Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think that being gay is a choice or genetics

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious what people think, a lot of people say that they were born that way well then should there not be a DNA code for the gay gene?  They can find the code for male or female, brown and blue eyes and for certain diseases and disorders so then where is the gay DNA ?  If they are going to say that they were born that way well is there any definite scientific proof that can actually back this up.  So then if a parent has a gay test done on an unborn fetus and they do not believe in that lifestyle is that an okay reason to terminate the child just a few things to ponder.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a transgender child, so its not the same as being gay.  Being his mom, I think he was born that way.  I don't know who would choose so much discrimination and crap in general on purpose.  He is who is, and I don't think it was a conscience choice.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM
3 moms liked this

I like pie

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't care and don't think it matters.

Some people are born blonde, some bleach their hair. Does it matter how we get it as long as we are happy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Mmm pie

Quoting Sekirei:

I like pie

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

More and more scientific proof is coming out that it is indeed genetic. Very well could be environmental when a population becomes too high for the ecosystem to support. That's usually when homosexuality is observed in other species. That would seem to be a logical adaptation to an issue of over population. It's natures way of curbing the birth rate. Making it very very natural and part of who we are as living organisms on a living planet that is trying to stay in some kind of balance. 

Saphira1207
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

People are born gay, straight and bi-sexual.

I suspect it's the bi-sexual people you are talking about "choosing" a same sex partner.  And you're right, they do.  Because they are attracted to both sexes and have the luxery of playing with anyone who is willing to oblige them.  I think they're lucky!  :)

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quoting autodidact:

why does it matter, really? we're a free country, we're allowed choices.oh, and by that I mean YOUR OWN, not other peoples'. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starh28momof2
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM

no one is born gay,it is in no way genetics. people choose to be that way. now there are some people who nteach their kids to be that way which is just gross. but, everyone chooses whether they want to be gay or not in th end

shoot4thestars
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I honesltly have no idea.

OneToughMami
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You know...I am totally sure that there are people out there saying "You know what...I am going to be gay...I LOVE getting harassed and shit on by others! This is a fabulous lifestyle!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured