Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No one has ever elaborated for me exactly what it is. 

Anyone care to explain? Because I REALLY don't get it. 

Please and thank you. :D 

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doomshroom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Why would normalizing GLBT be a bad thing anyway? Are people afraid that there will be too many gay people or something? And again, how would that hurt anyone? What would it take away from you?

No heterosexual people will just switch on the gay if it becomes widely accepted and normalized. There just might be more homosexuals who don't feel the need to hide.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

To make people "feel" being GLBT is normal.  To teach children being GLBT is normal.  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights. 

Just to name a few....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

To make people "feel" being GLBT is normal.  To teach children being GLBT is normal.  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights. 

Just to name a few....

For goodness sakes.  They are normal people.  

Yes, they are going to reach out and touch your precious children and turn them gay.  

Special rights?  Oh please.

Wait, don't some Christians want every one to think they are normal?  Do they not want to teach children being 'Christian' is normal?  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights..................................

You said exactly what I was going to say. 

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Being GLBT is normal, as much as any other difference is. Being " handicapped different" used to mean that people who were not "normal" were not even marginalized, just put away. Now people are "handicapable" and living their lives. Mental illness is not "normal" but we have come to realize that it is very real for many people. 

Why then, is our sexuality the last "difference" that cannot exist because it is written in stone.people believe Why is it so impossible for so many to believe that other's LGBT  were just "born that way"?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Just to name a few....

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

The destruction of religion, basically.

That is what TranquilMind and 12HelloKitty say, any way.

If they truly feel another person can remove their religion, they are not very strong in their Faith.

No one, no one gay or otherwise, could ever remove God from my life.  

I think that is not the homosexual agenda, they are just the scapegoats for it.  The desire to deconstruct religion is a huge issue for the church but its not gay people who are doing it.  Its politicians using them, its think tanks sending out memos its so much bigger and a peoples rights are being trampled because of it and animosity and fear and anger are being used to manipulate people.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
If this is my agenda, why hasn't anyone told me until tonight?

You are so obssessed with this topic! I'm lesbian but I'm not nearly as taken with SSM as you are. I'm much more concerned with civil rights. I shouldn't be fired, evicted, or refused public or private services based on much of sanything that isn't criminal.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Here you go,from a famous early book (Amazon link here:) on strategy, by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen,  gay activists: 

THE STRATEGY

Homosexual activists and authors Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen set forth the strategy of the homosexual movement over 20 years ago. In “The Overhauling of Straight America” they wrote: “Almost all behavior begins to look normal if you are exposed to enough of it at close quarters and among your acquaintances. In the early stages of the campaign to reach straight America, the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed and gay rights should be reduced to an abstract social question as much as possible. The average American watches seven hours of television daily. Those hours open up a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan Horse might be passed. While public opinion is one primary source of mainstream values, religious authority is the other. When conservative churches condemn gays, there are only two things we can do to confound the homophobia of the true believers. First, we can use talk to muddy the moral waters. This means publicizing support for gays among the moderate churches, raising theological objections of our own about conservative interpretations of Biblical teachings, and exposing hatred and inconsistencies. We can undermine the moral authority of homophobic churches by portraying them as antiquated backwaters, badly out of step with the times, and with the latest findings of psychology. Against the mighty pull of institutional religion, one must set the mightier pull of science and public opinion. Such an unholy alliance has worked well against churches before, on topics such as divorce and abortion. We intend to make the antigays look so nasty that average Americans will want to distance themselves from such types. We are talking about propaganda.”

“Hate”is the key word of the homosexual movement. It is used to describe any action, speech, or written word that does not affirm homosexual behavior. The use by activists of the “latest findings of psychology” reflects the fact that psychology (and psychiatry) categorized homosexual behavior as a mental illness until 1973, when it was changed under tremendous pressure from homosexual activists. This was the first great victory of the homosexual movement, getting the APA to stop calling their preferred sexual acts as something done by the mentally ill. One could say that all of their subsequent victories stem from this one.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Imacakebaker
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM

YES!!

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Just to name a few....

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
4 moms liked this

It IS normal. Harboring such contempt for a group of people because they are different from you...not normal. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Just to name a few....

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this

It's not a famous book.

When asked what the so-called "gay agenda" is (a term I don't think is actually used in this little known book),  you reached into your big bag o bigotry and yanked out a book few have red, that all your right-wing blogs tell is is the manual.

Fail.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Here you go,from a famous early book (Amazon link here:) on strategy, by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen,  gay activists: 

THE STRATEGY

Homosexual activists and authors Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen set forth the strategy of the homosexual movement over 20 years ago. In “The Overhauling of Straight America” they wrote: “Almost all behavior begins to look normal if you are exposed to enough of it at close quarters and among your acquaintances. In the early stages of the campaign to reach straight America, the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed and gay rights should be reduced to an abstract social question as much as possible. The average American watches seven hours of television daily. Those hours open up a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan Horse might be passed. While public opinion is one primary source of mainstream values, religious authority is the other. When conservative churches condemn gays, there are only two things we can do to confound the homophobia of the true believers. First, we can use talk to muddy the moral waters. This means publicizing support for gays among the moderate churches, raising theological objections of our own about conservative interpretations of Biblical teachings, and exposing hatred and inconsistencies. We can undermine the moral authority of homophobic churches by portraying them as antiquated backwaters, badly out of step with the times, and with the latest findings of psychology. Against the mighty pull of institutional religion, one must set the mightier pull of science and public opinion. Such an unholy alliance has worked well against churches before, on topics such as divorce and abortion. We intend to make the antigays look so nasty that average Americans will want to distance themselves from such types. We are talking about propaganda.”

“Hate”is the key word of the homosexual movement. It is used to describe any action, speech, or written word that does not affirm homosexual behavior. The use by activists of the “latest findings of psychology” reflects the fact that psychology (and psychiatry) categorized homosexual behavior as a mental illness until 1973, when it was changed under tremendous pressure from homosexual activists. This was the first great victory of the homosexual movement, getting the APA to stop calling their preferred sexual acts as something done by the mentally ill. One could say that all of their subsequent victories stem from this one.

kimbermccub
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Ok, so my comment is this-- When I say that I believe marriage is defined as a union between one woman and one man. Do you see this as me being homophobic? Had a huge debate over this twice today!  Needless to say it wasn't pretty... and that part sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN