Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
wreg.com/2013/03/28/ohio-naacp-leader-questions-rape-victims-story/

Riiiiiiight, sure Royal Racist, it is all because the kid is black, ignore that a white kid was also held accountable. Dumbass!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Replies (141-144):
Diane1223
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Black or White...the race card is played  too much!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Litlmama87:

You just played the race card, with this comment.

Quoting halinichols:

Black people play the race card more. But ah well racism is something that will never end.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Those geese can be pretty wicked. One snuck up behind us and bit my 3yo on the butt at the park last month and she had a big ole' bruised butt cheek for about a week. She doesn't want to go feed the ducks at the park anymore.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I do not like geese at all. We have a creek behind our house and a pair of geese have decided to take up residence there. They charge at the kids when they're on the trampoline, yell at you if you're in the back yard and God forbid you mow the lawn. They're very unfriendly!

Quoting Carpy:

OMG The Geese, I was cornered by my neighbors huge white one, in a bush just a few days ago, I was screaming and everyone else was laughing.  They HURT when they bite ya.  I would have been terrified as a kid.  Can't blame ya.

The white ones where probably Californians, Dutch are awesome, I had a chocolate one in the house when I was a kid.   And yes, Flemish are huge.  I can't say that I blame the dogs, rabbits can be pretty damn vicious.

Ask the kid in the club who raises chins if he knows who Sherman Healey is.  That is my dad and he is known as Mr Chinchilla.  If he is seriously into the breed, he should know who he is or some elders will.  Let me know if you get the chance.

This article mentions my dad but they spelled his name wrong

https://www.arba.net/district/8/am-1-12-tomberger.html

Quoting GLWerth:

It was so long ago, I don't even remember all the names, but he had white ones, the pure white traditional Easter bunny types, but his best ones, the ones he won the prizes for were black and white, Dutch, I think.

He also had a few Flemish (those are the really big ones, I think). One lived in the house and used a litter box. He was so sweet and the dogs were scared of him, but then, he was pretty big!

I was only about 10 or 11 when he died and all I really cared about was the cuteness factor...and not getting chased by the geese. I was terrified of the huge white ones...the Canada geese were nice, but the big white ones were mean. 

But mostly, I just remember that he was an old German farmer, always gruff and crotchety, but kind once you got past that.

One of the kids in our 4H club raises Chins.

Quoting Carpy:

Interesting, what did he raise? My dad raised standard chins. He was the first to breed them pure. I got to see a lot of the world thanks to those rabbits.

Quoting GLWerth:

My grandpa showed rabbits....had hundreds of trophies and ribbons. The year he died, the Wisconsin State Fair (where he'd been showing for, 50+ years) had a little ceremony for him. 

I used to love to go and see the bunnies and various poultry at his place.

Thanks for the nice jog of memory.

He called black people "coloreds" too, because it was the standard at the time.

I have patience with older people who use outdated terms, but none for younger people who should know better.

Quoting Carpy:

My dad called blacks "coloreds" if he had to refer to skin color for whatever reason.  He did not have a racist bone in his body and had the sense to know racism was wrong back in the "20's.  It was just the accepted term of his day.  None of us ever corrected him because it would have crushed him to think he was using a term that was considered unacceptable.  My dad was a genius in some areas, like genetics, which got him to the top in the show rabbit world, but he prided himself on being a simple man. (even though those who knew him would argue that, he was a perfectionist in everything he did) So simple, that if he needed to make a phone call he would take the phone to my mom to dial for him.

Quoting ashellbell:

Colored people? Oh, yeah, racism is definitely dead.

Neon Washable Paint

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Please keep in mind I've had a fair amount of wine with our seder dinner when I say what I'm about to say....
The thought of a cutie getting her behind nipped by a duck made me laugh a little.
I'll apologize in the a.m.

Quoting NWP:

Those geese can be pretty wicked. One snuck up behind us and bit my 3yo on the butt at the park last month and she had a big ole' bruised butt cheek for about a week. She doesn't want to go feed the ducks at the park anymore.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I do not like geese at all. We have a creek behind our house and a pair of geese have decided to take up residence there. They charge at the kids when they're on the trampoline, yell at you if you're in the back yard and God forbid you mow the lawn. They're very unfriendly!

Quoting Carpy:

OMG The Geese, I was cornered by my neighbors huge white one, in a bush just a few days ago, I was screaming and everyone else was laughing.  They HURT when they bite ya.  I would have been terrified as a kid.  Can't blame ya.

The white ones where probably Californians, Dutch are awesome, I had a chocolate one in the house when I was a kid.   And yes, Flemish are huge.  I can't say that I blame the dogs, rabbits can be pretty damn vicious.

Ask the kid in the club who raises chins if he knows who Sherman Healey is.  That is my dad and he is known as Mr Chinchilla.  If he is seriously into the breed, he should know who he is or some elders will.  Let me know if you get the chance.

Quoting GLWerth:

It was so long ago, I don't even remember all the names, but he had white ones, the pure white traditional Easter bunny types, but his best ones, the ones he won the prizes for were black and white, Dutch, I think.

He also had a few Flemish (those are the really big ones, I think). One lived in the house and used a litter box. He was so sweet and the dogs were scared of him, but then, he was pretty big!

I was only about 10 or 11 when he died and all I really cared about was the cuteness factor...and not getting chased by the geese. I was terrified of the huge white ones...the Canada geese were nice, but the big white ones were mean. 

But mostly, I just remember that he was an old German farmer, always gruff and crotchety, but kind once you got past that.

Quoting Carpy:

Interesting, what did he raise? My dad raised standard chins. He was the first to breed them pure. I got to see a lot of the world thanks to those rabbits.

Quoting GLWerth:

My grandpa showed rabbits....had hundreds of trophies and ribbons. The year he died, the Wisconsin State Fair (where he'd been showing for, 50+ years) had a little ceremony for him. 

I have patience with older people who use outdated terms, but none for younger people who should know better.

Quoting Carpy:

My dad called blacks "coloreds" if he had to refer to skin color for whatever reason.  He did not have a racist bone in his body and had the sense to know racism was wrong back in the "20's.  It was just the accepted term of his day.  None of us ever corrected him because it would have crushed him to think he was using a term that was considered unacceptable.  My dad was a genius in some areas, like genetics, which got him to the top in the show rabbit world, but he prided himself on being a simple man. (even though those who knew him would argue that, he was a perfectionist in everything he did) So simple, that if he needed to make a phone call he would take the phone to my mom to dial for him.

Quoting ashellbell:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I know! I was horrified when it happened  and was a supportive mommy with hugs...but it is actually kind of funny once you get past the brutality of it. It is one of those stories I plan to tell her friends when she is older. LOL

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Please keep in mind I've had a fair amount of wine with our seder dinner when I say what I'm about to say....
The thought of a cutie getting her behind nipped by a duck made me laugh a little.
I'll apologize in the a.m.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting ashellbell:

Neon Washable Paint

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)