Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

In states where SSM is legal should churches be allowed to turn SS couples that wish to be married away? Do you agree with laws that protect churches by giving them that right?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Churches should never be forced to join two people in any Holy union. I completely agree with the laws that protect the churches and the organizations run by them. 

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM
You're a prophetess too?! You see bubkes dahlink! If they sue, it will get nowhere, so don't worry your little head a moment longer. And, really, you will be happier in a Christian theocracy.

I'm so glad you are not a MOT!

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Yes laws should protect churches from having to marry gay people.

I see homosexuals suing churches trying to force their beliefs on Christians.  That is exactly where this is going.

Will Christian schools be force to hire gay teachers too?? Probably.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Imacakebaker
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

I see homosexuals suing churches trying to force their beliefs on Christians.  That is exactly where this is going.

How do you plan to determine who is, or is not, gay?  

Um yeah, they ask.  They ask if you are a Christian, if you are married, how often you attend church, a reference from your pastor.

My son in is going to a Christian academy next year and I would be LIVID if one of his teachers were homosexul or not Christian.

I have read your oh so Christian hate in another thread.

You are so blinded by hate and misinformation that I fear the only one to damage your son is yourself.

Right because being Christian is so wrong.  *eyes rolling*

Get over it.

Your type of 'being Christian' is wrong.

You are the one who needs to get over it before you damage your children.

Yep because you should only follow the parts of the Bible that you want.  You either believe all of it, or none of it.

If you support gay marriage, you do NOT support the Bible and are not a Christian.

Pro 17:15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting SilverSterling:

I thought we already established she is a Peter Puffer too!!!

You're right, I'm such a slacker tonight! I should go to bed.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

How do you plan to determine who is, or is not, gay?  

Um yeah, they ask.  They ask if you are a Christian, if you are married, how often you attend church, a reference from your pastor.

My son in is going to a Christian academy next year and I would be LIVID if one of his teachers were homosexul or not Christian.

I have read your oh so Christian hate in another thread.

You are so blinded by hate and misinformation that I fear the only one to damage your son is yourself.

Right because being Christian is so wrong.  *eyes rolling*

Get over it.

Your type of 'being Christian' is wrong.

You are the one who needs to get over it before you damage your children.

Yep because you should only follow the parts of the Bible that you want.  You either believe all of it, or none of it.

Who died and made you God?  

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I absolutely feel that Churches should never be forced to join two people, of the same sex, together in Holy Matrimony.   If they choose to, fine.  Be forced to, no.

This and I dont think they should be tax exempt either.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Yep, because I don't agree with you I must be a bigot. Sure.  I think you are biggoted towards Christians. 

Just because someone chooses to be gay doesn't mean the rest of us have to particate by saying its ok. 

Pro 17:15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

You have nothing to say that doesn't drip of ugliness and bigotry. Ever. Your replies are worth precisely shit, IMO.

Have a good night.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Hopefully I can explain this clearly. The clergy and the use of a church...yes, they should be protected (they should be able to turn them away). A facility that a church owns and rents out for public use, and if the couple is not asking that church clergy marry them, they should not be able to turn that down, IMO.

WTF?

Should a church have to rent out their space to Pagans or Satanists too??  NO they SHOULD NOT have to rent out a facility to homosexuals.  PERIOD.

Nothing like having homosexuality shoved down people's throats.

CDMelty
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Churches already have that right. Catholic churches won't marry divorced people without an annullment, some churches won't marry interfaith couples. It'll be the same thing. No biggy

Imacakebaker
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM

No, its common sense where this is going.

Quoting Bookwormy:

You're a prophetess too?! You see bubkes dahlink! If they sue, it will get nowhere, so don't worry your little head a moment longer. And, really, you will be happier in a Christian theocracy.

I'm so glad you are not a MOT!

Quoting Imacakebaker:

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM

For now yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN