Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think that being gay is a choice or genetics

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious what people think, a lot of people say that they were born that way well then should there not be a DNA code for the gay gene?  They can find the code for male or female, brown and blue eyes and for certain diseases and disorders so then where is the gay DNA ?  If they are going to say that they were born that way well is there any definite scientific proof that can actually back this up.  So then if a parent has a gay test done on an unborn fetus and they do not believe in that lifestyle is that an okay reason to terminate the child just a few things to ponder.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Replies (181-190):
CDMelty
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

It doesn't have to be one or the other, either DNA or choice. It could be environmental. Maybe something during gestation, a hormone surge or exposure to a particular protein. It could be any number of things. Spina bifida isn't a choice but it's not genetic. Jeez.

Homosexuality correlates with too many physical traits to be a choice, imo. Finger length, hair direction, handedness, birth order. It's all correlation, not causation, but it's enough to convince me that it's not a choice.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

no, my SN is autodidact. 

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting autodidact:

oi, buy a fucking dictionary. then look up sarcasm. that wasn't it. 

I am inquiring as to the basis on which she formed her opinion.  

Is your sn UpSheRises?

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Except you did respond...

It's okay...i understand you're too busy worrying about other peoples relationships to think straight.

She gave her opinion. No need to be sarcastic & immature~

Quoting jcribb16:

I'm not responding to your sarcasm - I answered a question from the original poster.

Quoting autodidact:

you're gay? 

Quoting jcribb16:

Choice

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

When did you choose to be straight? Do you still feel attracted to females and have to actively choose to be straight every day?

I don't ever remember choosing to be straight. It is who I am. I was born this way. I cannot fathom being any other way.

So when did you choose to be straight and was it a hard transition from before you made that choice?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Absolute choice.  God created a man and a woman to have sex together.  If he had wanted man to lay with man and woman with woman He'd have created two of each sex and said, "Here--you choose".

It's just NUTS to think to think one is "born that way"

And your question at the end is stupid---people that don't believe a homosexual lifestyle is okay do not abort their babies. 

I wasn't born a Christian, it is a life I chose to live and BE. 

Were you born straight?

I was born a woman, therefore I have sex with a man, one man, my husband---the way God intended it to be. 

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Tuesday at 9:49 PM
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting autodidact:

no, my SN is autodidact. 

Than you should be aware I was responding to UpSheRises.....

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting autodidact:

Is your sn UpSheRises?

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting UpSheRises:

It's okay...i understand you're too busy worrying about other peoples relationships to think straight.

Quoting jcribb16:

I'm not responding to your sarcasm - I answered a question from the original poster.

Quoting autodidact:

you're gay? 

Quoting jcribb16:

Choice

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

When did you choose to be straight? Do you still feel attracted to females and have to actively choose to be straight every day?

I don't ever remember choosing to be straight. It is who I am. I was born this way. I cannot fathom being any other way.

So when did you choose to be straight and was it a hard transition from before you made that choice?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Absolute choice.  God created a man and a woman to have sex together.  If he had wanted man to lay with man and woman with woman He'd have created two of each sex and said, "Here--you choose".

And your question at the end is stupid---people that don't believe a homosexual lifestyle is okay do not abort their babies. 

Were you born straight?

I was born a woman, therefore I have sex with a man, one man, my husband---the way God intended it to be. 

You did not answer my question.  You are saying that you are being who you are based on being taught and told to.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting futureshock:

Do you think there is a straight gene?

According to some in this thread, there is a straight gene.  

Of course, backing this up is where the difficult lies.

Then there are those who gloss right over the question of when they choose to be straight.

Instead, they run and grab their Bibles.

lol

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Were you born straight?

You did not answer my question.  You are saying that you are being who you are based on being taught and told to.

I've never been attracted to as women. 

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Quoting Imacakebaker:

A Choice and really horrible parenting.

What kinds of things do parents do that make their children gay?

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I think it's both.  I think that some are born gay threw genetics.  Some, choose to be gay imo because, they have given up on the opposite sex. 

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Lol, she was responding to UpSheRises.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting autodidact:

you're gay? 

Quoting jcribb16:

Choice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)