Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ConServative mommas... What would you do if your child comes to you and tells you they are gay?

Posted by   + Show Post
Be honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Replies (61-70):
chloedee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Did I say anywhere that a spanking is a beating? Nope. You're the one that was proud to say the gay would be beat out of them, so while I hope your kids always remain alive and well, your posts don't give a lot of confidence that that will be the case. As a teacher, having seen kids with parents like you, your kids would be ones I'd be very concerned about.

Coming from someone who apparently didn't realize that straight people also have oral and anal sex, I'll take being called dumb with a grain of salt. Bye!

Quoting halinichols:

You're dumb lol. I spank. Hate me even more. My kids are alive and well. I think you should be worrying about the kids in this world being abused by their parents. We love and enjoy the way we parent and wouldnt change a thing. Thanks and goodbye!

Quoting chloedee:

I have no problem bashing someone who loudly and proudly says they would beat and abuse an innocent child who came to them looking for love and support. I have plenty of respect and knowledge on how other human beings, especially children, should be treated, but you've made it apparent that you don't.

Quoting halinichols:

I don't care what you have to say about the way we raise our kids. I'm sure I wouldn't agree with things you do in your home either. I said my view and said respect me enough to not bash. And you dont have the slightest respect or knowledge to do that. I should have never responded to someone who doesn't listen to me.

Quoting chloedee:

I'm taking the fact that you said you'd beat your children too seriously? I'm not flippant about the idea of child abuse. Perhaps you are.

It's fine to be disappointed or surprised. The fact that your husband would threaten a beating, even as a "scare tactic" is appalling and indicative of the fact that, no, your home is not an accepting or unconditionally loving place for a teen that might be nervous to speak to you about something like this.

The fact that your children may find happiness is something other than what you do doesn't make them selfish. It makes them individuals with their own interests and passions.

Are you under the impression straight people don't have oral and anal sex? Hardly a matter of "the gay world".

Quoting halinichols:

I think you're taking it way too seriously. We don't abuse our children its just we would be very very disappointed with how much we teach them where they grew up spiritual and religion wise and them just shit on it so to speak. It is not a settling feeling for a parent to spend years teaching where and who they came from and what is expected of them for them to go and do whatever they please. I know it'll happen but with something as serious as that in our faith we don't agree with it. We would never disown but we would let them know they're in a sense being selfish because I know my kids and I know damn well they want the family life and to be able to have their own kids and give us grand kids. He wouldn't physically strike them over and over until they change their mind. He more so says it as a scare tactic which I understand. The gay world is not a pretty one. The acts women do to each other but more so what men do to each other sexually is just appalling. It is not what God wanted either. A penis goes into a vagina. Not a penis into a butt hole. Its disgusting and degrading to a human. To their body. Ick. we cant and don't want to imagine our children doing as such.

Quoting chloedee:

The attitude of "I'll beat the gay out of them" is absolutely one that could, and does, drive teens to feelings or worthlessness and suicide.

Suggesting that your husband would physically beat your child because they came to you, hoping to be loved and accepted, is sickening. What is "right and just" is certainly not beating someone for their sexuality. In fact, that's called a hate crime.

Seriously sickening and disgusting. So happy to not believe in a God that would think people who would "beat the gay out" of their kids deserve them or are on the right path.

Quoting halinichols:

No. The way we raise our children has bot had an affect on other teens who kill themselves. I know you're looking for something to blame but its not my husband and I. Our kids love us and we love them and wanting them to respect us and learn what we are teaching them is no harmful. You have no clue how my family works but at least we all work together and no one is failing or misguided. Everyone is loved in this family and that's part of s making them, is to teach them what is right and just. If you can't do that don't have kids. I had kids to procreate under the will of my God who says marriage is for one man and one woman. Therefore my kids will be raised knowing that and obeying the creator who ultimately made them or else its just a slap in the face to God.

Quoting chloedee:

You and "daddy" are the reason gay teenagers have an exponentially high rate of suicide attempts. 

Don't bash when you just said your husband would physically assault your child for coming to you about who they are? Ya, right. People like you don't deserve children. 

Quoting halinichols:

Daddy would beat it out of them. Because it is a choice that we don't believe in and every bad choice has a bad consequence. We are Christians and raise our family to procreate like God wants. To have that man and woman bond. Procreation can't come from same sex. This is just our views as a family. Respect them please and don't bash.

chloedee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM
LOL the Christian love is so evident here. Would your kids be dead to you too if they ended up getting a divorced and remarried?

Quoting bless4more:

If my child told me they were gay I would at first be surprised because of how we raised them and secondly I would have to turn my back to them and lwt them know that they are dead to our family and good luck with your depraved lifestyle.  No where in the Bible does it condone homosexuals it however does condemn it as a henious act.  If you expect me to approve of how you think please do not disapprove of how I believe

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting halinichols:

Daddy would beat it out of them. Because it is a choice that we don't believe in and every bad choice has a bad consequence. We are Christians and raise our family to procreate like God wants. To have that man and woman bond. Procreation can't come from same sex. This is just our views as a family. Respect them please and don't bash.

How is it Christian like to beat it out of them?

God help your children because it seems pretty obvious their parents won't.

loverbug75
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:48 PM
What would beating them accomplish?

Quoting halinichols:

No. The way we raise our children has bot had an affect on other teens who kill themselves. I know you're looking for something to blame but its not my husband and I. Our kids love us and we love them and wanting them to respect us and learn what we are teaching them is no harmful. You have no clue how my family works but at least we all work together and no one is failing or misguided. Everyone is loved in this family and that's part of s making them, is to teach them what is right and just. If you can't do that don't have kids. I had kids to procreate under the will of my God who says marriage is for one man and one woman. Therefore my kids will be raised knowing that and obeying the creator who ultimately made them or else its just a slap in the face to God.

Quoting chloedee:

You and "daddy" are the reason gay teenagers have an exponentially high rate of suicide attempts. 

Don't bash when you just said your husband would physically assault your child for coming to you about who they are? Ya, right. People like you don't deserve children. 

Quoting halinichols:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Quoting halinichols:

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting halinichols:

Don't you mean a slap across their face?

Your husband would abuse his own child and you would allow it to happen, all in the name of God!

Wow.

Are you related to any one involved with the WBBC?

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My relationship with my children, and my desire for their happiness in life, is more important any conservative vision I hold personally.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting bless4more:

If my child told me they were gay I would at first be surprised because of how we raised them and secondly I would have to turn my back to them and lwt them know that they are dead to our family and good luck with your depraved lifestyle.  No where in the Bible does it condone homosexuals it however does condemn it as a henious act.  If you expect me to approve of how you think please do not disapprove of how I believe

I feel so sorry for you.  I pray your children find others in their lives that will love them and support them, no matter who they are.

Why would you bring children in to the world when you know you have no problem turning them out and telling them they are dead to you?

So many are so misguided under the guise of God.  I have no doubt He is hurt by knowing people use Him as an excuse to harm their children. His children.

loverbug75
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Ps. You sound like a hillbilly.

Quoting halinichols:

bless4more
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Yes if my child got a divorce they would also not be welcome in our family, sorry  if that sounds harsh but as God does not condone so we also hold fast to the absolute truth of the Bible and will not abide in what the world finds acceptable. If I am supposed to accept your view points and respect them please act like a grown up and accept mine also you may not agree with it .

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I see is gay week,ummm I wonder what next week will bring lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN