Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If you are against abortion what are you doing to stop it?
Is it just an option or do you really apply yourself? Because to me it seems if you really believe its murder you would be active in your beliefs not just standing on the sidelines judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
MissTacoBell
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I have never had an abortion. We are done having kids, but if I got pregnant again, abortion would not be an option. An I pro life? Nope. Know why? I associate pro life with the tacky crazies who picket PP flashing billboard size pics of dead fetus' at people.

They want one thing: a baby born that would have been aborted. Do they give two f*cks what the quality of life of the baby is after birth? Not one iota. THAT is the problem I have with their efforts.

The problem is: too many babies being aborted. Ok, but why do they need aborted? Because it is an unwanted pregnancy. Why is there an unwanted pregnancy? Because rape, sex, health, etc.

Why don't these groups do something constructive? Like educating young women of the dangers of abortion, flaunt the stories of women who DEEPLY regret having done it and use that as an incentive TO HAVE SAFE OR NO SEX? Rather than attacking emotionally fragile women they could EDUCATE them when they are most at risk! Hand out condoms at clubs, hand out the rufee straws at clubs, etc?

Sorry for the rant but its ridiculous the ignorance these crazies resort to.

They're pro birth, not pro life.
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
And I am genuinely shocked.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

I am not interested in stopping abortion, I am interested in promoting it.

A culture that stigmatizes abortion but does not stigmatize parenting without adequate resources does harm to women and children.

It is my hope that more women who find themselves with a poorly timed pregnancy will chose to terminate. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, standing on the side walk with signs. Yelling about God and hell is the way to go!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I adopted a  baby and saved her from abortion but I'm still 100% pro choice. Just because I adopted one doesn't mean I'm going to adopt them all.

Quoting EireLass:

Good question. I always wonder - to those who are against abortion - how many of these women they've actually taken into their home to provide the correct living situations (roof over their head, food, medical care) at their own expense, and then adopted the baby when it was born.

Of course in CafeMom...when this question is asked...everyone claims to be a foster parent and adoptive parent. If that were true....how is it there are still so many unwanted children out there?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM

There is a good reason why the vast majority of mothers choose to abort once they find out there are birth defects.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That's the spirit!

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Nope, standing on the side walk with signs. Yelling about God and hell is the way to go!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

micheledo
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I think I might be able to stop an abortion by reaching out. We had a teen we knew that kept her baby. I don't thin kshe was considering abortion ,but we reached out to her, helped her prepare, passed o nthings neede dfor the baby, and even offered child care when the baby came.

I think the only way I can prevent an abortion is being there for support and actual aid when the mom needs it. Not every woman will then decide against abortion, but some would.
micheledo
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this
But that isn't true. In my own area I know of an organizatio nthat helps moms with childcare, supplies for baby, finding a job, claasses ,etc. . . .

I think ALL pro-life people should respond that way. It is about helping the mom make a better decision, and helping her afterwards - whatever the decision is.

Granted some are like what you describe, but certainly not all ( and I imagine not the majority). They just happen to be more vocal and make the news.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I have never had an abortion. We are done having kids, but if I got pregnant again, abortion would not be an option. An I pro life? Nope. Know why? I associate pro life with the tacky crazies who picket PP flashing billboard size pics of dead fetus' at people.

They want one thing: a baby born that would have been aborted. Do they give two f*cks what the quality of life of the baby is after birth? Not one iota. THAT is the problem I have with their efforts.

The problem is: too many babies being aborted. Ok, but why do they need aborted? Because it is an unwanted pregnancy. Why is there an unwanted pregnancy? Because rape, sex, health, etc.

Why don't these groups do something constructive? Like educating young women of the dangers of abortion, flaunt the stories of women who DEEPLY regret having done it and use that as an incentive TO HAVE SAFE OR NO SEX? Rather than attacking emotionally fragile women they could EDUCATE them when they are most at risk! Hand out condoms at clubs, hand out the rufee straws at clubs, etc?

Sorry for the rant but its ridiculous the ignorance these crazies resort to.

They're pro birth, not pro life.

MBRsmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pro-life. If I was in a position to take in a mom who didn't have the finances I would... whether the kids she has are born or still in her belly. As it is though.... I have 4 children and can't afford to bring in someone else. If someone came to me though I would try my hardest to point them to a church or ask my dad what to do because he is a retired pastor. However, where I live is very small and the nearest abortion clinic is hours away... none of the doctors around here would perform one even if we had an abortion clinic nearby... they wouldn't even give me an IUD stating it was an early form of abortion...

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I beg to differ first, on the part about "losing the abortion battle". 

I prefer to look at the women who decided to keep their child and had a change of heart.  

I do believe, minus the offering of birth control, that both boys and girls, as soon as possible, should be given comprehensive sex education.

In addition to that, I feel that a course should be given on how males see things about sex and love very differently from females.

Also, there is very little understanding of responsibility, on both the part of the Mother and the Father.  Also consequences of killing a viable child at any stage of pregnancy sorely need to be addressed, and aren't , especially by establishments such as Planned Parenthood.

This may be a choice of each person:  to allow life or not....However, I really believe the thought of letting a child live should come before thoughts of inconvenience or deciding, even in severe cases of a child being carried, of 
"what is best for the child".

In the last case, I believe, humbly,  that to abort the Mother is "playing God."

Veronica-Pro-life Advocate

Personally I think the best way to stop an abortion is to support comprehensive sex education and access to reliable birth control and reliable information on how to prevent pregnancy in the first place.  

Of course this isn't high on the list of many lifers so it's no wonder they are losing the abortion battle.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN