Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

11 year old boy spends Easter shouting at pro-gay churchgoers

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 51 Replies

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/11-year-old-boy-spends-easter-sunday-shouting-pro-gay-churchgoers-north-carolina010413

An 11-year-old boy spends Easter Sunday shouting at pro-gay churchgoers in North Carolina

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!'

An 11-year-old boy stood in front of North Carolina's Green Street United Methodist Church on Easter Sunday giving the congregation a piece of his mind as they exited the church.

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!' the boy can be seen shouting at one point on video posted on the Good As Youwebsite.

The church recently announced that it would stop performing all weddings until it becomes legal for same-sex couples to get married in the US.

This is what spurred the protest by the unidentified boy who stood at the steps of the church with a placard which read: 'Jesus Must Be Your Lord Or He Will Not Be Your Savior.'

He also shouted of gay people: 'They're worthy of death, and you people approve of them! That's why you're going to Hell without Jesus Christ. You can turn from your sin!"

He added: "It's time to stop sinning and follow the lord Jesus Christ!"

The church's 18-member leadership council last month had asked the pastor to perform 'relationship blessings' instead of weddings.

The United Methodist Church prohibits its pastors from conducting same sex weddings. The church also bans gay and lesbian people from serving as clergy.

Last May, voters in North Carolina passed a constitutional ban in gay marriages in the state.

Below is video of the boy's demonstration:

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this
WWJD,

Hmmm if I recalled correctly, didn't Jesus hangout with the tax collectors, prostitutes, zealots, etc.

Seems to me, Jesus would be the first one in that church.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixie92
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM
thats sad. on a holiday that christians are supposed to hold holy and be in thought about the sacrifice jesus made this boy is going to go out and spue hate at ones that dont believe just like him. Is this really what any child needs to be learning? And why didnt his parents make him stay home and celebrate the way he should be celebrating? Oh wait they probably agree with him smh. Sad just sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockie01
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Not cool. I'm not for same-sex relationships, but I accept my brothers and sisters choice, even though I don't agree with it. I would not allow my child to shout at anyone, that is rude, disrespectful. I would allow him or her to talk to me about it and I would tell him we are called to love each other, not the sin. 

IandLoveandYou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Poor kid.
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow that is a product of some shitty parenting.
lga1965
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Creepy little brainwashed kid. Ugh. Can you imagine what his parents are like?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM

wowser....the parents must be proud!

1Giovanni
by Becca on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quoting lga1965:

Creepy little brainwashed kid. Ugh. Can you imagine what his parents are like?

It really means nothing about the parents. lol. I know a a boy (and few other in my life time) like this and his parents was so not Christian. They allowed their child to go to the church of their choice. I will tell you I really hated going over to their house because their child would breach until the cows came home. Everyone was going to hell. The parents just didn't know what to do. Finally they told him that if he wanted to keep going to that church, he would have to keep religion out of their house. About 2 years ago when the boy hit 15 he moved in with the pastor of the church. He couldn't live with evil people anymore in his mind. They learned something, they will only allow their child to choose the church after they reach 18.
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
13 moms liked this

Imacakebaker's son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)