Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bill O'Reilly moving in favor of gay marriage...religion should play no part in this debate!

Posted by   + Show Post

I can't beleive it.  Listen in at around 4:15, he admits our policies should not be based on religion.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Curious. What do you mean sucks in person? What was he like? Is he just like he is on TV? He seems like the kind of person that would be exactly the same in person as he is on his show. 

Side note. River raft trip? Soooooooo cool! I haven't been in a long time, but love to do that when I get the chance. That must be an awesome job. 

Quoting Momniscient:

I had to actually spend four days with Bill O'Reilly (I took him on a river trip) and got to see the 'real' him...

He sucks in person too. That doesn't mean I can't agree with some of his sentiments.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I went to that area of the video.

I dislike this man, always have.  But I will say this..........good for him.  He is right. Absolutely correct.

The one thing I disagree with is allowing the States to handle this.  I can see that  happening but marriage equality for all should be a Federal law.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM

He was just rude. To everyone, even his friends. And he was very condescending and whiny. lol. NOT an adventurer...

Yeah--I was a river guide in the Grand Canyon for years and years. I don't do it anymore but it was so super fun!!!!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Curious. What do you mean sucks in person? What was he like? Is he just like he is on TV? He seems like the kind of person that would be exactly the same in person as he is on his show. 

Side note. River raft trip? Soooooooo cool! I haven't been in a long time, but love to do that when I get the chance. That must be an awesome job. 

Quoting Momniscient:

I had to actually spend four days with Bill O'Reilly (I took him on a river trip) and got to see the 'real' him...

He sucks in person too. That doesn't mean I can't agree with some of his sentiments.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I dislike this man, always have.  But I will say this..........good for him.  He is right. Absolutely correct.

The one thing I disagree with is allowing the States to handle this.  I can see that  happening but marriage equality for all should be a Federal law.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Oooohhhh. I sooo love the Colorado! The Canyon is the best! I can't wait to get back out there. So gorgeous and peaceful. ;-) 

Quoting Momniscient:

He was just rude. To everyone, even his friends. And he was very condescending and whiny. lol. NOT an adventurer...

Yeah--I was a river guide in the Grand Canyon for years and years. I don't do it anymore but it was so super fun!!!!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

GC is one of the most special places on earth :) Have you been on a river trip through GC? It is AWESOME!!!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Oooohhhh. I sooo love the Colorado! The Canyon is the best! I can't wait to get back out there. So gorgeous and peaceful. ;-) 

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM
This.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Once about 11 years ago. It was amazing. I think it is my favorite place I have ever been. I could live there no problem. 

Quoting Momniscient:

GC is one of the most special places on earth :) Have you been on a river trip through GC? It is AWESOME!!!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Bill O'Riley is a very fair person in his ideas and sticks his guns. I am not surprised. 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I love running into people who've been! It's a small crowd :)

Did you go on a motor boat or oar? I was mostly a motor boatman. LOVED it. At the time I was one of a very few girls doing the motor thing! Amazing. AMAZING place. I miss it.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Once about 11 years ago. It was amazing. I think it is my favorite place I have ever been. I could live there no problem. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

It was a 6/5 day upper canyon run on oar boats. We got to see some awesome ruins and spend some time on an original Cataract called the Sandra. I think the company was called the Canyoneers? It is a family run company. I am hoping to go back now that my kids are old enough to go along. I know they would love it. 

Quoting Momniscient:

I love running into people who've been! It's a small crowd :)

Did you go on a motor boat or oar? I was mostly a motor boatman. LOVED it. At the time I was one of a very few girls doing the motor thing! Amazing. AMAZING place. I miss it.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Oh you gotta go back and do the whole canyon!! I used to k ow some Canyoneers boatmen pretty well :) it's kind of a tight community down there!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:It was a 6/5 day upper canyon run on oar boats. We got to see some awesome ruins and spend some time on an original Cataract called the Sandra. I think the company was called the Canyoneers? It is a family run company. I am hoping to go back now that my kids are old enough to go along. I know they would love it. 
Quoting Momniscient:I love running into people who've been! It's a small crowd :)Did you go on a motor boat or oar? I was mostly a motor boatman. LOVED it. At the time I was one of a very few girls doing the motor thing! Amazing. AMAZING place. I miss it.Quoting DestinyHLewis:Once about 11 years ago. It was amazing. I think it is my favorite place I have ever been. I could live there no problem. 
Quoting Momniscient:GC is one of the most special places on earth :) Have you been on a river trip through GC? It is AWESOME!!!Quoting DestinyHLewis:Oooohhhh. I sooo love the Colorado! The Canyon is the best! I can't wait to get back out there. So gorgeous and peaceful. ;-) 
Quoting Momniscient:He was just rude. To everyone, even his friends. And he was very condescending and whiny. lol. NOT an adventurer...Yeah--I was a river guide in the Grand Canyon for years and years. I don't do it anymore but it was so super fun!!!!Quoting DestinyHLewis:Curious. What do you mean sucks in person? What was he like? Is he just like he is on TV? He seems like the kind of person that would be exactly the same in person as he is on his show. Side note. River raft trip? Soooooooo cool! I haven't been in a long time, but love to do that when I get the chance. That must be an awesome job. 
Quoting Momniscient:I had to actually spend four days with Bill O'Reilly (I took him on a river trip) and got to see the 'real' him...He sucks in person too. That doesn't mean I can't agree with some of his sentiments. Quoting FromAtoZ:I went to that area of the video.I dislike this man, always have.  But I will say this..........good for him.  He is right. Absolutely correct.The one thing I disagree with is allowing the States to handle this.  I can see that  happening but marriage equality for all should be a Federal law.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN