Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As a public service to homophobes...

Posted by   + Show Post

...since marriage equality will become the law of the land, most of you will have to get used to seeing ecstatic same-sex couples celebrating. You know, kissing & hugging when the ruling is handed down...then the requisite news bits of same-sex couples' celebratory hugging and kissing...coverage of happy same-sex couples, newly wed, celebrating their union with...hugging and kissing...

So! To help y'all get used to it, I'm gonna provide some desensitization therapy. For free! All you gotta do is just come on this post, frequently as possible, and browse through all the photos!!

Good luck, and may your minds and hearts open, your bigotry and ignorance just melt away...

...and ladies, feel free to post your own!

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Replies (231-240):
DestinyRoseLC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh and just for the record homosexuality was around way before your book.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Quoting talkberry:

Repeat your response but look into the mirror as you do it; then with a straight face tell me again about closed mindedness, maturity, and name calling. Yep, that's what I thought. Next time try harder (maybe get that high horse to help you) You're welcome!

Iconoclast
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I know your kind typical self loather, unable to support another's happiness because you cannot have it for yourself. Misery loves company.

Quoting rockie01:

I was talking to Badwoman. You know nothing about me or my family. I have no obsession with your lifestyle. Time for my morning prayers. Have a great day.

From Catholic website

Full Question

I have friends who equate denying homosexuals the right to marry with denying freedom to blacks and not allowing women to vote. What should I say?

Answer

The situations are quite different, and it is natural law that reveals the difference to us. Natural law is a sense of good and evil that is written on the heart of every person. It tells us which acts are good and rational and which are evil and irrational. Natural law tells us that not every kind of behavior is a right. The act of murder is not a right, nor is incest. These go against human nature. We inherently know that these are wrong.

If, for example, many people began telling us that incest is a right and that to deny such a right is similar to discrimination because of race or sex, our first reaction would be moral outrage. For a parent and child to have sexual relations with one another violates the very nature of who they are in relation to one another. Something is out of sync.

But eventually we might be swayed by such argumentation because of the sheer volume and intensity of the propaganda, not because of the rationality of the argument. This is what has happened with the so-called right to homosexual "marriage."

For two members of the same sex to have genital relations violates the nature of who they are in relation to one another. Their bodies are simply not designed for it. Something is out of sync.

The problem is that in our culture we tend to put feelings before right reason. Reason would tell us that in such a situation, one ought to put feelings second. For rational creatures to make reason subject to feelings is to court disaster.

"Religion is nothing more than a political party organized around some guy's moral views."

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
4 moms liked this

New Zealand,13th country to legalize same sex marriage.  

See bill passed here in true NZ style...with a song LOL

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting turtle68:

New Zealand MPs Sing Maori Love Song After Approving Gay Marriage (VIDEO)

MPs and people watching in the gallery of New Zealand's parliament broke into spontaneous song on Wednesday, following the passage of historic gay marriage legislation.

New Zealand became the 13th nation in the world to legalise same-sex weddings after MPs voted 77 to 44 in favour of the Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill.

After the vote count was announced, the House of Representatives in Wellington was filled with the sound of the New Zealand love song "Pokarekare Ana" - in the indigenous Maori language.

As the parliamentary debate wound up, Louisa Wall, the sponsorer of the bill, told colleagues the change was "our road toward healing."

"In our society, the meaning of marriage is universal – it's a declaration of love and commitment to a special person," she said.

She added: "Nothing could make me more proud to be a New Zealander than passing this bill."

SEE ALSO: Gay Marriage: The 21st Century's 'Unstoppable Global Trend'

The singing legislators and members of public inside the parliament were joined byhundreds of jubilant gay-rights advocates who celebrated outside.

New Zealand legalised civil unions for gay couples in 2005. Under the law passed today same-sex couples will be allowed to adopt children for the first time.

New Zealand joins Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden and Uruguay in having legalised gay marriage.

Last week the French Senate approved a Bill that brought same-sex marriage a significant step closer. In the UK gay marriage legislation is currently making its way through parliament.

'Pokarekare Ana' Lyrics

The waves are breaking, against the shores of Waiapu, My heart is aching, for your return my love.

Oh my beloved, come back to me, my heart is breaking for of love for you.

I have written you a letter, and enclosed with it my ring, If your people should see it, then the trouble will begin.

Oh girl, come back to me, my heart is breaking for of love for you.

My poor pen is broken, my paper is spent, But my love for you endures, and remains forever more.

The sun's hot sheen, won't scorch my love, Being kept evergreen, by the falling of my tears.

Oh girl, Come back to me, I could die of love for you.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM

thanks...couldnt figure out how to make it a video post.

I thought they actually sounded good LOL.  For a bunch of non Maori and politicians at that hahahahaha

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting turtle68:

New Zealand MPs Sing Maori Love Song After Approving Gay Marriage (VIDEO)

MPs and people watching in the gallery of New Zealand's parliament broke into spontaneous song on Wednesday, following the passage of historic gay marriage legislation.

New Zealand became the 13th nation in the world to legalise same-sex weddings after MPs voted 77 to 44 in favour of the Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill.

After the vote count was announced, the House of Representatives in Wellington was filled with the sound of the New Zealand love song "Pokarekare Ana" - in the indigenous Maori language.

As the parliamentary debate wound up, Louisa Wall, the sponsorer of the bill, told colleagues the change was "our road toward healing."

"In our society, the meaning of marriage is universal – it's a declaration of love and commitment to a special person," she said.

She added: "Nothing could make me more proud to be a New Zealander than passing this bill."

SEE ALSO: Gay Marriage: The 21st Century's 'Unstoppable Global Trend'

The singing legislators and members of public inside the parliament were joined byhundreds of jubilant gay-rights advocates who celebrated outside.

New Zealand legalised civil unions for gay couples in 2005. Under the law passed today same-sex couples will be allowed to adopt children for the first time.

New Zealand joins Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden and Uruguay in having legalised gay marriage.

Last week the French Senate approved a Bill that brought same-sex marriage a significant step closer. In the UK gay marriage legislation is currently making its way through parliament.

'Pokarekare Ana' Lyrics

The waves are breaking, against the shores of Waiapu, My heart is aching, for your return my love.

I have written you a letter, and enclosed with it my ring, If your people should see it, then the trouble will begin.

Oh girl, come back to me, my heart is breaking for of love for you.

My poor pen is broken, my paper is spent, But my love for you endures, and remains forever more.

The sun's hot sheen, won't scorch my love, Being kept evergreen, by the falling of my tears.

Oh girl, Come back to me, I could die of love for you.

norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Blah blah blah you suck.

Quoting talkberry:

If I believe God says marriage is for wonen and men then whether it makes you feel unequal not to include you in your wrongness does not matter. The love is in pointing you to God's truth. When I love someone I am willing to tell them right from wrong. God's right.

Quoting norwgnwood:

How can you say you love someone but then think they don't deserve equal rights as you?

Quoting talkberry:

Just because I and others do not agree with same sec marriage it does not mean we are closed minded or homophones. Actually most of our minds are pretty open and we have clear thought out reasons for our beliefs and listen to other's reasons. I have homosexuals in my family who know my stance on the issue but also know I love them. You call us all these names and label us and don't see that you are being our judge and jury.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talkberry
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Father God, in the name of Jesus touch her in a way that she sees you. Bless her in a mighty way. Root out bitterness and malice. Help her to be less threatened by other's opinions. Amen.

Quoting norwgnwood:

Blah blah blah you suck.

Quoting talkberry:

If I believe God says marriage is for wonen and men then whether it makes you feel unequal not to include you in your wrongness does not matter. The love is in pointing you to God's truth. When I love someone I am willing to tell them right from wrong. God's right.

Quoting norwgnwood:

How can you say you love someone but then think they don't deserve equal rights as you?

Quoting talkberry:

Just because I and others do not agree with same sec marriage it does not mean we are closed minded or homophones. Actually most of our minds are pretty open and we have clear thought out reasons for our beliefs and listen to other's reasons. I have homosexuals in my family who know my stance on the issue but also know I love them. You call us all these names and label us and don't see that you are being our judge and jury.

talkberry
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Father God, in the name of Jesus touch her in a way that she sees you. Bless her in a mighty way. Root out bitterness and malice. Help her to be less threatened by other's opinions. Amen.

Quoting norwgnwood:

Blah blah blah you suck.

Quoting talkberry:

Quoting norwgnwood:

Quoting talkberry:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting talkberry:

Quoting norwgnwood:

Blah blah blah you suck.

Quoting talkberry:

Quoting norwgnwood:

Quoting talkberry:

The same prayer could be directed towards you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured