Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Filled with impotent rage?

Post it here and spare the rest of the threads. 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Replies (151-153):
Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

You have never heard that term before?  It is actually pretty common. It is used pretty often in black comedies, as a joke to describe white people.  I have also seen it used as a way to describe a toddler's temper tantrums.

Quoting turtle68:

who has impotent rage?

what does that even mean...its an oxymoron.

BriarleeRose
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

What are you referring to exactly? That GMOs exist at all? That they are cross-contaminating other crops and spreading? That our pollinators are dying?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Crapola!

Quoting BriarleeRose:

Um, no. Ever heard of GMOs? We are contaminating nature with our tampering. All of the pollinators, the bees and butterflies are dying off. There is no putting this genie back in the bottle folks. The earth will NOT be the same when we are gone.

Quoting Clairwil:

Rant?  Rage?  You bitches don't know how its is done.

So pin your ears back, and listen to how a pro does it...

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Filled with impotent rage?

Post it here and spare the rest of the threads. 

We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this shit. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a shit about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”

Plastic… asshole.

George Carlin, of course.

BrookieCookie1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Quoting TranquilMind:

Why do women keep making the same mistake again?  Because they didn't learn from their mistakes!  That doesn't mean the mistakes are acceptable.  They are just slow learners, so they date and get involved with that bad boy over and over and over. 

They are doing exactly what they "really want".  When they actually change those "wants", they will change the decisions accordingly, when the price of this kind of relationship becomes too high to pay. 

They take A THOUSAND ACTIVE STEPS toward pursuing those bad boys.  At any point along the road, the woman can say to herself, "Hey, he acts just like X.....maybe I need to rethink this".    Someone doesn't bop them over the head, and they wake up suddenly in a relationship with another jerk exactly like the last. 

Or, as Forrest Gump rather elegantly put it....Stupid is as stupid does. 

Quoting BrookieCookie1:

I agree with most of what you've said, but still, I believe that again, these are reasons that we stay in committed relationships.  Even though the honorable person does indeed CHOOSE to walk away, they did not choose to become attracted to another person in the first place. Yet, we agree, becoming attracted to another person, other than who we're supposed to, by most people's accounts, happens every day. Life would be simpler for everybody, if once we decided to commit to something, we'd never be faced with interest, longing for, pining for, etc. any other person. But it does happen, and why? It defies logic and especially in cases where stable two parent homes with children have been established, it could be argued that it defies biology. Even with the arguments of sexual orientation off the table, what about for instance, women that love 'bad boys'? I've heard countless women say how they just want a 'good' man, but everytime they get one, are put to sleep by them. It causes them pain to choose to follow their desires and be in a relationship with a bad boy, and yet, just as painful to stay in a relationship with a man for whom they have no real passion for. Not all of them have had messed up homes or esteem issues. They want to fall in love with a good guy but always end up falling for the creeps. There isn't one answer. I guess I always believed that although most humans are much alike in some aspects, the reasons we are turned on by what turns us on are as varied, deep-rooted, multi-faceted and often mysterious as the individual that feels these emotions... Life would be so wonderfully uncomplicated if we could just turn on the passion and chemistry for the smart choice or the good choice in a partner, but it's certainly been my experience, however, that it does not work that way, and often to most peoples chagrin.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Lol.

Ok...Logical and biological failure....is that better?

They have everything to do with whom you choose -and it is a choice- to pursue in accordance with your feelings.    Love is a verb, an action.  You can have feelings toward someone and not follow through, as people who become attracted to someone other than his/her spouse find out every day. Honorable people walk away. They've already made a decision.

You act like we "fall in love" against our will.  NO, we don't.  We thought about it, considered it, did NOT reject it....continued to ponder it and build it up in our minds, and take active steps toward it. 

We DECIDE our possibilities and then we pursue them.  Some people are just not possibilities, unless you are a self-centered jerk who puts her/himself first, always.

Quoting BrookieCookie1:

Now, if anybody could explain to me what logic or biology have to do with whom we fall in love with, then that would be terrific.

I mean, logic can explain a billion lukewarm marriages and committed relationships and biology can explain why people reproduce when even their logic fails, but if one marries based on logic and/or biology, then most likely, I'd think they'd end up miserable as hell with a shitload of kids...

Also logic and biology fail what??? What do they fail? Does that mean that gay marriage is a logical and biological failURE??? That's my 'impotent' rage, right there. I hate the trendy creepy-speak sentences that say "____(fill In blank) FAIL" C;mon! As AMericans, can't we manage the due diligence of adding three fucking letters to make a real sentence>?! We can't, you see, and that is why we're a nation of huge, whiny fat asses.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Logic and biology fail.

Gay is not remotely like the innate, genetic trait of skin color.

You really, really bought the party line, didn't you?

Quoting lga1965:

Where is it written that a person has to live in the USA to support same sex marriage and use the symbol? People all over the world already support and accept gays, lesbians and equality.

It's here in the USA where there are prejudiced and backward people who don't think everyone deserves equality. It seems that gays are the new blacks....mixed marriages were illegal in too many of our states and people disapproved of blacks even sharing the same restrooms or drinking fountains . Maybe they still do? Face it---the USA is still filled with backward, undereducated bigots. 

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Um, they survive through memberships and donations. 

P.S. there is no country where 'wallah' is the correct spelling.

I've been nice and tried to engage you but you continue to be absolutely vile. I guess you're just fucking around! 

Quoting turtle68:

jumped on the sign?  LOL

I cant support HRC just by acknowledging them?  I find it pretty, like the reasoning behind the sign and wallah....uploaded.  What does living outside the country have to do with it?  Are you the type that needs to be in the face of every org to be able to shout....IM A SUPPORTER?!  

Good for you :-)

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

It is interesting that you've jumped on the HRC red equal sign while living outside of the country. Have you supported them for long?

Quoting turtle68:

or maybe not intellectual enough to know that there are two ways to spell it and where Im from...realise is correct :-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)