Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As a public service to homophobes...

Posted by   + Show Post

...since marriage equality will become the law of the land, most of you will have to get used to seeing ecstatic same-sex couples celebrating. You know, kissing & hugging when the ruling is handed down...then the requisite news bits of same-sex couples' celebratory hugging and kissing...coverage of happy same-sex couples, newly wed, celebrating their union with...hugging and kissing...

So! To help y'all get used to it, I'm gonna provide some desensitization therapy. For free! All you gotta do is just come on this post, frequently as possible, and browse through all the photos!!

Good luck, and may your minds and hearts open, your bigotry and ignorance just melt away...

...and ladies, feel free to post your own!

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

The SCOTUS will not likely declare it law of the land, they will likely open it up for the states to decide.  Most likely there is a ways to go yet.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I was listening to the arguements on CSPAN and I agree with you.  I think they are going to say its a states rights issue.   There were justices who kept bringing up that the federal government did not issue marriage licenses, the states did, and that language in federal bills, benefits could be changed and in some instances has.

Quoting Carpy:

The SCOTUS will not likely declare it law of the land, they will likely open it up for the states to decide.  Most likely there is a ways to go yet.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM
7 moms liked this

I know many of you know I have a son who was born my daughter.  So, when he gets married it will be a same sex marriage techinically most likely. 

This post is a little ugly though. Not so much the photos, but what you said.  I kind of sounds like "nanny, nanny!" as you are sticking your tounge, taunting the other side. out  Why be like that?  Honestly, in my opinion, it just makes life harder for young adults and other like my son.  Its just as bad as someone being ugly about the way he was born.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this

Doesn't matter to me, it's their life, not mine.

I never understood the term "homophobia". What are they afraid of? Shouldn't it be "homohater"?

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM
3 moms liked this

boo!

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Pfffish. lol

Pretty scary people. 

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That was...wow. 

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Dare ya not to cry...

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM
3 moms liked this

What's scary is that you think those people are scary. 

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Pfffish. lol

Pretty scary people. 

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quoting ..MoonShine..:
That was...wow. At the risk of sounding like my 12 y.o... I know, right??
Quoting Goodwoman614:
Dare ya not to cry...

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Pfffish. lol

Pretty scary people. 

Oh come on. I know you're not a hateful person. The gayz aren't gonna try to run ya down, kiss on ya & give ya the gay or something...

I know you don't support marriage equality, but scary?? Scary is the non-stop PMS I just got over, after getting another period 17 days after the last one...

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Quoting littlemonaghan:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/60-moments-that-gave-me-the-chills-during-seattle

Great link, thanks! Those photos were so touching.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured