Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No one has ever elaborated for me exactly what it is. 

Anyone care to explain? Because I REALLY don't get it. 

Please and thank you. :D 

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (121-129):
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM

It's the delusional belief that apparently someone else, (who you probably don't even know) getting married is going to devasate your life and value system.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM

To sexually corrupt our children?  I think?

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM

"Normal" does not = "special rights".  You have contradicted yourself. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

To make people "feel" being GLBT is normal.  To teach children being GLBT is normal.  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights. 

Just to name a few....

lga1965
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

wink mini

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Ask Kitty..........she has mentioned how the real agenda will become clear.  ;)

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Only if they are resistant to allowing the word to evolve, as attitudes and acceptance in society evolves. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

What if someone simply knows what words mean?

No religion, no bigotry, no prejudice, one simply knows what words mean.

Would that make that person substandard, and is it now OK to be intolerant to them?

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Here's my view, and it's different than some of the (kinder) ones that have been expressed to you after you initially posted the question.

Typically, people who want to limit marriage to man/woman (whether civilly or within their church) do so because they believe that the bond between two men or two women is substandard and somehow lesser than the one between a man and a woman.  To them, those people can never legitimately have the same relationship as they do with their spouse.

This is a deeply prejudicial view.  It is one that you are allowed to have (as so many churches do) but it is one that is prejudiced against gay people.  I personally have little tolerance for it, because I see the love of my gay friends as equal to that of the love between myself and my husband, and therefore worthy of the exact same words used to describe it.

Quoting kimbermccub:

Ok, so my comment is this-- When I say that I believe marriage is defined as a union between one woman and one man. Do you see this as me being homophobic? Had a huge debate over this twice today!  Needless to say it wasn't pretty... and that part sucks.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Wonderfully put!

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Here's my view, and it's different than some of the (kinder) ones that have been expressed to you after you initially posted the question.

Typically, people who want to limit marriage to man/woman (whether civilly or within their church) do so because they believe that the bond between two men or two women is substandard and somehow lesser than the one between a man and a woman.  To them, those people can never legitimately have the same relationship as they do with their spouse.

This is a deeply prejudicial view.  It is one that you are allowed to have (as so many churches do) but it is one that is prejudiced against gay people.  I personally have little tolerance for it, because I see the love of my gay friends as equal to that of the love between myself and my husband, and therefore worthy of the exact same words used to describe it.

Quoting kimbermccub:

Ok, so my comment is this-- When I say that I believe marriage is defined as a union between one woman and one man. Do you see this as me being homophobic? Had a huge debate over this twice today!  Needless to say it wasn't pretty... and that part sucks.

lga1965
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I read the customer reviews at Amazon. Here is one of them:

Balanced and thoughtful and intelligent, October 27, 2009

By
cynicalgirl (Richmond, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the90's (Plume) (Paperback)

A very good book on gays and what they can do to combat the bigotry they have to contend with. Some gays find this book offensive because it dares to suggest that marching for gay rights with your naked backside hanging out MIGHT cause some people to view gays as degenerates. I think the suggestion to march with dignity and purpose without resorting to shock tactics makes very good sense indeed. Reminds me of the old saying "you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar." Anyway, I enjoyed "After the Ball" very much and thought it very well written and researched and informative. A lot can be learned from this book.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

older
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM

There is no agenda but equality!

JanetMonroe1991
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Equal rights. But I am sure that some on this board have nightmares about gays having equal rights as everyone else.  Their children will become gay if this happens of course.  None of their amazingly stong faith that they have instilled in their children can prevent them from turning to the dark side if gay marriage is allowes.

In fact its already happening in states that have passed such a law. Record numbers of children are going gay, and they say I quote...

Quote:

"I wasn't gay before the gay marriage bill got passed, but after it got passed I couldn't resist."

and
Quote:

"I used to like boys yesterday but after that gay marriage bill got passed, I felt the power of gays and now I only like women." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)