Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

s/o on all the "gay" topics... Do you really care why someone is?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why do you care if someone is gay?

Do you really care why they are gay?

and why?

I got more to worry about trying to raise a family and work and get 2 of my kids on the Autism spectrum the treatment needed/deserved....

I have always said "Pick your battles"........and why fight ones you can't impact or win?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I agree.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I don't care what other people do, God cares though, so I care about the state of their soul. 

JCB911
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think anyone in CM really cares why someone is gay it's simply a conversation on a forum amongst other bored, tired or just-need-a-break moms.

My guess is that although we go on the computer and discuss all kinds of issues, for most of us I'd say it's nothing more than a discussion rather than a serious interest.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I get that.........some are just more passoinate than others :p

Quoting JCB911:

I don't think anyone in CM really cares why someone is gay it's simply a conversation on a forum amongst other bored, tired or just-need-a-break moms.

My guess is that although we go on the computer and discuss all kinds of issues, for most of us I'd say it's nothing more than a discussion rather than a serious interest.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a problem with gays.  I agree, there is a lot more to focus on then gay rights.  Didn't know that you have 2 kids on the Autism spectrum Maciymommieof3.  I worked with kids with Autism for yrs.  Hope you do get the treatment your kids need & deserve.  It's not easy finding a good school for kids with Autism.  I have worked in many good schools/classrooms with excellent Teachers, but I have also worked in very bad ones too.  Parents need to be very persistant.  Seems the parents that are the most involved, get the best results.  I have seen a lot of parents that don't get involved with their children that have Austism.  Sadly.  But, I also have seen a few that are very, very determined to making sure their children are receiving the best care for their child. 

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Thanks... They started out in First Steps at 10 months and then into Rockwood School District Pre School (at no cost).... It is a fee base grade.

MissTacoBell
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Jesus through God put the souls of men in the hands of his deciples and their apostolic successors, not in that of the layperson (such as you). It's not your place to mind their soul.

Jesus believed a certain way but did not disrespect those who didn't share his beliefs; he merely spoke his peace and moved on. He used acts of selflessness to bolster his message.

What acts of selflessness (absent of personal pride) have you undertaken lately? Judgement doesn't count.

Quoting toomanypoodles: I don't care what other people do, God cares though, so I care about the state of their soul. 
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Applauds you in using your faith in a beautiful way. It will be fruitless, don't cast your pearls out to the swine.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Jesus through God put the souls of men in the hands of his deciples and their apostolic successors, not in that of the layperson (such as you). It's not your place to mind their soul.

Jesus believed a certain way but did not disrespect those who didn't share his beliefs; he merely spoke his peace and moved on. He used acts of selflessness to bolster his message.

What acts of selflessness (absent of personal pride) have you undertaken lately? Judgement doesn't count.

Quoting toomanypoodles: I don't care what other people do, God cares though, so I care about the state of their soul. 

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Edited completely!

Unless you are an Orthodox Jew, a Messianic Jew, a Seventh Day Adventist, or something of that nature, you don't follow the OT/JB as it was intended. It's hypocritical IMO to say homosexual acts are an abomonation but pork & shellfish aren't, when they clearly also are in Leviticus. Further, it is only for G-d to judge, not for us mere mortals, since we are *all* imperfect, even you.

MissTacoBell
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I don't really have a specific faith (I guess I'm agnostic if you have to peg it) but I love learning about other faiths. But you're right, so few that practice the faith are educated in it making my endeavor fruitless.

Though her silence is more telling than anything.

Quoting ashellbell:

Applauds you in using your faith in a beautiful way. It will be fruitless, don't cast your pearls out to the swine.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN