Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

11 year old boy spends Easter shouting at pro-gay churchgoers

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/11-year-old-boy-spends-easter-sunday-shouting-pro-gay-churchgoers-north-carolina010413

An 11-year-old boy spends Easter Sunday shouting at pro-gay churchgoers in North Carolina

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!'

An 11-year-old boy stood in front of North Carolina's Green Street United Methodist Church on Easter Sunday giving the congregation a piece of his mind as they exited the church.

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!' the boy can be seen shouting at one point on video posted on the Good As Youwebsite.

The church recently announced that it would stop performing all weddings until it becomes legal for same-sex couples to get married in the US.

This is what spurred the protest by the unidentified boy who stood at the steps of the church with a placard which read: 'Jesus Must Be Your Lord Or He Will Not Be Your Savior.'

He also shouted of gay people: 'They're worthy of death, and you people approve of them! That's why you're going to Hell without Jesus Christ. You can turn from your sin!"

He added: "It's time to stop sinning and follow the lord Jesus Christ!"

The church's 18-member leadership council last month had asked the pastor to perform 'relationship blessings' instead of weddings.

The United Methodist Church prohibits its pastors from conducting same sex weddings. The church also bans gay and lesbian people from serving as clergy.

Last May, voters in North Carolina passed a constitutional ban in gay marriages in the state.

Below is video of the boy's demonstration:

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
lucky2785
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
It makes me happy there is a pro gay church.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM
That's so sad, that someone so young already feels that way.

~"Dream the dreams of others and you will be no one's rival." ~

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Spending Easter disrespecting others isn't what the holiday is about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM

That church is in Winston-Salem. I lived in a suburb of it for awhile and will be moving back there this summer.

I was really happy when I read about the church that wouldn't marry hetero couples. But then this happens, and I'm reminded that I live in the Bible Belt.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure that was purely his own opinion. Since eleven year olds don't tend to parrot the opinions of those around them or anything.
Aslen
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Regardless, it's still disgusting

Quoting smurfbitebug:

I'm sure that was purely his own opinion. Since eleven year olds don't tend to parrot the opinions of those around them or anything.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I believe I detected a slight note of sarcasm in Smurf's tone.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I agree. I lived near there for ten years or so. I lived in SC growing up and never, ever saw such blatant racism and homophobic, redneck behavior as when I moved there. Willful ignorance is quite shocking when you aren't used to being around it. Culture shock in the worst way.
It's also weird that people say the further south you go, the worse it gets. Apparently, that isn't exactly the case.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
;) nooo... me?

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I believe I detected a slight note of sarcasm in Smurf's tone.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

AuntieL333
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I don't recall Jesus saying all these things this boy was spouting. I do remember Jesus railing against the money changers and lowering the boom on rich folk who do not help the poor and preaching against judging others. He hung out with "sinners" and when called on it reminding folks that the healthy man has no need of a doctor. I suggest this boy be taught to worry about his own sins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN