Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If you are against abortion what are you doing to stop it?
Is it just an option or do you really apply yourself? Because to me it seems if you really believe its murder you would be active in your beliefs not just standing on the sidelines judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
Suzy_Sunshine
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM
3 moms liked this

I am not interested in stopping abortion, I am interested in promoting it.

A culture that stigmatizes abortion but does not stigmatize parenting without adequate resources does harm to women and children.

It is my hope that more women who find themselves with a poorly timed pregnancy will chose to terminate. 

amsp259
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

There are soooooo many ways to be active. funding an organzation, educate.....But why is it that if we or anyone speaks the truth, you are judging, bigot, racist...so on...isnt that just away to speak the facts in reverse?

amsp259
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

I am not interested in stopping abortion, I am interested in promoting it.

A culture that stigmatizes abortion but does not stigmatize parenting without adequate resources does harm to women and children.

It is my hope that more women who find themselves with a poorly timed pregnancy will chose to terminate. 

WOW Suzy_Sunshine promotes death? oxy moron?

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

The only way I stop an abortion is I don't have one. I could really care less if anyone else has one. I have no desire to stop anyone else from having one. Their body, their choice.

ambcortez
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

BUMP!

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I personally cannot stop an abortion.

If I could stand outside Planned Parenthood, I would:  being peaceful, saying rosaries and being in prayer.  I would be carrying a sign with the Divine Mercy Image-A Catholic image with Jesus on it.  

I am a stay-at-home Mom with a Special Needs child: She is a child with Down Syndrome.  Abortions are performed to kill these precious children, because they are perceived not to be perfect, nor what a Mother would be willing to take on in her life. The statistics of Abortion of Down Syndrome are staggering: in the high 90 %

I am not in any financial shape to take on raising someone else's child by adoption, either.  That is not my calling.

I am called to prayer and standing up for the rights of the unborn child.

I am also called to 100% dedicate myself to this precious gift to my husband and me, a child from God.

Veronica-Pro life Advocate

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Personally I think the best way to stop an abortion is to support comprehensive sex education and access to reliable birth control and reliable information on how to prevent pregnancy in the first place.  

Of course this isn't high on the list of many lifers so it's no wonder they are losing the abortion battle.  

illinoismommy83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM

There is nothing that you can do to stop an abortion. You can make a women feel like shit or scare her away from the abortion clinic, but if she is determined to get one she will get passed you and your aborted fetus signs.

And no, a medicaid application or a prayer will not magically make a woman change her mind and continue the pregnancy.

MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have the patience to find it now, but a while ago there was a poster who responded to a question of How do you stop abortions? who was pro-life.

She was a woman who stood outside clinics (that performed abortions) and said that what she does is speak to women about other options and listen to their concerns.  She essentially said that a lot of them were scared, many of them came from neglectful homes, and many of them simply did not know what resources were out there for taking care of children in limited circumstances.  She said that she counseled them, that she helped them out, and that she assisted these women during their pregnancies and after them.

Frankly, I was impressed. She came off completely sincere (I should also add that she was not for outlawing abortion, as she believed generally in limited government, period.), and she didn't sound like she was interested in shaming women at all.  

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm Anti-Abortion for myself.

For others I hope and pray they choose life but its not my choice.

However I despise those who stand outside of clinics screaming obscenities at women and holding up disgusting pictures where children can see them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)