Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think that being gay is a choice or genetics

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious what people think, a lot of people say that they were born that way well then should there not be a DNA code for the gay gene?  They can find the code for male or female, brown and blue eyes and for certain diseases and disorders so then where is the gay DNA ?  If they are going to say that they were born that way well is there any definite scientific proof that can actually back this up.  So then if a parent has a gay test done on an unborn fetus and they do not believe in that lifestyle is that an okay reason to terminate the child just a few things to ponder.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Replies (201-210):
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Quoting Imacakebaker:

A Choice and really horrible parenting.

wow , you might want to try and actually get educated on the topic. 

partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:54 AM

omg this is so offensive. there is NO correlation between children being sexually or emotionally abused and it "turning them gay" 

do you live in a cave or something?

Quoting Imacakebaker:

By allowing thier children to be sexually or emotionally abused.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

A Choice and really horrible parenting.

Your opinion.  Which you are entitled to.

I am curious, do all horrible parents create gay children and how, in your opinion, do they go about it?

partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Quoting louiegirl62:

There is no such thing as gay genes in DNA. It is a behavoir that is reinforced through acceptance and tolerance. 

wrong. science has found evidence that there is a genetic factor. specially by studying twins and their developement sexually. currently its new science and only proven so far in mouse studies. 

if you are straight can you choose to be gay? no right? then why would you think someone chooses to be gay instead of straight. its not a choice. 

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting punky3175:

You didn't answer the question. And I have no problems with Christians nor do most of the people I know. I respect that others have different beliefs and I have no problems with that until those beliefs are trying to deny rights to someone else.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting punky3175:

How many gay people do you know? How many conversations have you had with them? Have you heard them explain how they have ALWAYS been attracted to the same sex? I know quite a few and not a one (male or female) CHOSE to like the same sex.

WHY would anyone make a choice like that? It brings hatred from others and ridicule from closed minded individuals in society. It means they have to fight for the same basic rights that everyone else has such as the right to marry the person the love. No one would CHOOSE that lifestyle.

Quoting toomanypoodles: Absolute choice.  God created a man and a woman to have sex together.  If he had wanted man to lay with man and woman with woman He'd have created two of each sex and said, "Here--you choose".
It's just NUTS to think to think one is "born that way"
And your question at the end is stupid---people that don't believe a homosexual lifestyle is okay do not abort their babies. 

As long as people call Christians closed minded bigots and homophobes, we really can't have a discussion.  You pass judgment on us for our Biblical beliefs.  They way you (not you, but in general) accuse Christians is just as bad as the way you feel some Christians respond towards homosexual behaviour. 

You cannot see that you are just as bigoted towards Christians.  We believe differently, but you persecute us for not believing as you do. 

Open your eyes and see how you are unacceptive and judgmental towards Christians before you slam us Christians for not accepting your beliefs. 

I answered by saying it's a discussion we cannot even have until those of you in support of it can realize that not everyone supports it and there is no reason to call someone a bigot because they don't support it.  I'm tired of the name calling just because I don't believe as most  do.  I can accept gays and their differences, why can't some of you accept me and mine? 

Do I know gay people, yes, we used to have a gay couple as friends before hubby and I got married.  We never discussed it with them though, we just accepted them as nice folks who loved to come over and eat and play games with us around the dining room table on Saturday nights.  They knew our beliefs, we knew their lifestyle, didn't agree with it, but we loved and accepted them and they us. 

Not everyone chooses our walk and I don't expect them to.  I don't judge them or condemn them for not accepting my lifestyle.  But many of you do damn me for MY beliefs.  How about accepting ME?  Why are you bigoted against MY lifestyle?

punky3175
by Punky on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:13 AM
I'm not bigoted against your lifestyle. I just can't fathom someone not being open to an actual discussion and the possibility that gays are IN FACT born that way. I can't fathom dismissing science because it doesn't fit your view. Am I judging you for it? Nope but unlike you, I wouldn't be spending a lot of time with someone I had so little in common with. And it's not because you're Christian since I have plenty of Christian friends. It's because I like to have varying, deep discussions about everything on the face of the planet. I just don't see that as being possible with someone as close minded as you. You claim acceptance and tolerance but your actions (on this site) does not show it. You shows a very hateful bitter woman who is indeed VERY judgmental towards anyone and everyone who doesn't share her beliefs. All anyone has to do is look at all your supposed 'funnies' and see that.

Quoting toomanypoodles: 
Quoting punky3175:You didn't answer the question. And I have no problems with Christians nor do most of the people I know. I respect that others have different beliefs and I have no problems with that until those beliefs are trying to deny rights to someone else.
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting punky3175:How many gay people do you know? How many conversations have you had with them? Have you heard them explain how they have ALWAYS been attracted to the same sex? I know quite a few and not a one (male or female) CHOSE to like the same sex. WHY would anyone make a choice like that? It brings hatred from others and ridicule from closed minded individuals in society. It means they have to fight for the same basic rights that everyone else has such as the right to marry the person the love. No one would CHOOSE that lifestyle.Quoting toomanypoodles: Absolute choice.  God created a man and a woman to have sex together.  If he had wanted man to lay with man and woman with woman He'd have created two of each sex and said, "Here--you choose".It's just NUTS to think to think one is "born that way"And your question at the end is stupid---people that don't believe a homosexual lifestyle is okay do not abort their babies. 
 As long as people call Christians closed minded bigots and homophobes, we really can't have a discussion.  You pass judgment on us for our Biblical beliefs.  They way you (not you, but in general) accuse Christians is just as bad as the way you feel some Christians respond towards homosexual behaviour. 
You cannot see that you are just as bigoted towards Christians.  We believe differently, but you persecute us for not believing as you do. 
Open your eyes and see how you are unacceptive and judgmental towards Christians before you slam us Christians for not accepting your beliefs. 
 I answered by saying it's a discussion we cannot even have until those of you in support of it can realize that not everyone supports it and there is no reason to call someone a bigot because they don't support it.  I'm tired of the name calling just because I don't believe as most  do.  I can accept gays and their differences, why can't some of you accept me and mine? 
Do I know gay people, yes, we used to have a gay couple as friends before hubby and I got married.  We never discussed it with them though, we just accepted them as nice folks who loved to come over and eat and play games with us around the dining room table on Saturday nights.  They knew our beliefs, we knew their lifestyle, didn't agree with it, but we loved and accepted them and they us. 
Not everyone chooses our walk and I don't expect them to.  I don't judge them or condemn them for not accepting my lifestyle.  But many of you do damn me for MY beliefs.  How about accepting ME?  Why are you bigoted against MY lifestyle?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Quoting punky3175:

I'm not bigoted against your lifestyle. I just can't fathom someone not being open to an actual discussion and the possibility that gays are IN FACT born that way. I can't fathom dismissing science because it doesn't fit your view. Am I judging you for it? Nope but unlike you, I wouldn't be spending a lot of time with someone I had so little in common with. And it's not because you're Christian since I have plenty of Christian friends. It's because I like to have varying, deep discussions about everything on the face of the planet. I just don't see that as being possible with someone as close minded as you. You claim acceptance and tolerance but your actions (on this site) does not show it. You shows a very hateful bitter woman who is indeed VERY judgmental towards anyone and everyone who doesn't share her beliefs. All anyone has to do is look at all your supposed 'funnies' and see that.

Quoting toomanypoodles: 
Quoting punky3175:You didn't answer the question. And I have no problems with Christians nor do most of the people I know. I respect that others have different beliefs and I have no problems with that until those beliefs are trying to deny rights to someone else.
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting punky3175:How many gay people do you know? How many conversations have you had with them? Have you heard them explain how they have ALWAYS been attracted to the same sex? I know quite a few and not a one (male or female) CHOSE to like the same sex. WHY would anyone make a choice like that? It brings hatred from others and ridicule from closed minded individuals in society. It means they have to fight for the same basic rights that everyone else has such as the right to marry the person the love. No one would CHOOSE that lifestyle.Quoting toomanypoodles: Absolute choice.  God created a man and a woman to have sex together.  If he had wanted man to lay with man and woman with woman He'd have created two of each sex and said, "Here--you choose".It's just NUTS to think to think one is "born that way"And your question at the end is stupid---people that don't believe a homosexual lifestyle is okay do not abort their babies. 

Well then---that's your judgement on ME. 

But..you cannot see that. 

punky3175
by Punky on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:29 AM
There's a difference between having a 'judgment' about someone and being bigoted against them. Do I judge that I don't like the persona you reveal here? Yep - sure do. Do I judge that if what you portray here is the real you that I wouldn't like the real you very much? Yep - sure do.

Your turn - do you see how people think of you as a judgmental (or even bigoted) bitter woman?

And my making a judgment on you does not mean I want to deny you any rights or freedoms. I just wouldn't choose to actually spend any time with you outside of this forum.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting toomanypoodles: 
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Quoting punky3175:

There's a difference between having a 'judgment' about someone and being bigoted against them. Do I judge that I don't like the persona you reveal here? Yep - sure do. Do I judge that if what you portray here is the real you that I wouldn't like the real you very much? Yep - sure do.

Your turn - do you see how people think of you as a judgmental (or even bigoted) bitter woman?

And my making a judgment on you does not mean I want to deny you any rights or freedoms. I just wouldn't choose to actually spend any time with you outside of this forum.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting toomanypoodles: 
Quoting toomanypoodles:

I'll pass.

I'll hold my beliefs and you hold yours.  What's right and wrong for me may not be right or wrong for you.  No sense arguing. 

Billiejeens
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Having gay sex doesn't make one gay.

Once again, what is your point?

Focus this time.

Quoting greenie63:

I guess the elevator chose not to go to the top floor this evening? 

Quoting Billiejeens:

What is the point?

Quoting greenie63:

A letter from Dan Savage to Herman Cain. It's a tad profane but the point comes across:

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that some people choose to live the gay lifestyle. I do believe that most homosexuals are born attracted to people who are the same sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured