Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

In states where SSM is legal should churches be allowed to turn SS couples that wish to be married away? Do you agree with laws that protect churches by giving them that right?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Hopefully I can explain this clearly. The clergy and the use of a church...yes, they should be protected (they should be able to turn them away). A facility that a church owns and rents out for public use, and if the couple is not asking that church clergy marry them, they should not be able to turn that down, IMO.

Agree.

Imacakebaker
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Yes laws should protect churches from having to marry gay people.

I see homosexuals suing churches trying to force their beliefs on Christians.  That is exactly where this is going.

Will Christian schools be force to hire gay teachers too?? Probably.

How do you plan to determine who is, or is not, gay?  

Um yeah, they ask.  They ask if you are a Christian, if you are married, how often you attend church, a reference from your pastor.

My son in is going to a Christian academy next year and I would be LIVID if one of his teachers were homosexul or not Christian.

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Absolutely. It's about rights and churches should have the right to marry or deny to marry who they wish based on their own chosen criteria. Churches shouldn't be forced to conform to people outside their faith and people outside of their faith shouldn't be forced to conform to any church's standards. I hope that made sense. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

I see homosexuals suing churches trying to force their beliefs on Christians.  That is exactly where this is going.

Um yeah, they ask.  They ask if you are a Christian, if you are married, how often you attend church, a reference from your pastor.

My son in is going to a Christian academy next year and I would be LIVID if one of his teachers were homosexul or not Christian.

I have read your oh so Christian hate in another thread.

You are so blinded by hate and misinformation that I fear the only one to damage your son is yourself.

Imacakebaker
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Hopefully I can explain this clearly. The clergy and the use of a church...yes, they should be protected (they should be able to turn them away). A facility that a church owns and rents out for public use, and if the couple is not asking that church clergy marry them, they should not be able to turn that down, IMO.

WTF?

Should a church have to rent out their space to Pagans or Satanists too??  NO they SHOULD NOT have to rent out a facility to homosexuals.  PERIOD.

Nothing like having homosexuality shoved down people's throats.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahem to that

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

You are so blinded by hate and misinformation that I fear the only one to damage your son is yourself.

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Lol. I attended a catholic elementary school for 8 years. It was well known that there was a gay teacher on staff.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Imacakebaker
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Right because being Christian is so wrong.  *eyes rolling*

Get over it.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this

more hate in this post... :( the troll is hitting everywhere

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

WTF?

Should a church have to rent out their space to Pagans or Satanists too??  NO they SHOULD NOT have to rent out a facility to homosexuals.  PERIOD.

Nothing like having homosexuality shoved down people's throats.

Craming homosexuality down peoples throats? Is this another peter puffer reference, is it you perv ? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)