Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Student: Protect Whites from Blacks.

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't normally do these type of posts but I just want to hear (well read) your thoughts on it.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Replies (351-360):
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM
See, you can't respect my pov/observation of environment...my simply answering your question. Nope, no respect or thanks for sharing....talk about BAITING.

If one of our black members shared what she thought black culture is to HER...man u and your lib buds would be all over it with fawning and respect.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I think you list is just a list of things you see white people do because you live in a white area.  In a mixed area you see all colors of people doing these everyday things.  You need to get out more.

lol about black people with bikes again.  Do you really never see a black family riding bikes?  Or black people commuting on bikes?  I see it every day, all summer long.  Guess how many white kids are in my pre-schooler's swimming lessons?  (one, my daughter.  All the other kids are black or Asian)

And FTR, people in IT are always Asian and Indian.  Get your stereotypes right, please.

Quoting Radarma:

I am going to do this, JUST for you RT. You are, of course, free to waste your time debunking the list, and offering us examples of nonwhite folk who enegage in or are a part of the culture characteristics below. Have at it.

:)

*Bike riding (yep, I said it)
*Extreme Sports and dumbass shit like base jumping
*Attachment Parenting, to a large extent is primarily embraced within white families
*Therapy as a tool; not too many minorities seek therapy when in need
*Inventors/pioneers/scientists
*IT industry (predominately white)
*medicine
*freckles
*roller skating
*volunteer/humanitarian efforts
*Truckers
*Country  and Rock Music
*Surf and water sport/play
*Love of pets
*skateboarding

AND A WHOLE LOTS MORE.

I remain, quite proud of being white in America.

Hope that helps YOU understand what WHITE CULTURE means to ME.

bow down

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Right?  All the black kids I know have bikes.  ALL the kids I know have bikes.  It's just weird to insist black people don't ride bikes.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Every black kid I knew growing up had a bike and 2 skateboards. Also we (since there are zero high waves in Florida) did lots of boogie boarding on the weekends. 

Bitches be crazy. Lmaoo

Quoting krysstizzle:

Pshaw! This is obviously some kind of politically correct media set-up. Black people don't ride bikes. 

Obviously.

Quoting katy_kay08:

should probably tell this group that bicycles are "white"

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM

ah, and here comes the victim schtick.  Next it will follow up with crazy train to attempt to get this post locked or deleted.  

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

How is that culture?? 

Quoting Radarma:

ahhh...but if I said meth is part of white culture, no one would have a problem with that...or serial killers (statsitically untrue) and child molestors (also stat'ly untrue).

its always a pleasure to answer race/culture questions while white; knowing full well you will be called a host of endearing terms.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM

You have to earn respect for your point of view.

OMG I am sitting on my porch and saw a black guy ride by on his bike just now.  For real.  Should I get his pic for you?

Quoting Radarma:

See, you can't respect my pov/observation of environment...my simply answering your question. Nope, no respect or thanks for sharing....talk about BAITING.

If one of our black members shared what she thought black culture is to HER...man u and your lib buds would be all over it with fawning and respect.

swarM
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Quoting Citygirlk:

How is that culture?? 

Quoting Radarma:

ahhh...but if I said meth is part of white culture, no one would have a problem with that...or serial killers (statsitically untrue) and child molestors (also stat'ly untrue).
Serial Killer Statistics

The serial killer statistics

The USA has 76% of the worlds serial killers.

Europe in second, has 17%. England has produced 28% of the European total; Germany produces 27%, and France produces 13%.

California leads in the US with the most Serial Homicide cases that have occurred. Texas, New York, Illinois, and Florida follow shortly behind.

Maine has the lowest occurrence of serial murders - none. Hawaii, Montana, North Dakota, Delaware, and Vermont each have had only one case of a serial murder.

84% of American killers are Caucasian.

16% are black.

Men make up at least 90% of the world wide total of serial killers.

65% of victims are female.

89% of victims are white.

44% of all killers start in their twenties

its always a pleasure to answer race/culture questions while white; knowing full well you will be called a host of endearing terms.

Which Ethnic Groups Molest Children?

Are there ethnic groups in which child molestation does not occur? Probably not. Results from the Abel and Harlow Child Molestation Prevention Study suggest that each ethnic group studied has child molesters among them. Once again, the percentages bear a resemblance to the U.S. Census. Abel and Harlow Child Molestation Prevention Study for further details about ethnic groups).

TABLE 3

Ethnic Groups: Admitted Molesters vs. All American Men

Admitted Child Molesters

American Men

Caucasian

79%

72%

Hispanic/Latin-American

9%

11%

African-America                               6 %                            12%

Asian                                                 1%                           4%

Native American                                   3%                            1%

Sources: The Abel and Harlow Child Molestation Prevention Study and the 1999 U.S. Census Statistical Abstract

Note: 3,952 men who admitted to molesting children were compared to American men of various ethnic groups. Asians were under-represented in the complete sample of 15,508 men. They were 1.2 percent. Native Americans were over-represented in the complete sample. They were 3 percent. Both groups had child molesters in proportions equal to their percentages of representation in the complete sample.

Ethnic Groups: Admitted Molesters vs. All American Men

Sources: The Abel and Harlow Child Molestation Prevention Study and the 1999 U.S. Census Statistical Abstract

Note: 3,952 men who admitted to molesting children were compared to American men of various ethnic groups. Asians were under-represented in the complete sample of 15,508 men. They were 1.2 percent. Native Americans were over-represented in the complete sample. They were 3 percent. Both groups had child molesters in proportions equal to their percentages of representation in the complete sample.

Which Children Are Molested?

Children are most at risk from the adults in their own family, and from the adults who are in their parents' social circle. In fact, 90 percent of abusers target children in their own families and children who they know well. Furthermore, research suggests that the risk is across the board: Child molesters come from every part of our society, and so children from every part of our society are at risk.

TABLE 4

Which Children Do Child Molesters Target?

CHILDREN IN THE FAMILY

Biological Child

19%

Stepchild, Adopted or Foster Child

30%

Brothers & Sisters

12%

Nieces & Nephews

18%

Grandchild

5%

CHILDREN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Child Left in My Care

5%

Child of Friend or Neighbor

40%

CHILDREN WHO ARE STRANGERS

Child Strangers

10%

Source: The Abel and Harlow Child Molestation Prevention Study.

Note: Since sexual abusers of children often molest children in more than one category, the categories total more than 100 percent. The same child molester may have molested his biological child and his stepchild, therefore, we cannot say that those two categories combined represent 49 percent, but must say that they represent a lower number.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
That looks like Malibu.

I'm from So Cal, and have seen plenty of black surfers. I did not take pictures or statistical info because frankly, it would have been absurd. I don't know what hole you live in, but you need to crawl out of it now and then.

Quoting Radarma:

pssst...I am talking about in America, hon.

Quoting katy_kay08:

What are you doing with those boards...surfing is "white culture"

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I got cut off by a group of bicycles this morning. There were 7 or 8. One of them was black. The city I live in has a black population of about 3%, a white population of about 10%. I dated a black guy not too long ago who rode his bike to work fairly regularly. A black doctor I knew did long distance bicycle races. There's at least one black bicycle cop in the city.

Quoting stacymomof2:

You have to earn respect for your point of view.

OMG I am sitting on my porch and saw a black guy ride by on his bike just now.  For real.  Should I get his pic for you?

Quoting Radarma:

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Charley Pride country music

Darius Rucker rock and country

JIMI FUCKING HENDRIX one of the most famous rock guitarists of all time

Metallica's original bassist was black. He left because the others were partying too much. I can't recall his name right now.

I see black truckers all the time.

What about medicine is white? Plenty of black people are in the medical field, and plenty of black people use medicine.

I have encountered a great deal of black pet owners.

Plenty of black volunteers/humanitarians. Especially if you include those who do it on a small scale without recognition.

Granted, a higher percentage of total white people have freckles vs the percentage of total black people who have freckles .

Quoting Radarma:

I am going to do this, JUST for you RT. You are, of course, free to waste your time debunking the list, and offering us examples of nonwhite folk who enegage in or are a part of the culture characteristics below. Have at it.

:)

*Bike riding (yep, I said it)
*Extreme Sports and dumbass shit like base jumping
*Attachment Parenting, to a large extent is primarily embraced within white families
*Therapy as a tool; not too many minorities seek therapy when in need
*Inventors/pioneers/scientists
*IT industry (predominately white)
*medicine
*freckles
*roller skating
*volunteer/humanitarian efforts
*Truckers
*Country  and Rock Music
*Surf and water sport/play
*Love of pets
*skateboarding

AND A WHOLE LOTS MORE.

I remain, quite proud of being white in America.

Hope that helps YOU understand what WHITE CULTURE means to ME.

bow down

Quoting Raintree:

AHA!

What it means is something different to another white person? Voila. There is no 'white culture'. There are different cultures representative of different countries.

If there is an American culture- we all have a part in it. Not just whites. All of us.

We might not all have my Dutch culture with our tulips and wooden shoes and delft everything and stroopwafels and coffee.

Quoting Radarma:

We did this list before, I am sure you were there.

Not interesting in splitting hairs with ya RT...what "white culture" means to ME is personal, and I am sure it differs to some degree from what it means to another white person.

You just tried telling me there is no "black culture"...as I am sure millions of black americans would disagree with you, I remain disinterested in semantic jumprope.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Raintree:

Question for the baker or some other like 'minded' person- 

What IS 'white culture'? 

lol, this again? What do you care, gosh, don't see anyone here EVER question with the intent to dismiss "black culture".

You make the point FOR the baker.

Radarma, I know you're smart enough to get this. Those of us in the bigger, majority group might have some similarities, but also have a lot of distinctive attributes connected to our particular ancestry or the area of the country we live in. We aren't kept from participating in general society and forced to adopt a society of the outsider.

Can you answer the question? What is 'white culture'? Or is there simply an American culture? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)