Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bill O'Reilly moving in favor of gay marriage...religion should play no part in this debate!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 40 Replies

I can't beleive it.  Listen in at around 4:15, he admits our policies should not be based on religion.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Bump for later! I need to watch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tscritch
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM
5 moms liked this

I am afraid that if I click on it...hell will freeze over...or the world will end.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure why anyone is shocked. 

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing new in O'reilly's view.  He has always been in favor of civil unions and not held much of an opinion on SSM one way or the other.  

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that I believe the Supreme court is going to leave it to each individual state. There's no compeling argument on the side of the Republicans other than thumping the bible, which should have no part in this. 

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this

He had better be careful, his viewer base will accuse him of being liberal and boycott him lol

SLTmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I was more shocked by his comment about how our policies should not evaded on the Bible.  The religious right just might keel over!  Lol.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Nothing new in O'reilly's view.  He has always been in favor of civil unions and not held much of an opinion on SSM one way or the other.  

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I can't agree with anything he says just because of who he is.

Kidding, I find it very interesting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM
4 moms liked this

Noooo. His actual viewers already know this information. Thus my original comment. I have no idea why anyone thinks this is surprising news. Lol

Quoting mikiemom:

He had better be careful, his viewer base will accuse him of being liberal and boycott him lol

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to that area of the video.

I dislike this man, always have.  But I will say this..........good for him.  He is right. Absolutely correct.

The one thing I disagree with is allowing the States to handle this.  I can see that  happening but marriage equality for all should be a Federal law.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)