Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

For those who need Science to dictate if they believe or not.....

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 213 Replies
Tracking souls to the afterlife: ‘Quantum theory of soul’s .......... A PAIR of world-renowned quantum scientists say they can prove the existence of the soul......... A near-death experience happens when quantum substances which form the soul leave the nervous system and enter the universe at large, according to a remarkable theory proposed by two eminent scientists.......... Their idea stems from the notion of the brain as a biological computer, “with 100 billion neurons and their axonal firings and synaptic connections acting as information networks” which can persist in the universe even after death, explaining the perceptions of those who have near-death experiences......... American Dr Stuart Hameroff and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose developed a quantum theory of consciousness asserting that our souls are contained inside structures called microtubules which live within our brain cells....... In a near-death experience the microtubules lose their quantum state, but the information within them is not destroyed. Or in layman’s terms, the soul does not die but returns to the universe. Thus it is held that our souls are more than the interaction of neurons in the brain. They are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe – and may have existed since the beginning of time........... Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing, the microtubules lose their quantum state......... “The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large.......... ‘If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says “I had a near death experience”..........’ In the event of the patient’s death, it was “possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body indefinitely – as a soul. Read more here and here.....http://www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org/2012/11/01/tracking-souls-to-the-afterlife-quantum-theory-of-souls-existence/.
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Interesting.

Just a side note- in my experience Science either drives someone closer to God or farther away. It's interesting.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM
11 moms liked this

paragraphs are your friend. they are mine, anyway. 

what's the source for this? 

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM
7 moms liked this

Question: Is believing that one has a soul the same as believing there is a God?

or, put another way, Do atheists believe in having a soul?

(I always thought God and soul were 2 different things, but, IDK)

Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I'm curious to know a source too. That's interesting, I mean, information supposedly can't ever be lost according so some theories, so it could make sense. I still don't completely understand the concept of a soul though. It seems like a term very tied up in spirituality, so it's hard for me to separate it from that.

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM
7 moms liked this
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh my, yes.

And Santa Claus lives in an alternate reality.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
7 moms liked this

Why does believing that one has a soul equate to being a "believer"? I really hate that term. Believer. I believe in a lot of things, just not the Christian God...and quite frankly I am at a point that I'm not sure if I believe in any deity AT ALL. But I do believe in souls. So there. LOL 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM
5 moms liked this

bwahahaahahahaha . . . wow. 

Quoting katy_kay08:

is your source the site investigating UFOs and area 51?  

http://www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org/2012/11/01/tracking-souls-to-the-afterlife-quantum-theory-of-souls-existence/

IvoryIris
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

So Alzheimer's is just bullshit? 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe in souls or in my terminology ...spirit of a person (to me soul is a religious term) ....I dont believe in a god of anysort.

I believe some have walked the earth for millenium and some are fresh off the boat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN