Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think that being gay is a choice or genetics

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious what people think, a lot of people say that they were born that way well then should there not be a DNA code for the gay gene?  They can find the code for male or female, brown and blue eyes and for certain diseases and disorders so then where is the gay DNA ?  If they are going to say that they were born that way well is there any definite scientific proof that can actually back this up.  So then if a parent has a gay test done on an unborn fetus and they do not believe in that lifestyle is that an okay reason to terminate the child just a few things to ponder.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM
3 moms liked this

So you admit that you could turn into a lesbian if the right woman came along? 

Quoting starh28momof2:

no one is born gay,it is in no way genetics. people choose to be that way. now there are some people who nteach their kids to be that way which is just gross. but, everyone chooses whether they want to be gay or not in th end

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

how would YOU know? 

you are beyond gross. 

Quoting starh28momof2:

no one is born gay,it is in no way genetics. people choose to be that way. now there are some people who nteach their kids to be that way which is just gross. but, everyone chooses whether they want to be gay or not in th end

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Your screen name is so fitting to this response. haha

Quoting Woodbabe:

I didn't consciously make the decison to shun vagina in favor for penor so I think your preference is one you're born with.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Warm apple pie?

Quoting Sekirei:

I like pie

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM

yes... or cherry pie. 

Quoting bellawomen:

Warm apple pie?

Quoting Sekirei:

I like pie

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Is there a genetic code for being a dumbass?

Quoting bless4more:

Just curious what people think, a lot of people say that they were born that way well then should there not be a DNA code for the gay gene?  They can find the code for male or female, brown and blue eyes and for certain diseases and disorders so then where is the gay DNA ?  If they are going to say that they were born that way well is there any definite scientific proof that can actually back this up.  So then if a parent has a gay test done on an unborn fetus and they do not believe in that lifestyle is that an okay reason to terminate the child just a few things to ponder.

starh28momof2
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I have always been straight but, i know from experiance because of someone who was a very close friend of mine that it is not genetics.

she dated guys, was in love with guys, couldnt wait to get married and have kids of her own. her parents got divorced, her dad raised her and constantly told her how much of a dissapointment she was because she wasnt a boy he wanted a son. she started dating girls even though it grossed her out. she kept doing it though because she thought she would get his approval. now she says she's gay and has been in a gay relationship for 3 years. was she born gay? NO absolutely not. she chose to be that way!!!

Quoting katy_kay08:

did you choose to like men?  Do you remember facing that choice and picking guys?  

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I think it is a choice. It was not in my genes who I would marry I picked who I wanted to be with and marry. Just like they choose who they want to be with and they rather be with someone of the same sex. It's thier life thier choice and it dose not affect me so I could care less what they do.

bless4more
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

actually I think the dumb ass gene is hereditary so a whole different thing.  It is the way i thought when given a question there are a few with some loogical well thought answers and then the ones who resort to rude remarks and name calling because that is all they have going for them.

viv212
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I never chose to be straight. I just am.
But about terminating a pregnancy because the fetus has the gay gene? It's something I never thought of. Of course the pro-choice will say no never abort, and they are typically right-leaning, and those who believe being gay is a choice is typically right-wing, so I wonder....
starh28momof2
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

this is how i know...i have always been straight but, i know from experiance because of someone who was a very close friend of mine that it is not genetics.

she dated guys, was in love with guys, couldnt wait to get married and have kids of her own. her parents got divorced, her dad raised her and constantly told her how much of a dissapointment she was because she wasnt a boy he wanted a son. she started dating girls even though it grossed her out. she kept doing it though because she thought she would get his approval. now she says she's gay and has been in a gay relationship for 3 years. was she born gay? NO absolutely not. she chose to be that way!!!

and why am i gross? that makes absolutely no sense.

Quoting autodidact:

how would YOU know? 

you are beyond gross. 

Quoting starh28momof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN