Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man sexually assaulted & killed 6mo old may walk free

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM
  • 29 Replies

This story makes me so incredibly amgry, i want to vomit!!!! There is so much wrong with this story! Why was he never charged with rape? Child abuse? molestation?! I do not understand and it drives me wild that he may walk free...his lawyer needs to be ashamed to call themselves a human being

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeydavis05
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM

idk why the link wouldnt post correctly in the original post

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Can't even read it.

lancet98
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

The defense lawyer's job is to make the prosecution team do THEIR job, nothing more.    If they are that easily thrown off their game the prosecution needs to go back to school.   A murder trial is no place to get self-assured, one has to be very diligent and do a good job.   There is no such thing as a slam dunk murder case.   The prosecution is held to a very high standard in murder cases and they need to tow the line or they''re going to mess it up.

There should have been multiple charges made, a lot is wrong with that case.

But I doubt this guy will go free.    That is media hystrionics - translated to come to our website over and over, be enraged, and be sure to read our ads.

Let's see what happens.    I think Mr Poor Pity Me is sinking his own boat.   I'm sure most judges would find a creative way to straighten up this mess and charge him with a mountain of charges that will keep him in jail til he is dead.   I am no fan of jailhouse justice, but a lot of people in jail have children, and he is not likely to survive long.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Your title is inaccurate. The article you linked to says he is condemned.

This case is fucked up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifftorres
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

That is sooo sad. :(

Cubanmom84
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
The prosecutor there is a freaking idiot for not adding the rape charge! Wtf is wrong with people!? The reason he killed it was because he raped her! He wouldn't even have a chance of going free if they had added the sexual assault!!! And this was in 98?! Are u serious? How hard is it? He should've been on death row a long ads time ago!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lancet98
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM

the fact is that the law entitles death row inmates to appeals.   That's fine with me.   Murder prosecution has to be done properly by the letter - the prosecution needs to not mess up.   And appeals are fine with me.   Killing a criminal for killing is not something I want taken lightly or done in the heat of the moment. 

For me, killing someone for a crime, is something I am not generally comfortable with.   But in this case, this individual was not mentally ill, he was drunk and pissed off.   Was he 'mentally normal'?   Probably not, but he was aware enough, and old enough to know how he'd get when he was drunk, and he was old enough to know that his out of control temper with women was in need of some very serious therapy and supervision.  he could have gone to AA, or detox, or counseling, or a psychiatrist for medication to keep his anger in control -   he didn't want that.   he wanted to go out and get drunk every day and get laid.   And he didn't care who he hurt if he was thwarted.

There may have been some reason they did not lay the other charges- the prosecution may have had some unsurmountable problems.   I'd have to actually read the court records before I got really seriously angry at anyone.  

Right now I'm annoyed, but everything read about this case has been just inflammatory so far - no real facts.

enlightened_24
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

He wont walk for long...

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carpy:

Can't even read it.

I so shouldnt have:(

To the OP this guy should be buried under the jail :(

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN