Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Picking and choosing ( for the faithful )

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 83 Replies

For those of us who have faith it is clear none could follow any Holy Book to the letter. We fall short of the mark I am afraid. 

How do you pick and choose?

I will start off with my thoughts, which I dont usually do.  I usually wait then speak.

I think that (as a Christian) that I have the responsibility of maintaining a healthy relationship with tThe Lord and he will give me insight as to what I need to do for me.  I know his desires for my life in no uncertain terms.  (generally speaking that is) In other words I know what of my actions and behavior are displeasing to The Lord. I believe if I ever solve what I know about today he will reveal more to me.

I dont think Jesus cares if I have clams for dinner.

What do you think?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM

its literally imposible in modern times to follow the Bible to the letter. We can only try our best to grow in God's love and learn his Will. 

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:17 AM
3 moms liked this

...you mean like this?

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Exactly.  I just spent the past 4 days with some Christian friends that have turned Messianic Jew and have gone to living under the law.  NO WAY is that for me.  I feel my sins are covered under the blood of Christ, I'm forgiven so why do I have to do anything at all to atone for them?  Jesus paid it all. 

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM

BUMP!

ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this
And why can't the gays get married?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Exactly.  I just spent the past 4 days with some Christian friends that have turned Messianic Jew and have gone to living under the law.  NO WAY is that for me.  I feel my sins are covered under the blood of Christ, I'm forgiven so why do I have to do anything at all to atone for them?  Jesus paid it all. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I dunno, I think that apologizing. atonement and redemption are all part of the covenant of the blood. 

Its not quite as simple as just being forgiven I dont think, Jesus did pay it all but he has expectations of us.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM
5 moms liked this

Instead of using religion as a framework and beacon along with a healthy dose of applicable, modern day common sense, many appear to use religious dogma as a weapon to judge, castigate and as an attempt to control or guilt others. With the numerous faiths and denominations within, clearly not all  can be correct (100%)....obviously some of those books are incorrect. Faith is a leap of f a cliff of unknown height into a canyon of unknown depth while blindfolded and having one's limbs tied. Everyone is right and simultaneously wrong.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
6 moms liked this
"Jesus gives me a free pass to sin."

Well that explains a lot. LMFAO
parentalrights1
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I've seen at least one particular poster imply that she doesn't pick and choose, so we probably outta find her and report her for stoning gay people
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM
5 moms liked this
I agree you can't live to the letter of the Bible in this day and age... I truly believe the Bible is not to be taken literally at all time. It was written as a "guidebook" and it is meant to adapt to modern times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN