Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Quotes needed. I'd prefer a scripture post, but any encouragement quote is welcome. Thanks. *eta*

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 34 Replies

My BF of 20 years is batteling a TBI. She and I had a falling out last year. Her daughter is my God daughter, and regardless of the issues we went through, I love her more than words can describe. We are in contact now as of this incident, as I am sure many of you can understand with issues you might have dealt with in your lives, love knows no boundaries. 

I am scared. I am 2000 miles away and can do nothing to help her through what is going on with her condition. Her family tend to take Dr's at their word, and so far that has been detrimental for her. I believe she received poor care from day one, and has continued to received sub par care from then on. Speaking is an effort for her at this point. She has 4 kiddos. The youngest of which is my God Daugter. She is 4.

I need scripture to send to her. She asked me to send anything to empower her faith. I'd really appreciate it if you Christian moms could give me some passages about strength, courage, faith, hard times, etc to send to her. 

For those of you of any different faith or belief, I'd love poems, inspirational quotes about beating the odds, staying strong, etc. 

It doesn't have to be a Christian Scripture, I just know that helps her, and that is what she asked for. Any uplifting message would make me extremely grateful. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Sincerely, 

Destiny

*i knew you ladies would have amazing quotes. I am putting together a photo book of our lives for her. I am going to put these quotes on each page. Thank you so much. It really does mean the world to me!! Tears. !!* It's very hard to listen to your friend all of a sudden talk like someone  who was born with a disability. Her short term memory is not there right now, and her vision is shot. Light is her enemy. She is in terrible pain day in and out. she cannot walk on her own. You can tell its like running a marathon just for her to say a simple sentence. She can't get out words she needs to, or remember the names of things she should. It's awful. We have no idea what is still causing her to slip further away from us and she is scared. She signed a DNR a few weeks ago. She is terrified of being left a vegetable. It breaks my heart. Thanks again. I appreciate all of it!! *

Pic of her in the hospital visit #4 with two friends. I so wish I could be there. She is in for the 6th time now and being transferred to a major teaching hospital tomorrow. Hopefully then we will get some answers. 

Pic of us the last time she visited me. About 1.5 yrs ago. :-) tat shop. Lol 

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meriana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
Audrey Hepburn

2 Corinthians 4:16-18Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Love those! Thank you! ;-)  Meriana! 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry to hear this, Destiny. 

“But God is the God of the waves and the billows, and they are still His when they come over us; and again and again we have proved that the overwhelming thing does not overwhelm. Once more by His interposition deliverance came. We were cast down, but not destroyed.” Amy Wilson-Carmichael

Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

SaraCate
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This excerpt from The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom has always resonated for me:

"'Thank You,' Betsie went on serenely, 'for the fleas and for--'

"The fleas! This was too much. 'Betsie, there's no way even God can make me grateful for a flea.'

"'Give thanks in all circumstances,' she quoted. It doesn't say, 'in pleasant circumstances.' Fleas are part of this place where God has put us.

"And so we stood between tiers of bunks and gave thanks for fleas."

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

((Hugs)) and a bump.

~"Dream the dreams of others and you will be no one's rival." ~

rockie01
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
  1. Through God all things are possible.
  2. That which doesn't kill us will make us stronger.
  3. Be still and know that I am your God.
  4. To Guardian Angel: "Angel of God, my guardian dear, To whom his love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard to rule and guide. Amen.
  5. Prayer to St. Michael: St Michael defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do though, O prince of the heavenly host; by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
  6. Lord when I am confused, guide me. When I am weary, energize me. When I am burned out, infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way that I do it bring faith, joy and a smile to all that I come in contact with today. Oh lord, when I am in route, give me traveling mercy, bless my family and m home to be in order as I left it. I thank you for everything you've done, everything you are doing, and everything you will do. 

rockie01
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

TBI is so difficult. My son suffers from it. He's not doing so well. Often homeless.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I am so sorry. Her accident happened in the end of Feb. we thought she was getting better, then it all went downhill and we have no answers. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Prayers to you and your son. 

Quoting rockie01:

TBI is so difficult. My son suffers from it. He's not doing so well. Often homeless.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Thank you. Will be using these in the book. ;-) 

Quoting Raintree:

I'm sorry to hear this, Destiny. 

“But God is the God of the waves and the billows, and they are still His when they come over us; and again and again we have proved that the overwhelming thing does not overwhelm. Once more by His interposition deliverance came. We were cast down, but not destroyed.” Amy Wilson-Carmichael

Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

rockie01
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Thank you. My son has suffered from PTSD and TBI & spinal chord damage. He is an Iraqi Vet/Survivor. He copes some days, others he doesn't know where he is, he can't get a job, and he struggles to accept who he is now. I drove to Colorado in December when I got a call that he'd lost it. He woke up in his car with traffic coming towards him. He was lost for days. On my arrival he was subdued, and very confused. Government really short changed soldiers again. At present, I don't know where he is, if he's okay. I pray for his safety. I wish your friend the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)