just said your husband would physically assault your child for coming to you about who they are? Ya, right. People like you don't deserve children. 

Quoting halinichols:

Daddy would beat it out of them. Because it is a choice that we don't believe in and every bad choice has a bad consequence. We are Christians and raise our family to procreate like God wants. To have that man and woman bond. Procreation can't come from same sex. This is just our views as a family. Respect them please and don't bash.

Cubanmom84
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM
"Great, do you want a sandwich or not"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halinichols
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Thank you. To each their own.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

***Sigh***

Good luck with that...

Quoting halinichols:

He wants for his children what God wants. That's why we teach our children what we do. But at the same time he'd beat any kid who showed up on our doorstep asking foe our daughter. We just want what's best for them and what's right. That's how we run our family and so far it works for us :)

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Daddy would beat it out of them? 

***shakes head***

Quoting halinichols:

chloedee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
The attitude of "I'll beat the gay out of them" is absolutely one that could, and does, drive teens to feelings or worthlessness and suicide, especially when it comes from their own parents.

Suggesting that your husband would physically beat your child because they came to you, hoping to be loved and accepted, is sickening. What is "right and just" is certainly not beating someone for their sexuality. In fact, that's called a hate crime.

Seriously sickening and disgusting. So happy to not believe in a God that would think people who would have daddy "beat the gay out" of their kids deserve them or are on the right path.

Quoting halinichols:No. The way we raise our children has bot had an affect on other teens who kill themselves. I know you're looking for something to blame but its not my husband and I. Our kids love us and we love them and wanting them to respect us and learn what we are teaching them is no harmful. You have no clue how my family works but at least we all work together and no one is failing or misguided. Everyone is loved in this family and that's part of s making them, is to teach them what is right and just. If you can't do that don't have kids. I had kids to procreate under the will of my God who says marriage is for one man and one woman. Therefore my kids will be raised knowing that and obeying the creator who ultimately made them or else its just a slap in the face to God.

Quoting chloedee:You and "daddy" are the reason gay teenagers have an exponentially high rate of suicide attempts. Don't bash when you just said your husband would physically assault your child for coming to you about who they are? Ya, right. People like you don't deserve children. 
Quoting halinichols:Daddy would beat it out of them. Because it is a choice that we don't believe in and every bad choice has a bad consequence. We are Christians and raise our family to procreate like God wants. To have that man and woman bond. Procreation can't come from same sex. This is just our views as a family. Respect them please and don't bash.

halinichols
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you're taking it way too seriously. We don't abuse our children its just we would be very very disappointed with how much we teach them where they grew up spiritual and religion wise and them just shit on it so to speak. It is not a settling feeling for a parent to spend years teaching where and who they came from and what is expected of them for them to go and do whatever they please. I know it'll happen but with something as serious as that in our faith we don't agree with it. We would never disown but we would let them know they're in a sense being selfish because I know my kids and I know damn well they want the family life and to be able to have their own kids and give us grand kids. He wouldn't physically strike them over and over until they change their mind. He more so says it as a scare tactic which I understand. The gay world is not a pretty one. The acts women do to each other but more so what men do to each other sexually is just appalling. It is not what God wanted either. A penis goes into a vagina. Not a penis into a butt hole. Its disgusting and degrading to a human. To their body. Ick. we cant and don't want to imagine our children doing as such.

Quoting chloedee:

The attitude of "I'll beat the gay out of them" is absolutely one that could, and does, drive teens to feelings or worthlessness and suicide.

Suggesting that your husband would physically beat your child because they came to you, hoping to be loved and accepted, is sickening. What is "right and just" is certainly not beating someone for their sexuality. In fact, that's called a hate crime.

Seriously sickening and disgusting. So happy to not believe in a God that would think people who would "beat the gay out" of their kids deserve them or are on the right path.

Quoting halinichols:

No. The way we raise our children has bot had an affect on other teens who kill themselves. I know you're looking for something to blame but its not my husband and I. Our kids love us and we love them and wanting them to respect us and learn what we are teaching them is no harmful. You have no clue how my family works but at least we all work together and no one is failing or misguided. Everyone is loved in this family and that's part of s making them, is to teach them what is right and just. If you can't do that don't have kids. I had kids to procreate under the will of my God who says marriage is for one man and one woman. Therefore my kids will be raised knowing that and obeying the creator who ultimately made them or else its just a slap in the face to God.

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting halinichols:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)