Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No one has ever elaborated for me exactly what it is. 

Anyone care to explain? Because I REALLY don't get it. 

Please and thank you. :D 

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Quoting kimbermccub:

Ok, so my comment is this-- When I say that I believe marriage is defined as a union between one woman and one man. Do you see this as me being homophobic? Had a huge debate over this twice today!  Needless to say it wasn't pretty... and that part sucks.

It depends on if you follow your comment with "so I don't plan on having a SSM'.  Your okay as long as you adapt some type of support...for now. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
No, that doesn't make you a homophobe, but marriage has been refined many times, why is it a big deal now?

Quoting kimbermccub:

Ok, so my comment is this-- When I say that I believe marriage is defined as a union between one woman and one man. Do you see this as me being homophobic? Had a huge debate over this twice today!  Needless to say it wasn't pretty... and that part sucks.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Once upon a time women could hold no property, it was law based on scripture that women should hold no power over men.  It isnt hard to imagine that property and assets may give a woman power.

I would imagine there were a lot of people who felt that women being given the right to handle their own affairs was an attempt to undermine the church.  Do you Christian anti ssm people feel that  women should also step back to the subserviant status the Bible indicates we should have?

Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Quoting kimbermccub:

I don't think it makes you necessarily homophobic; I just think that you, and correct me if I am wrong, believe that marriage is a religious matter and not a civil matter. Because marriage definitions have been redefined over the years, and the world continues to turn. I only hear this opinion when it is bible based. And the bible does not belong in the government.
“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Once upon a time women could hold no property, it was law based on scripture that women should hold no power over men.  It isnt hard to imagine that property and assets may give a woman power.

I would imagine there were a lot of people who felt that women being given the right to handle their own affairs was an attempt to undermine the church.  Do you Christian anti ssm people feel that  women should also step back to the subserviant status the Bible indicates we should have?

My bible doesn't indicate women as being subservient status...

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Quoting Elkamelka:

Quoting kimbermccub:

I don't think it makes you necessarily homophobic; I just think that you, and correct me if I am wrong, believe that marriage is a religious matter and not a civil matter. Because marriage definitions have been redefined over the years, and the world continues to turn. I only hear this opinion when it is bible based. And the bible does not belong in the government.

Just curious is this a new spin phrase?  I have read several people make this same comment only recently. 

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting survivorinohio:

The head of woman is man" (1 Corinthians 11:3)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting Elkamelka:

Quoting kimbermccub:

Just curious is this a new spin phrase?  I have read several people make this same comment only recently. 

Hardly. You must not have been reading carefully. It's also the truth, BTW. 

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting survivorinohio:

1 Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM
3 moms liked this
It's a "thought" not a "feeling", as feelings are emotions.

Except for special rights & attention & the one wrong word, I think you are correct. We don't have an "official agenda" but we do want people to think that we are normal & we want to teach children that we are normal. & sure we want to be liked instead of disliked or hated or even killed. Most people prefer that, gay or straight.

Personally, I don't want to be fired, evicted, harrassed, or refused public or private services (as in McDonalds' service for instance, I don't mean religious,) due to anything that isn't criminal. My agenda includes an ending to these obvious forms of discrimination that currently occur legally all the time.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

To make people "feel" being GLBT is normal.  To teach children being GLBT is normal.  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights. 

Just to name a few....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN