Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

As a public service to homophobes...

Posted by   + Show Post

...since marriage equality will become the law of the land, most of you will have to get used to seeing ecstatic same-sex couples celebrating. You know, kissing & hugging when the ruling is handed down...then the requisite news bits of same-sex couples' celebratory hugging and kissing...coverage of happy same-sex couples, newly wed, celebrating their union with...hugging and kissing...

So! To help y'all get used to it, I'm gonna provide some desensitization therapy. For free! All you gotta do is just come on this post, frequently as possible, and browse through all the photos!!

Good luck, and may your minds and hearts open, your bigotry and ignorance just melt away...

...and ladies, feel free to post your own!

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I took that dare...and failed! What a beautiful wedding and precious family! Love it :-)

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Dare ya not to cry...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockie01
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

That is so unnecessary. I don't consider myself a homophobe. We are called to love all people, not the sin. That being said, it seems alot of the desire to be "married" is for business purposes, such as inheritance taxes, and medical coverage. Those things should be worked out via insurance companies and law makers. I just don't think changing marriage to include same sex marriage is what this is all about. I don't mean or want to offend anyone, but I don't want pictures or images of straight or gay people involved in public displays of affection. It shouldn't be my business to know who one sleeps with and I'd like to keep it that way. I hope to be able to live in community, harmony and peace as a firm believer of traditional marriage. I think it's a matter of respect. We have to respect that there are still those of us who will not accept this form of lifestyle. Peace to you and yours. 

Cutenessmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM
5 moms liked this

MY husband said cool now  everybody focus on other stuff besides denying basics rights to people  lets  get forward in busting the corrupt  jerks in OFFICE!  good luck :)

bless4more
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I agree that is not something that I want to see, no wonder our country is going downhill.  So what will we condone next old men with young boys or how about polygmy.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Pfffish. lol

Pretty scary people. 

lga1965
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

....you're in trouble now, poods 

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Pfffish. lol

Pretty scary people. 

lga1965
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting EireLass:

Doesn't matter to me, it's their life, not mine.

I never understood the term "homophobia". What are they afraid of? Shouldn't it be "homohater"?

I think so! Makes sense.

lga1965
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Nice photos! Very positive and encouraging.

What could possibly be wrong with two people being in love? Nothing!

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

These are beautiful pictures :)  Thank you for sharing!

lga1965
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM
5 moms liked this

wel...isn't that ignorant.eye rolling

Quoting bless4more:

I agree that is not something that I want to see, no wonder our country is going downhill.  So what will we condone next old men with young boys or how about polygmy.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Pfffish. lol

Pretty scary people. 

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

So how many wives and/or concubines does your husband have?

Quoting rockie01:

That is so unnecessary. I don't consider myself a homophobe. We are called to love all people, not the sin. That being said, it seems alot of the desire to be "married" is for business purposes, such as inheritance taxes, and medical coverage. Those things should be worked out via insurance companies and law makers. I just don't think changing marriage to include same sex marriage is what this is all about. I don't mean or want to offend anyone, but I don't want pictures or images of straight or gay people involved in public displays of affection. It shouldn't be my business to know who one sleeps with and I'd like to keep it that way. I hope to be able to live in community, harmony and peace as a firm believer of traditional marriage. I think it's a matter of respect. We have to respect that there are still those of us who will not accept this form of lifestyle. Peace to you and yours. 

babiesbabybaby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)