Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How much do you yell?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: How much do you yell at your kids (Husband, and pets don't count!)

Options:

Many Many times per day

A few times per day

A few times in a week

Very seldom

Never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

How much do you yell at your kids during the day?   Are you mindful of it?  Do you care?  Are you trying to yell less?  Do you have any tips for those of us that yell more than we'd like to. 

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Depends on if they ignore me the first couple of times. LOL Some days I yell quite a bit because of that.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I can't even remember the last time I yelled, at anyone.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Like your chocolate dutch bunny.

And i never yell.  It makes me horse.

paperorplastic
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
4 moms liked this

I have TWO three year olds, and a teenage girl.  I yell in my sleep lol.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I yell more than I'd like to, but my kids are extremely hard-headed and strong-willed and sometimes that's the only thing that gets their attention :(

paperorplastic
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Sounds like my gang:). It's ok, you're not alone:). 

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

I yell more than I'd like to, but my kids are extremely hard-headed and strong-willed and sometimes that's the only thing that gets their attention :(

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I have four kids....I yell A LOT hehehehe

Ive been parenting for over 20 years and STILL have young kids....Im over it.  They all know that if I have to actually move or ask them more than once to do something that there are consequences.

Im consistant in the consequences LOL.  However our house is large and loud, tv's, music, kids fighting.  If I didnt yell I would never be heard.

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I very very seldom yell. I'm a laid back and soft spoken person by nature. If my sons acting up I pitch my voice even lower so he has to stop whatever he's doing to hear me. It always seems to work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I liked the advice in a book I read a while ago, called Emotional Bullshit. The author suggests that the trick is to learn to control our emotions --to mean to control them and to practice controlling them so we get better at controlling them, mostly for our own peace of mind.

I found, generally, the acknowledging my frustration, impatience, hunger, anger or whatever, pretty much made it go away without needing to shout at anyone about anything. Took a while to learn... but it works.

I think it really helps to decide to learn something that works better, rather than trying to stop doing the only thing you can think of.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Wow...my kids woulnd't even notice I was speaking.  You have a very well-behaved and respectful son!  I'm jealous!

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I very very seldom yell. I'm a laid back and soft spoken person by nature. If my sons acting up I pitch my voice even lower so he has to stop whatever he's doing to hear me. It always seems to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)