Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

11 year old boy spends Easter shouting at pro-gay churchgoers

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/11-year-old-boy-spends-easter-sunday-shouting-pro-gay-churchgoers-north-carolina010413

An 11-year-old boy spends Easter Sunday shouting at pro-gay churchgoers in North Carolina

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!'

An 11-year-old boy stood in front of North Carolina's Green Street United Methodist Church on Easter Sunday giving the congregation a piece of his mind as they exited the church.

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!' the boy can be seen shouting at one point on video posted on the Good As Youwebsite.

The church recently announced that it would stop performing all weddings until it becomes legal for same-sex couples to get married in the US.

This is what spurred the protest by the unidentified boy who stood at the steps of the church with a placard which read: 'Jesus Must Be Your Lord Or He Will Not Be Your Savior.'

He also shouted of gay people: 'They're worthy of death, and you people approve of them! That's why you're going to Hell without Jesus Christ. You can turn from your sin!"

He added: "It's time to stop sinning and follow the lord Jesus Christ!"

The church's 18-member leadership council last month had asked the pastor to perform 'relationship blessings' instead of weddings.

The United Methodist Church prohibits its pastors from conducting same sex weddings. The church also bans gay and lesbian people from serving as clergy.

Last May, voters in North Carolina passed a constitutional ban in gay marriages in the state.

Below is video of the boy's demonstration:

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Proud member of the United Methodist Church. (not that specific church)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rliperote2
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Um.. no 11 year old thinks like that without someone telling him too.  OH and btw im pretty sure someone took him there and gave the little bastard permission to do that.  IF my 11 year old wanted to go and do something like that im pretty sure i have the ability to stop him

Quoting 1Giovanni:

Quoting lga1965:

Creepy little brainwashed kid. Ugh. Can you imagine what his parents are like?

It really means nothing about the parents. lol. I know a a boy (and few other in my life time) like this and his parents was so not Christian. They allowed their child to go to the church of their choice. I will tell you I really hated going over to their house because their child would breach until the cows came home. Everyone was going to hell. The parents just didn't know what to do. Finally they told him that if he wanted to keep going to that church, he would have to keep religion out of their house. About 2 years ago when the boy hit 15 he moved in with the pastor of the church. He couldn't live with evil people anymore in his mind. They learned something, they will only allow their child to choose the church after they reach 18.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Classy. 

But not really. 

Tarot
by Tea on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I feel sorry for that poor kid. Thinking there's demons around every corner is never easy.

Do you bury me when I'm gone? 
Do you teach me while I'm here? 
Just as soon as I belong 
Then it's time I disappear

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Where are this kid's parents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I disagree with the message he has taken in the name of Jesus Christ, however, I must support his right to express his opinion as guaranteed to all of us. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

He's 11 years old...he really doesn't fully understand the content of what he's saying. They're not his opinions yet.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I disagree with the message he has taken in the name of Jesus Christ, however, I must support his right to express his opinion as guaranteed to all of us. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I have no idea, really.  Just as I have no idea if children as young as six can feel the opposite gender than what they were born with. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

He's 11 years old...he really doesn't fully understand the content of what he's saying. They're not his opinions yet.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

1Giovanni
by Becca on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I didn't say no one taught him that carp. I know he learned it from the church. I said that the parents did not Teach him that stuff. ( I wasn't talking about this kid was talking about another kid I know)Your right someone might have taken the boy there, the church.

Quoting rliperote2:Um.. no 11 year old thinks like that without someone telling him too.  OH and btw im pretty sure someone took him there and gave the little bastard permission to do that.  IF my 11 year old wanted to go and do something like that im pretty sure i have the ability to stop himQuoting 1Giovanni:Quoting lga1965: Creepy little brainwashed kid. Ugh. Can you imagine what his parents are like?

It really means nothing about the parents. lol. I know a a boy (and few other in my life time) like this and his parents was so not Christian. They allowed their child to go to the church of their choice. I will tell you I really hated going over to their house because their child would breach until the cows came home. Everyone was going to hell. The parents just didn't know what to do. Finally they told him that if he wanted to keep going to that church, he would have to keep religion out of their house.

About 2 years ago when the boy hit 15 he moved in with the pastor of the church. He couldn't live with evil people anymore in his mind. They learned something, they will only allow their child to choose the church after they reach 18.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM

What in the world does that have to do with this??

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I have no idea, really.  Just as I have no idea if children as young as six can feel the opposite gender than what they were born with. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)