Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No one has ever elaborated for me exactly what it is. 

Anyone care to explain? Because I REALLY don't get it. 

Please and thank you. :D 

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Right.
It's weird to me

Quoting FromAtoZ:

The destruction of religion, basically.

That is what TranquilMind and 12HelloKitty say, any way.

If they truly feel another person can remove their religion, they are not very strong in their Faith.

No one, no one gay or otherwise, could ever remove God from my life.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:44 AM
An mine doesn't indicate tht homosexuality is wrong and that homosexual marriage should be illegal...

Quoting 12hellokitty: 

Quoting survivorinohio:
Once upon a time women could hold no property, it was law based on scripture that women should hold no power over men.  It isnt hard to imagine that property and assets may give a woman power.
I would imagine there were a lot of people who felt that women being given the right to handle their own affairs was an attempt to undermine the church.  Do you Christian anti ssm people feel that  women should also step back to the subserviant status the Bible indicates we should have?
My bible doesn't indicate women as being subservient status...

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
What special rights? Honest question, I haven't seen anyone asking for special rights, so I'm wondering what special rights you've heard or you think they're asking for.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

To make people "feel" being GLBT is normal.  To teach children being GLBT is normal.  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights. 

Just to name a few....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Eh, not really.  I just follow political topics and this one has been in the forefront lately.

I can't help it if you fail to read the strategy books of those who laid some groundwork before you.

Those were quotes, people....

Quoting Bookwormy:

If this is my agenda, why hasn't anyone told me until tonight?

You are so obssessed with this topic! I'm lesbian but I'm not nearly as taken with SSM as you are. I'm much more concerned with civil rights. I shouldn't be fired, evicted, or refused public or private services based on much of sanything that isn't criminal.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Here you go,from a famous early book (Amazon link here:) on strategy, by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen,  gay activists: 

THE STRATEGY

Homosexual activists and authors Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen set forth the strategy of the homosexual movement over 20 years ago. In “The Overhauling of Straight America” they wrote: “Almost all behavior begins to look normal if you are exposed to enough of it at close quarters and among your acquaintances. In the early stages of the campaign to reach straight America, the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed and gay rights should be reduced to an abstract social question as much as possible. The average American watches seven hours of television daily. Those hours open up a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan Horse might be passed. While public opinion is one primary source of mainstream values, religious authority is the other. When conservative churches condemn gays, there are only two things we can do to confound the homophobia of the true believers. First, we can use talk to muddy the moral waters. This means publicizing support for gays among the moderate churches, raising theological objections of our own about conservative interpretations of Biblical teachings, and exposing hatred and inconsistencies. We can undermine the moral authority of homophobic churches by portraying them as antiquated backwaters, badly out of step with the times, and with the latest findings of psychology. Against the mighty pull of institutional religion, one must set the mightier pull of science and public opinion. Such an unholy alliance has worked well against churches before, on topics such as divorce and abortion. We intend to make the antigays look so nasty that average Americans will want to distance themselves from such types. We are talking about propaganda.”

“Hate”is the key word of the homosexual movement. It is used to describe any action, speech, or written word that does not affirm homosexual behavior. The use by activists of the “latest findings of psychology” reflects the fact that psychology (and psychiatry) categorized homosexual behavior as a mental illness until 1973, when it was changed under tremendous pressure from homosexual activists. This was the first great victory of the homosexual movement, getting the APA to stop calling their preferred sexual acts as something done by the mentally ill. One could say that all of their subsequent victories stem from this one.

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I was thinking that it sounded like the Christian agenda too!

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

To make people "feel" being GLBT is normal.  To teach children being GLBT is normal.  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights. 

Just to name a few....

For goodness sakes.  They are normal people.  

Yes, they are going to reach out and touch your precious children and turn them gay.  

Special rights?  Oh please.

Wait, don't some Christians want every one to think they are normal?  Do they not want to teach children being 'Christian' is normal?  To have people like them.  Attention.  Special rights..................................

You said exactly what I was going to say. 

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Well, th'at's how THEY portrayed it, of course.

Duh. 

Quoting autodidact:

Kirk and ad man Madsen propose a massive media campaign designed to correct stereotypes and neutralize anti-gay prejudice.

wow, how indsidious! hide yo' wives, hide yo' kids!

Quoting TranquilMind:

Here you go,from a famous early book (Amazon link here:) on strategy, by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen,  gay activists: 

THE STRATEGY

Homosexual activists and authors Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen set forth the strategy of the homosexual movement over 20 years ago. In “The Overhauling of Straight America” they wrote: “Almost all behavior begins to look normal if you are exposed to enough of it at close quarters and among your acquaintances. In the early stages of the campaign to reach straight America, the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed and gay rights should be reduced to an abstract social question as much as possible. The average American watches seven hours of television daily. Those hours open up a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan Horse might be passed. While public opinion is one primary source of mainstream values, religious authority is the other. When conservative churches condemn gays, there are only two things we can do to confound the homophobia of the true believers. First, we can use talk to muddy the moral waters. This means publicizing support for gays among the moderate churches, raising theological objections of our own about conservative interpretations of Biblical teachings, and exposing hatred and inconsistencies. We can undermine the moral authority of homophobic churches by portraying them as antiquated backwaters, badly out of step with the times, and with the latest findings of psychology. Against the mighty pull of institutional religion, one must set the mightier pull of science and public opinion. Such an unholy alliance has worked well against churches before, on topics such as divorce and abortion. We intend to make the antigays look so nasty that average Americans will want to distance themselves from such types. We are talking about propaganda.”

“Hate”is the key word of the homosexual movement. It is used to describe any action, speech, or written word that does not affirm homosexual behavior. The use by activists of the “latest findings of psychology” reflects the fact that psychology (and psychiatry) categorized homosexual behavior as a mental illness until 1973, when it was changed under tremendous pressure from homosexual activists. This was the first great victory of the homosexual movement, getting the APA to stop calling their preferred sexual acts as something done by the mentally ill. One could say that all of their subsequent victories stem from this one.

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM

As far as I can tell there are 2 Scriptures that speak out against it.  I also know from history that certain people had reasons to call out homosexuality and that its always been very political which in itself I do not understand. 

I know its not for me to judge the life and soul and sin of another and thats really enough for me *shrug*

Quoting Momniscient:

An mine doesn't indicate tht homosexuality is wrong and that homosexual marriage should be illegal...

Quoting 12hellokitty: 

Quoting survivorinohio:
Once upon a time women could hold no property, it was law based on scripture that women should hold no power over men.  It isnt hard to imagine that property and assets may give a woman power.
I would imagine there were a lot of people who felt that women being given the right to handle their own affairs was an attempt to undermine the church.  Do you Christian anti ssm people feel that  women should also step back to the subserviant status the Bible indicates we should have?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
They needn't have written this, but it does prove how truely prophetic they were, "We intend to make the antigays look so nasty that average Americans will want to distance themselves from such types."

Many of the anti-gay moms on CM do this so well to their movement themselves that gay rights activists needn't do anything but allow the homophobes to type.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Duh. 

Quoting autodidact:

Kirk and ad man Madsen propose a massive media campaign designed to correct stereotypes and neutralize anti-gay prejudice.

Quoting TranquilMind:

THE STRATEGY

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Yes I know the scriptures but its interpretation of interpretation and what not.

And I totally agree with you. I feel like love is my job and that's what I'll do.

As the Bible is meaningless in law anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Quoting survivorinohio:

As far as I can tell there are 2 Scriptures that speak out against it.  I also know from history that certain people had reasons to call out homosexuality and that its always been very political which in itself I do not understand. 

I know its not for me to judge the life and soul and sin of another and thats really enough for me *shrug*

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting 12hellokitty: 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Exactly. I want nothing to do with some of the cruel stupidity I see from homophobes here

Quoting Bookwormy:

They needn't have written this, but it does prove how truely prophetic they were, "We intend to make the antigays look so nasty that average Americans will want to distance themselves from such types."

Many of the anti-gay moms on CM do this so well to their movement themselves that gay rights activists needn't do anything but allow the homophobes to type.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Duh. 

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting TranquilMind:

THE STRATEGY

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN