Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If you are against abortion what are you doing to stop it?
Is it just an option or do you really apply yourself? Because to me it seems if you really believe its murder you would be active in your beliefs not just standing on the sidelines judging.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
This

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

I don't try to stop it. It's none of my business. And if a friend makes it my business, I will support her in whatever decision she makes. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
No one has any right to stop another person from doing what they want with their body.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
micheledo
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I don't know. I mean - sure I am not 'doing anything' now. But I am raising our five children and prefnant with another. My heart has always been drawn to pro life orgnaizations that hel pthe mo jthrough her decisio n(no matter what it is). I keep tabs on them and hope as my children are older I will be able to be involved. That is my plan, my goal.

As it is now, I am aware of them and can pass on info . Also, in the right circumstance I would open my home. I would have to know the individual and know it would work in our home. But right jow ,I would most likely just pass on things that are needed or buy things I could afford for the pregnant mom. I am working on planning a baby shower for our church that would actually be for an organizatio nthat gives things to needy moms. Our presents would be donated.

I would imagine those wh oare doing nothing ,are doing small things and looking forward t othe day they can do more. I can't dedicate my life to it, but if/when we have a pregnant teen i nour church ,I am ready and wanting t ohelp. But I am ready because I have stayed informed even though today I am doing 'nothing.'

Hope that makes sense ,and excuse the spacing. I am on m yNook!

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

You have a unique mode of expression that I enjoy.

Saying you would help if you could but you can't means that your help is both imaginary and unavailable.

I am not sure why some people feel good about all the things they would do if they could. If you aren't doing anything you aren't doing anything - plain and simple. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I beg to differ with these derrogtory comments you are making about "imaginary and unavailable help."

May this type of debate, Susy_Sunshine end right now: With YOU, please.

There are many of us that do believe in the power of prayer, and live all day, knowing there is a God.

Veronica-Roman Catholic/Christian

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

It is nice to say that you would help if you could.

However your imaginary and unavailable help is not going to do any woman any good. 

Quoting MBRsmommy:

I am pro-life. If I was in a position to take in a mom who didn't have the finances I would... whether the kids she has are born or still in her belly. As it is though.... I have 4 children and can't afford to bring in someone else. If someone came to me though I would try my hardest to point them to a church or ask my dad what to do because he is a retired pastor. However, where I live is very small and the nearest abortion clinic is hours away... none of the doctors around here would perform one even if we had an abortion clinic nearby... they wouldn't even give me an IUD stating it was an early form of abortion...

VeronicaTex
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so sorry you are missing my main point:  I can pray.

I am a witness to the fact that prayer does move mountains.

Where two or three are gathered in His name, there He is in their midst.

Imagine when God hears millions of voices praying at the same time!!!!

Veronica

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

You have a unique mode of expression that I enjoy.

Saying you would help if you could but you can't means that your help is both imaginary and unavailable.

I am not sure why some people feel good about all the things they would do if they could. If you aren't doing anything you aren't doing anything - plain and simple. 

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I beg to differ with these derrogtory comments you are making about "imaginary and unavailable help."

May this type of debate, Susy_Sunshine end right now: With YOU, please.

There are many of us that do believe in the power of prayer, and live all day, knowing there is a God.

Veronica-Roman Catholic/Christian

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

It is nice to say that you would help if you could.

However your imaginary and unavailable help is not going to do any woman any good. 

Quoting MBRsmommy:

I am pro-life. If I was in a position to take in a mom who didn't have the finances I would... whether the kids she has are born or still in her belly. As it is though.... I have 4 children and can't afford to bring in someone else. If someone came to me though I would try my hardest to point them to a church or ask my dad what to do because he is a retired pastor. However, where I live is very small and the nearest abortion clinic is hours away... none of the doctors around here would perform one even if we had an abortion clinic nearby... they wouldn't even give me an IUD stating it was an early form of abortion...

Suzy_Sunshine
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Well I don't agree with anything you have said but I want to temper my response because you have created a respectful dialog.

I am pro choice and pro abortion however I formed my family through adoption because I wanted to be sure to create a family for a child whose birth mother was not in a position to raise a child. 

I stopped at one so that I could afford to do volunteer work and make contributions to organizations like Planned Parenthood. 

I am often bothered by efforts to give small gifts to mothers without resources because I think they make us feel good but have little impact on the child's quality of life.

That said I do respect what you're doing and I think that most of us have to set some of our goals and plans aside while we're raising our children. 

Quoting micheledo:

I don't know. I mean - sure I am not 'doing anything' now. But I am raising our five children and prefnant with another. My heart has always been drawn to pro life orgnaizations that hel pthe mo jthrough her decisio n(no matter what it is). I keep tabs on them and hope as my children are older I will be able to be involved. That is my plan, my goal.

As it is now, I am aware of them and can pass on info . Also, in the right circumstance I would open my home. I would have to know the individual and know it would work in our home. But right jow ,I would most likely just pass on things that are needed or buy things I could afford for the pregnant mom. I am working on planning a baby shower for our church that would actually be for an organizatio nthat gives things to needy moms. Our presents would be donated.

I would imagine those wh oare doing nothing ,are doing small things and looking forward t othe day they can do more. I can't dedicate my life to it, but if/when we have a pregnant teen i nour church ,I am ready and wanting t ohelp. But I am ready because I have stayed informed even though today I am doing 'nothing.'

Hope that makes sense ,and excuse the spacing. I am on m yNook!

Suzy_Sunshine
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM

So now that your prayers have ended abortion, what will you do next?

Quoting VeronicaTex:

I am so sorry you are missing my main point:  I can pray.

I am a witness to the fact that prayer does move mountains.

Where two or three are gathered in His name, there He is in their midst.

Imagine when God hears millions of voices praying at the same time!!!!

Veronica

romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I tried stopping one once, offered to raise the child as my own.

Can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

I'm pro choice too-----but I knew the person's beleif system would leave her with decades of guilt, so I thought I'd help her out.

Didn't work.

Sad to say, she lied to me when telling me it was a product of rape. Decades later, the father is still greiving

DragonMother10
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I agree with your statement, but the last part. I am an Atheist. It was my husband and I alone who created my son and the one I am carrying. It was HIS sperm and MY egg. WE created life. No god/goddess, no prayer. That is why we could never terminate, even though our 2nd one came too soon. It is the life WE created and OUR responsibility.

Quoting ChillyCanuck:I'm sorry, but I don't believe God had anything to do with creating the life of a child. It was two people using their free will to have sex and not use protection. Once sperm meets the egg, science takes over.  God is just a bystander.  
romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

seriously though, if these people stopped harassing, and slipped them a note saying "I will assume full responsibility for raising your child in a great home", that might really change their minds. Just standing there with signs and screaming hate messages isn't a solution to the problem they are trying to address.

Quoting Denisethedaring:

Good lord, don't encourage them. :)  There are enough of them that harrass people going into Planned Parenthood as it is, and most of them are not bright enough to realize that the Planned Parenthood they are picketing does not actually perform abortions (most of them don't) and therefore yelling "You're taking a life!  Don't kill your baby!"  makes them look pretty ridiculous to those of us who happen to be going in there for a pap smear and birth control prescription (yep, me, some  years ago)...actively AVOIDING teh possibility of a future abortion, as it happened.  You'd think they'd be cheering us on. :)  

romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I have to ask, as a Christian that is pro-choice. Why, if you are atheist, do you reference God as a bystander? That's admitting he does exist.

Quoting DragonMother10:

I agree with your statement, but the last part. I am an Atheist. It was my husband and I alone who created my son and the one I am carrying. It was HIS sperm and MY egg. WE created life. No god/goddess, no prayer. That is why we could never terminate, even though our 2nd one came too soon. It is the life WE created and OUR responsibility.

Quoting ChillyCanuck:I'm sorry, but I don't believe God had anything to do with creating the life of a child. It was two people using their free will to have sex and not use protection. Once sperm meets the egg, science takes over.  God is just a bystander.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)