Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
So I'm bored sitting in my doc's waiting room. There is a conversation going on: this woman hasn't seen her grandson since January, and some of the other patients are aghast. They're saying that grandparents should have the same rights as parents, and encouraging her to sue for her rights. This is Kentucky, I'm not even sure that's possible here.

Thoughts on the rights of parents versus grandparents?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Replies (371-371):
Awma
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM

seriously.  My Husband and I are raising our eight year old grandson.  HIS father is our oldest son.  Oldest son has a mild learning disability.  Don't misunderstand..he is a really good Father.  Yes he has problems with making friends, keeping a job, etc., but he trys.  When grandson was one month old, the Mother left(and has been out of our lives since) so son and Grandson moved in with us. Our son has moved out and back in several times but our Grandson stayed with us.  The best thing for grandson but our son has complete visitation. 

So you are saying that because our son..whom we raised and has problems..that we should not have our grandson.

Our youngest son is doing very well.  He is married, has 1 child and 1 on the way.

What young parents forget OR haven't figured out or plain just don't remember...parents can only go so far.  Children are influenced by peers.

We are great parents.  We provided our children with a stable home, taught them right from wrong.  Expected that they carry their weight in this world.

That's about all a parent can do.  If you figured out more....I'm all ears.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN