Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
wreg.com/2013/03/28/ohio-naacp-leader-questions-rape-victims-story/

Riiiiiiight, sure Royal Racist, it is all because the kid is black, ignore that a white kid was also held accountable. Dumbass!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Replies (131-140):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not like geese at all. We have a creek behind our house and a pair of geese have decided to take up residence there. They charge at the kids when they're on the trampoline, yell at you if you're in the back yard and God forbid you mow the lawn. They're very unfriendly!

Quoting Carpy:

OMG The Geese, I was cornered by my neighbors huge white one, in a bush just a few days ago, I was screaming and everyone else was laughing.  They HURT when they bite ya.  I would have been terrified as a kid.  Can't blame ya.

The white ones where probably Californians, Dutch are awesome, I had a chocolate one in the house when I was a kid.   And yes, Flemish are huge.  I can't say that I blame the dogs, rabbits can be pretty damn vicious.

Ask the kid in the club who raises chins if he knows who Sherman Healey is.  That is my dad and he is known as Mr Chinchilla.  If he is seriously into the breed, he should know who he is or some elders will.  Let me know if you get the chance.

This article mentions my dad but they spelled his name wrong

https://www.arba.net/district/8/am-1-12-tomberger.html

Quoting GLWerth:

It was so long ago, I don't even remember all the names, but he had white ones, the pure white traditional Easter bunny types, but his best ones, the ones he won the prizes for were black and white, Dutch, I think.

He also had a few Flemish (those are the really big ones, I think). One lived in the house and used a litter box. He was so sweet and the dogs were scared of him, but then, he was pretty big!

I was only about 10 or 11 when he died and all I really cared about was the cuteness factor...and not getting chased by the geese. I was terrified of the huge white ones...the Canada geese were nice, but the big white ones were mean. 

But mostly, I just remember that he was an old German farmer, always gruff and crotchety, but kind once you got past that.

One of the kids in our 4H club raises Chins.

Quoting Carpy:

Interesting, what did he raise? My dad raised standard chins. He was the first to breed them pure. I got to see a lot of the world thanks to those rabbits.

Quoting GLWerth:

My grandpa showed rabbits....had hundreds of trophies and ribbons. The year he died, the Wisconsin State Fair (where he'd been showing for, 50+ years) had a little ceremony for him. 

I used to love to go and see the bunnies and various poultry at his place.

Thanks for the nice jog of memory.

He called black people "coloreds" too, because it was the standard at the time.

I have patience with older people who use outdated terms, but none for younger people who should know better.

Quoting Carpy:

My dad called blacks "coloreds" if he had to refer to skin color for whatever reason.  He did not have a racist bone in his body and had the sense to know racism was wrong back in the "20's.  It was just the accepted term of his day.  None of us ever corrected him because it would have crushed him to think he was using a term that was considered unacceptable.  My dad was a genius in some areas, like genetics, which got him to the top in the show rabbit world, but he prided himself on being a simple man. (even though those who knew him would argue that, he was a perfectionist in everything he did) So simple, that if he needed to make a phone call he would take the phone to my mom to dial for him.

Quoting ashellbell:

Colored people? Oh, yeah, racism is definitely dead.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I gather he is a friend of the black rapists' family. I do not think he ever really explained how it is racist when a white kid was prosecuted, too.

Quoting finnbar:

Does he mention what prompted the white rapist to be prosecuted? Are all drunk/stoned girls fair game to be sexually exploited, or just dumb white girls? Would he feel the same way about a white ass hat raping a passed out black girl?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Sorry, can not make It clicky On Mobile. Google "Royal Mayo Strubinville Rape". Basically he is blaming the victim And claiming that racism prompted the black kid being prosecuted.

Quoting Euphoric:

I can't get the story.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

LOL, I don't blame you.  They are mean.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I am scared to death of geese!  I had one nearly bite my hand off while I was trying to innocently feed the ducks when I was 5.  this stupid bird was taller than me.

Quoting Carpy:

OMG The Geese, I was cornered by my neighbors huge white one, in a bush just a few days ago, I was screaming and everyone else was laughing.  They HURT when they bite ya.  I would have been terrified as a kid.  Can't blame ya.

The white ones where probably Californians, Dutch are awesome, I had a chocolate one in the house when I was a kid.   And yes, Flemish are huge.  I can't say that I blame the dogs, rabbits can be pretty damn vicious.

Ask the kid in the club who raises chins if he knows who Sherman Healey is.  That is my dad and he is known as Mr Chinchilla.  If he is seriously into the breed, he should know who he is or some elders will.  Let me know if you get the chance.

Quoting GLWerth:

It was so long ago, I don't even remember all the names, but he had white ones, the pure white traditional Easter bunny types, but his best ones, the ones he won the prizes for were black and white, Dutch, I think.

He also had a few Flemish (those are the really big ones, I think). One lived in the house and used a litter box. He was so sweet and the dogs were scared of him, but then, he was pretty big!

I was only about 10 or 11 when he died and all I really cared about was the cuteness factor...and not getting chased by the geese. I was terrified of the huge white ones...the Canada geese were nice, but the big white ones were mean. 

But mostly, I just remember that he was an old German farmer, always gruff and crotchety, but kind once you got past that.

Quoting Carpy:

Interesting, what did he raise? My dad raised standard chins. He was the first to breed them pure. I got to see a lot of the world thanks to those rabbits.

Quoting GLWerth:

My grandpa showed rabbits....had hundreds of trophies and ribbons. The year he died, the Wisconsin State Fair (where he'd been showing for, 50+ years) had a little ceremony for him. 

I have patience with older people who use outdated terms, but none for younger people who should know better.

Quoting Carpy:

My dad called blacks "coloreds" if he had to refer to skin color for whatever reason.  He did not have a racist bone in his body and had the sense to know racism was wrong back in the "20's.  It was just the accepted term of his day.  None of us ever corrected him because it would have crushed him to think he was using a term that was considered unacceptable.  My dad was a genius in some areas, like genetics, which got him to the top in the show rabbit world, but he prided himself on being a simple man. (even though those who knew him would argue that, he was a perfectionist in everything he did) So simple, that if he needed to make a phone call he would take the phone to my mom to dial for him.

Quoting ashellbell:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this

They aren't quite as vicious as the hens in this thread.  LOL

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I do not like geese at all. We have a creek behind our house and a pair of geese have decided to take up residence there. They charge at the kids when they're on the trampoline, yell at you if you're in the back yard and God forbid you mow the lawn. They're very unfriendly!

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting ashellbell:

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Applause applause!

Quoting Carpy:

They aren't quite as vicious as the hens in this thread.  LOL

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting ashellbell:

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll ask at the next meeting....just made a note in my 4H book.

And yeah, it hurts when they bite and they can flap pretty hard too.

Mr. Bunikins was GINORMOUS, bigger than any of the cats.

I'll read the article later when I get a moment!

You know what's funny? If we don't talk politics, you and I seem to have more in common than not.

Quoting Carpy:

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM
2 moms liked this

The white kid, in this case, also got the longer sentence because he was the one who distributed the pictures. Actually, I was impressed that they were treated pretty equally throughout the process.

(See, actually getting back to the topic!)

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I gather he is a friend of the black rapists' family. I do not think he ever really explained how it is racist when a white kid was prosecuted, too.

Quoting finnbar:

Does he mention what prompted the white rapist to be prosecuted? Are all drunk/stoned girls fair game to be sexually exploited, or just dumb white girls? Would he feel the same way about a white ass hat raping a passed out black girl?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Sorry, can not make It clicky On Mobile. Google "Royal Mayo Strubinville Rape". Basically he is blaming the victim And claiming that racism prompted the black kid being prosecuted.

Quoting Euphoric:

I can't get the story.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM

LOL, I know.  But, there is more to most of us than just politics.

Those rabbits can get to 30 lbs or so.  that is a lot of rabbit.

Quoting GLWerth:

I'll ask at the next meeting....just made a note in my 4H book.

And yeah, it hurts when they bite and they can flap pretty hard too.

Mr. Bunikins was GINORMOUS, bigger than any of the cats.

I'll read the article later when I get a moment!

You know what's funny? If we don't talk politics, you and I seem to have more in common than not.

Quoting Carpy:

rfurlongg
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:58 AM
I agree.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Glad to read the NAACP has condemned his remarks.

Completely asinine. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Wow! Op aside - and that guy is quite the piece of work, the level of ignorance in this thread is astounding. I mean, really, just ... wow!

What's most terrifying is the idea that they're raising kids. Poor kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN