Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If you are against abortion what are you doing to stop it?
Is it just an option or do you really apply yourself? Because to me it seems if you really believe its murder you would be active in your beliefs not just standing on the sidelines judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (111-120):
VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

You did write what I highlighted and enlarged, didn't you?

What I will add here, seeing the insensitivity of your remarks, as if it doesn't matter that an abortion is performed for this reason:  You imply that an abortion is all right because the embryo (it, according to you,)   feels NO PAIN.

This to me, does NOT justify Abortion.

We Christians, particularly Catholics believe life begins at conception.

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Where did I state where I believe life begins?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

No, I'm sorry, I thought I was pretty specific.

Criminalizing abortion only makes it very dangerous - it's going to happen anyway and it always has. It's logic, and it doen't come near making child abuse or sex trafficing or murder legal.

Do some research into what happens in countries where it's illegal, and then look at countries where it's legal but the rates are lower than ours.

An embryo under 12 weeks gestation (when most abortions occur) is not the same thing as an infant, toddler or child.  It cannot feel pain, so you kind of have to leave the whole abuse/sex/murder thing out.  It's a non-issue in this argument.

Criminalizing abortion doesn't stop it, never has.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Had to go back and rethink that one, didn't you?

I clearly did not state that's when I believe life begins as you stated.

Nor did I imply that an abortion is all right because the embryo feels no pain.  That was in response to an entirely different argument.  Of course, you left out what I was replying to.

So far, you have been rude, insulting, sanctimoneous, arrogant, prideful, and now you lie and backtrack.

You don't know me at all.

Blather away.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

What I will add here, seeing the insensitivity of your remarks, as if it doesn't matter that an abortion is performed for this reason:  You imply that an abortion is all right because the embryo (it, according to you,)   feels NO PAIN.

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Criminalizing abortion only makes it very dangerous - it's going to happen anyway and it always has. It's logic, and it doen't come near making child abuse or sex trafficing or murder legal.

Do some research into what happens in countries where it's illegal, and then look at countries where it's legal but the rates are lower than ours.

An embryo under 12 weeks gestation (when most abortions occur) is not the same thing as an infant, toddler or child.  It cannot feel pain, so you kind of have to leave the whole abuse/sex/murder thing out.  It's a non-issue in this argument.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

It doesn't matter what it justifies TO YOU.

YOU Christians, particularly Catholics, believe:

You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, and with your whole soul, and with your whole mind, and with your whole strength; you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Which is startlingly difficult to see in your writing.

You may like to read any history of the theory of 'life begins at conception.'

While Catholicism is some number of decades old, that 'doctrine' arrived in the 70s. The 1970s, that is.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I just wanted to share with all you ladies, which is next to my previous reply, to the right.

It is a video pick of "A Girl With Down Syndrome Teaches What Really Matters", presented by none other than Cafemom Studios-Presenter, Lindsay Ferrier!!!!!

That meant the world to me, being a Mom of a child with Down Syndrome!!!!

Thank you, CafeMom Studios!!!

Praise to you, God for my Graciela, that "grace from the sky"!!!!!

Veronica

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Quoting amsp259:

There are soooooo many ways to be active. funding an organzation, educate.....But why is it that if we or anyone speaks the truth, you are judging, bigot, racist...so on...isnt that just away to speak the facts in reverse?

How is it that you go about these things?  

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Down, Mama!!!!

Why did you write it then????

It is up to you if you wish to respond or not, but I DO NOT CARE what you write.

You are no longer a person I want to debate with...

You are now being ignored.

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Nor did I imply that an abortion is all right because the embryo feels no pain.  That was in response to an entirely different argument.  Of course, you left out what I was replying to.

So far, you have been rude, insulting, sanctimoneous, arrogant, prideful, and now you lie and backtrack.

Blather away.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM

You are NOBODY to be teaching about love thy neighbor as yourself, either,  Linda.

Your reputation precedes you...

You are also being ignored.

Veronica

Quoting LindaClement:

You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, and with your whole soul, and with your whole mind, and with your whole strength; you shall love your neighbor as yourself.

While Catholicism is some number of decades old, that 'doctrine' arrived in the 70s. The 1970s, that is.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

This is what being ignored looks like in your world? Wow.

It's not MY faith, and I make no claim to agree with it, much less hope to pretend that anyone thinks I actually behave it.

So, you don't know the history of that dogma, or you choose to ignore the facts because they're inconvenient to expedient, modern thought?

Relativism, anyone?

Quoting VeronicaTex:

You are NOBODY to be teaching about love thy neighbor as yourself, either,  Linda.

Your reputation precedes you...

You are also being ignored.

Veronica

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Education is key and it needs to begin at a young age, for both males and females.  Teaching nothing more than abstinence is irresponsible.  

When a woman, regardless of her age, makes the choice to abort she should not feel forced to share her reasons with others.  There should be, and there are, options open to every woman.  Help, if needed, support and otherwise are available but those who feel that help is enough, well, some times it simply is not.  

Also, those who feel every woman should never have the option to abort, unless you are putting your money where your mouth is, you really have no right to say any thing.  Saying you would help if you could is not enough as you state abortion should be outlawed for all. Praying is not enough.  Not every one believes the same so using only your power of Prayer means nothing to some.

Coming at any woman with force and a condesending attitude, to tell a woman they are to do as you feel they should, is counterproductive.  To say the least.

The reasons for abortion vary.  Circumstances vary.  Individual feelings vary.  We cannot, even if we would like to, put all women in to the same box and expect them to stay there.

There will never be a time when abortion is not considered an option, whether that option is legal or not.  No matter how much we may dislike this thought, it is truth.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Look, I was having an enjoyable, perfectly rational discussion with another member when you made the decision to jump in with the batshit crazy and insult me and state I said things I didn't, and then insult me for that, too.

You don't know how to debate.  So yes, please, do ignore me all you like.

I swear....  I think I could type the Gettysburg Address and you'd hop all over it and tell me I'm horrible and your relationship with God is better than mine neener neener.

Take your meds already.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Down, Mama!!!!

Why did you write it then????

It is up to you if you wish to respond or not, but I DO NOT CARE what you write.

You are no longer a person I want to debate with...

You are now being ignored.

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Blather away.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN