Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The injury in the Duke - Louisville game? We were all crying. Everybody at the game was crying. The players and the coaches were crying. I've never seen anything like that before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM
That's just mean.

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

Yea that was pretty horrifying. My husband called me I to the living room to "watch this guy make this crazy play." And then put it in slow motion.

Awful injury.  Just awful

kam013
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Quoting LindaClement:

We saw the luge guy get killed at the Vancouver Olympics. That's going to be to worst in my experience for a long time to come...

Quoting LauraKW:

Worst broken leg I have ever seen in basketball. Worst injury I have ever seen in any sport. The guy will be lucky if he walks again.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Was flipping channels and saw an amberlamps leavng.  What happened?

I remember that vividly, it was awful.  I remember DH immediately said something to the affect of "he is not walking away from that" that's how visibly bad it was.  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I didn't realize what was going on when it happened - fairly sure I was yelling at my children. I didn't see it happen, only the afterwards.

Quoting kam013:

Quoting LindaClement:

We saw the luge guy get killed at the Vancouver Olympics. That's going to be to worst in my experience for a long time to come...

Quoting LauraKW:

Worst broken leg I have ever seen in basketball. Worst injury I have ever seen in any sport. The guy will be lucky if he walks again.

Quoting momtimesx4:

I remember that vividly, it was awful.  I remember DH immediately said something to the affect of "he is not walking away from that" that's how visibly bad it was.  

kam013
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

I didn't realize what was going on when it happened - fairly sure I was yelling at my children. I didn't see it happen, only the afterwards.

Quoting kam013:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting momtimesx4:

I saw a couple of people post about the basketball incident on FB, but no one mentioned what happened or how bad it was.  After reading your post I was initially tempted to go to Youtube, but I am actually afraid to.  I think I will just pass!!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Seriously, you don't want to see it.

Quoting kam013:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting kam013:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting momtimesx4:

I saw a couple of people post about the basketball incident on FB, but no one mentioned what happened or how bad it was.  After reading your post I was initially tempted to go to Youtube, but I am actually afraid to.  I think I will just pass!!

nb34
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I remember that luge death. It was hear breaking :(

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting momtimesx4:

nb34
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM

This sounds horribe. I wouldn't want to see it. I hope he heals Ok.

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I saw it too. It was awful. I've never seen anything like that before.
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Saw it, holy crap, it looked so weird. It gave me the heebie jeebies.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM

OMG it was horrific. That poor kid.I can't even begin to imagine the pain he suffered.  I'm betting all of the players and fans must stil be in shock from it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN