Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

11 year old boy spends Easter shouting at pro-gay churchgoers

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/11-year-old-boy-spends-easter-sunday-shouting-pro-gay-churchgoers-north-carolina010413

An 11-year-old boy spends Easter Sunday shouting at pro-gay churchgoers in North Carolina

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!'

An 11-year-old boy stood in front of North Carolina's Green Street United Methodist Church on Easter Sunday giving the congregation a piece of his mind as they exited the church.

'The Bible talks about the homosexuals - they're worthy of death!' the boy can be seen shouting at one point on video posted on the Good As Youwebsite.

The church recently announced that it would stop performing all weddings until it becomes legal for same-sex couples to get married in the US.

This is what spurred the protest by the unidentified boy who stood at the steps of the church with a placard which read: 'Jesus Must Be Your Lord Or He Will Not Be Your Savior.'

He also shouted of gay people: 'They're worthy of death, and you people approve of them! That's why you're going to Hell without Jesus Christ. You can turn from your sin!"

He added: "It's time to stop sinning and follow the lord Jesus Christ!"

The church's 18-member leadership council last month had asked the pastor to perform 'relationship blessings' instead of weddings.

The United Methodist Church prohibits its pastors from conducting same sex weddings. The church also bans gay and lesbian people from serving as clergy.

Last May, voters in North Carolina passed a constitutional ban in gay marriages in the state.

Below is video of the boy's demonstration:

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (41-50):
1Giovanni
by Becca on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't need to be rude. I have never been rude to anyone (or at least never met it to come out rude) so there is no reason to say I am crazy for having different experience then you. I will not reply again to you relating to this post. Have a nice night. :)

Quoting rliperote2:The parents had to be involved your crazy to think otherwise.  Quoting 1Giovanni:I didn't say no one taught him that carp. I know he learned it from the church. I said that the parents did not Teach him that stuff. ( I wasn't talking about this kid was talking about another kid I know)Your right someone might have taken the boy there, the church.

Quoting rliperote2:Um.. no 11 year old thinks like that without someone telling him too.  OH and btw im pretty sure someone took him there and gave the little bastard permission to do that.  IF my 11 year old wanted to go and do something like that im pretty sure i have the ability to stop himQuoting 1Giovanni:Quoting lga1965: Creepy little brainwashed kid. Ugh. Can you imagine what his parents are like?

It really means nothing about the parents. lol. I know a a boy (and few other in my life time) like this and his parents was so not Christian. They allowed their child to go to the church of their choice. I will tell you I really hated going over to their house because their child would breach until the cows came home. Everyone was going to hell. The parents just didn't know what to do. Finally they told him that if he wanted to keep going to that church, he would have to keep religion out of their house.

About 2 years ago when the boy hit 15 he moved in with the pastor of the church. He couldn't live with evil people anymore in his mind. They learned something, they will only allow their child to choose the church after they reach 18.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaggieO
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM

It's so Christ like to shout insults at people and tell them they're going to Hell.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I actually watched the whole thing. It was hilarious and sad at the same time.

foxfroggy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM

You've got to be carefully taught to hate like that. This is sad.

motherslove82
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Funny, I don't remember a single instance in the Bible where Jesus stood on street corners and condemned people for their sins. If this boy wants to "follow Jesus" he should be dining with them, healing them, befriending them and showing them love - kind of like what the church is doing. Poor kid. I wonder where his parents are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM

That's just sad. I can only imagine what his parents must be like. Smh. Clearly they missed the "WWJD" part of being a Christian. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I love the Methodist denomination.  The main methodist council may still say as a whole they do not agree with same sex marriages, but so many of us in the individual churches are standing up and standing with the marriage equality side. And I think that is really cool. 

Also, I would have had quite a good time fucking with these protestors if this had happened to our church.

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting Euphoric:

Imacakebaker's son?

LOL

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Am I the only one that heard someone say, "Oh, your momma didn't hug you enough did she?"

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to live in this state. *sigh* There were plenty of examples of this kind of indoctrination in the college I went to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN