Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Korea Rockets 'Ready To Hit US Bases'

he country's KCNA news agency said Kim Jong-Un had signed off on the order to train sights on American bases in South Korea and the Pacific after a midnight meeting with top generals.

The move was followed by reports of increased activity at North Korea's mid to long-range missile sites, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.

It comes after two American stealth bombers flew over South Korea in a show of force to Pyongyang, following an escalation of rhetoric from the North's young leader.

Both China and Russia have appealed for calm.

Moscow said the heightened military activity was slipping into a "vicious cycle" that could get out of control, implicitly criticising the US bomber flights.

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov suggested that North Korea should also cool down, calling on "all sides not to flex their military muscle" and avoid the danger of a belligerent response.

A B-2 Stealth Bomber flies towards a refuel stop w
The US uses B-2 bombers as a 'deterrence' measure in the region

China's foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said: "We call on all relevant parties to make joint efforts to turn around the tense situation. Peace and stability on the Korean peninsula as well as Northeast Asia serves the common interest."

The two nuclear-capable B-2 planes flew a 13,000-mile round trip from an air base in Missouri, dropping a dummy bomb on a target range in the South.

The planes were taking part in a joint South Korea-US military exercise that has inflamed tensions with Pyongyang, which earlier this month threatened to unleash an "all-out war" backed by nuclear weapons.

"This .... demonstrates the United States' ability to conduct long range, precision strikes quickly and at will," the US military said in a statement.

"The B-2 bomber is an important element of America's enduring and robust extended deterrence capability in the Asia-Pacific region."

KCNA reported that Mr Kim had "judged the time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists in view of the prevailing situation".

The agency said: "He finally signed the plan on technical preparations of strategic rockets of the KPA, ordering them to be on standby for fire so that they may strike any time the US mainland, its military bases in the operational theatres in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea."

Following their leader's call to arms, thousands of North Koreans turned out for a mass rally in the main square in the capital.

Chanting "Death to the US imperialists" and "Sweep away the US aggressors," soldiers and students marched through Kim Il-Sung Square during the 90-minute rally.

The US has denied its military exercise was provocative but said it was "committed to a pathway to peace" and "prepared to deal with any eventuality" in the region.

Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel and General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the B-2 bombers were a message intended more for allies than Pyongyang.

"The North Koreans have to understand that what they're doing is very dangerous," Mr Hagel said.

"I don't think we're doing anything extraordinary or provocative or out of the ... orbit of what nations do to protect their own interests."

The US, he added, must make it clear to South Korea, Japan and other allies in the region that "these provocations by the North are taken by us very seriously, and we'll respond to that".

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Im not worried that they would do a lot of damage, I worry that they will try it and all those millions of people who have no say in this...(I mean they werent even involved in having the crazy man as their leader...he inherited the position) will die from his deluded ideas...from retaliation.

Unfortunately that is war.  

I find it repulsive that someone would not give a crap about those will become "collatoral damage" rather will cheer from the armchair "yeah lets kick ass man and show that country how badass we are"

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Exactly turtle. We can't punish a while country because they have a psychopathic leader. Way too many innocent lives would be taken in the process.

SO is in the military and doesn't think they are much of a threat. I'm not worried if hes not.

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting Cutenessmom:

Lets kick ASS now they deserve it !

You do know that the citizens of NK have no say in what their government is doing...dont you?

Much like those countries that the US has invaded under false pretenses...do you think the twin towers were a result of people who think like you?

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

2 tiny men waving their wee little penises at each other...

Della529
by Matlock on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

QUOTE:   two American stealth bombers flew over South Korea in a show of force to Pyongyang

QUOTE:   China and Russia have appealed for calm

Wow, America is showing it's "mighty ass", and those bloody "commies" are asking for people to remain calm.

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Quoting radioheid:

Pretty sure any missiles North Korea attempts to send our way will travel about 9 miles and land in the sea. And the world will facepalm.

Hey , good to see you!

I hope that is the case lol. 

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

MissTacoBell
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM
NK thinks weapons and the leader makes a nation great. It's people are starved and brainwashed into thinking that's perfectly ok and that they are sacrificing for their nation.

It's sad for the people because even if they try and fail to launch aggression a they are going to get bitch slapped by the rest of the world. I don't know what would be more devastating for them: losing their lives, or their perception of their nation and the rest of the world,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I have a military friend that lives there with his family also. Just had a baby. I'm sure its very unsettling ..

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Being as Okinawa is pretty much the ring leader for the pacific region military operations, and its high ratio of military bases per sq. mile... I foresee that would be a more likely target. I can't say it doesn't give me the jeebies being in Okinawa with all this going down, including local protesting, but I believe in our military strength and readiness. They will not succeed against us.
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Alrighty then 

Just saying words are cheap. I have no doubt that tension is ready to jump off at any moment but this is the world we live in and rules and laws are only applicable to those who follow them. I think it may be the jumping point of the next world war or that could lie in the stand off in the middle east. Either way I figure it is coming sooner rather than later. Just remember peace is not profitable.

carlyshort
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Early this morning north Korea entered a state of war with south Korea.

And the plot thickens..
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Never underestimate your enemy.

Quoting radioheid:

Pretty sure any missiles North Korea attempts to send our way will travel about 9 miles and land in the sea. And the world will facepalm.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:07 AM

And that is why we have been in the ME so long.  And it is also why NK has reached this point.  You can not win a politically correct war.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Exactly turtle. We can't punish a while country because they have a psychopathic leader. Way too many innocent lives would be taken in the process.

SO is in the military and doesn't think they are much of a threat. I'm not worried if hes not.

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting Cutenessmom:

Lets kick ASS now they deserve it !

You do know that the citizens of NK have no say in what their government is doing...dont you?

Much like those countries that the US has invaded under false pretenses...do you think the twin towers were a result of people who think like you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured