Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Student: Protect Whites from Blacks.

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't normally do these type of posts but I just want to hear (well read) your thoughts on it.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Replies (361-370):
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
When I was 14, I went to see Phantom of The Opera. I had heard the recording of it with micheal crawford singing. The show I went to had Robert Guillaume playing the part of Phantom. OH MY GOD, he blew mwah away. He was amazing. Leaps and bounds above the recording. I could not fathom how they could have chosen to record m.c. singing instead of Robert Guillaume. He gave me chills. Someone in our group snuck a tape recorder (I am not sure of the quality) in to the show. Even that recording sounded better than the official recording. To this day, I refuse to listen to The Phantom of the Opera because to me, it sounds so weak and substandard compared to Robert Guillaume.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM
You seriously need to crawl out of your hole more often. I see black and brown truckers ALL the time. I do live in an area that sees a lot of freight/18 wheeler traffic.

Nowhere near the ocean, so I rarely see surfers. Surfing can't really be called a white sport though. It's Hawaiian.

Quoting Radarma:

See a lot of black/brown truckers and surfers do ya?

LMAO

Your denial and restrictions of thought and observation because of political correctness are stifling to me, can't imagine how you manage to breathe.

Quoting krysstizzle:

OMG....

going crazy

Quoting Radarma:

I am going to do this, JUST for you RT. You are, of course, free to waste your time debunking the list, and offering us examples of nonwhite folk who enegage in or are a part of the culture characteristics below. Have at it.

:)

*Bike riding (yep, I said it)
*Extreme Sports and dumbass shit like base jumping
*Attachment Parenting, to a large extent is primarily embraced within white families
*Therapy as a tool; not too many minorities seek therapy when in need
*Inventors/pioneers/scientists
*IT industry (predominately white)
*medicine
*freckles
*roller skating
*volunteer/humanitarian efforts
*Truckers
*Country  and Rock Music
*Surf and water sport/play
*Love of pets
*skateboarding

AND A WHOLE LOTS MORE.

I remain, quite proud of being white in America.

Hope that helps YOU understand what WHITE CULTURE means to ME.

bow down

snip

greenie63
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Radarma, are you for real? Did you lose your marbles somewhere? What white society are living in that you are so far removed from the diversity of the real world? 

Quoting jllcali:

You seriously need to crawl out of your hole more often. I see black and brown truckers ALL the time. I do live in an area that sees a lot of freight/18 wheeler traffic.

Nowhere near the ocean, so I rarely see surfers. Surfing can't really be called a white sport though. It's Hawaiian.

Quoting Radarma:

See a lot of black/brown truckers and surfers do ya?

LMAO

Your denial and restrictions of thought and observation because of political correctness are stifling to me, can't imagine how you manage to breathe.

Quoting krysstizzle:

OMG....

going crazy

Quoting Radarma:

I am going to do this, JUST for you RT. You are, of course, free to waste your time debunking the list, and offering us examples of nonwhite folk who enegage in or are a part of the culture characteristics below. Have at it.

*Attachment Parenting, to a large extent is primarily embraced within white families
*medicine
*freckles
*roller skating
*Truckers
*Country  and Rock Music
*Love of pets
*skateboarding

AND A WHOLE LOTS MORE.

bow down

snip

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Attachment parenting - this is important- IN AMERICA it might be embraced by white families more often. But where does the concept come from? Not from the land of the white man. Good god again.

It's like she's never seen a freaking National Geographic. Ever in her life.

Maybe she's claiming the name attachment parenting is white. The numerous other cultures probably didn't give it a name, they probably just called it parenting.

Quoting Raintree:

That is the silliest list I've ever seen.

Bike riding- Ever been to a large city? Lot of people- all different colors!- ride bikes. Good god.

Extreme sports and dumbass shit. Well, okay. I'll give you that one if you want it.

Attachment parenting - this is important- IN AMERICA it might be embraced by white families more often. But where does the concept come from? Not from the land of the white man. Good god again.

Therapy as a tool.  It might be important for you to wonder why you've put this in a 'white culture' category. laughing out loud.

INventors/pioneers/scientists- you're not thinking today, are ya? What people receive the best educational base will be the people who fall into this category. That said- I'm sure you didn't google 'black american inventors/scientists, didja? Go ahead and do that.

IT is white? And "culture"? lol Called for IT help lately? The hospital I used to work for just outsourced their IT to India. 

Medicine. Eh. Try again. Google that along with the scientists/inventors.

Freckles are not culture

roller skating is dead

volunteer humanitarian efforts are white? Are you kidding me?

truckers are now cultural? Been out there on a truck lately? I mean, I come from a family who owned a trucking firm for a long time. They weren't/aren't all white.

Country and Rock. Okay- I'll give you country. That springs largely from folk and bluegrass - which sprung directly from scottish and irish immigrants. R ock? Nope. That's from a combination of musical traditions- not all of which are "white" in origin.

Sports again. Been to Hawaii ...ever? Not only white people surfing. lol...Both of my brothers were on their school's surfing team- along with a multitude of other kids from non-white families. laughing still... swimming? I used to teach it. I don't remember a primary color of students. Of course, I lived in a fairly diverse town at that time.

"Love" of pets? This list is  garbage. Okay- another job I had as a youngster? I worked for Omaha Vaccine in one of their stores under a different name. There was no color I noticed 'loving' their pets more. Oh my goodness.. What silliness.

Skateboarding? Good grief. My son's all skateboard. They're all caucasian like me and asian like their father. They're the only kids who skateboard in our little town of ALL WHITE PEOPLE and a million little kids- all taking karate. lol. Maybe Karate is now a 'white culture' thing.

Your white culture is really shallow. And kinda rednecky.

But it made me laugh, so you know. 

Quoting Radarma:

*medicine
*freckles
*roller skating
*Truckers
*Country  and Rock Music
*Love of pets
*skateboarding

AND A WHOLE LOTS MORE.

bow down

Quoting Raintree:

AHA!

What it means is something different to another white person? Voila. There is no 'white culture'. There are different cultures representative of different countries.

If there is an American culture- we all have a part in it. Not just whites. All of us.

We might not all have my Dutch culture with our tulips and wooden shoes and delft everything and stroopwafels and coffee.

Quoting Radarma:

We did this list before, I am sure you were there.

Not interesting in splitting hairs with ya RT...what "white culture" means to ME is personal, and I am sure it differs to some degree from what it means to another white person.

You just tried telling me there is no "black culture"...as I am sure millions of black americans would disagree with you, I remain disinterested in semantic jumprope.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Raintree:

Question for the baker or some other like 'minded' person- 

What IS 'white culture'? 

lol, this again? What do you care, gosh, don't see anyone here EVER question with the intent to dismiss "black culture".

You make the point FOR the baker.

Radarma, I know you're smart enough to get this. Those of us in the bigger, majority group might have some similarities, but also have a lot of distinctive attributes connected to our particular ancestry or the area of the country we live in. We aren't kept from participating in general society and forced to adopt a society of the outsider.

Can you answer the question? What is 'white culture'? Or is there simply an American culture? 

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Who will protect BLACKS from Whites? ((shrug)) I just read how the ABH and other "supremacist" groups are gaining numbers and influence! 2013 People,when will this garbage be out-dated? I am sorry about the patently ridiculous racism you are experiencing RainTree!

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM

That's not Malibu...

and I am adding NASCAR.

Quoting jllcali:

That looks like Malibu.

I'm from So Cal, and have seen plenty of black surfers. I did not take pictures or statistical info because frankly, it would have been absurd. I don't know what hole you live in, but you need to crawl out of it now and then.

Quoting Radarma:

pssst...I am talking about in America, hon.

Quoting katy_kay08:

What are you doing with those boards...surfing is "white culture"

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting charleyd68:

Who will protect BLACKS from Whites? ((shrug)) I just read how the ABH and other "supremacist" groups are gaining numbers and influence! 2013 People,when will this garbage be out-dated? I am sorry about the patently ridiculous racism you are experiencing RainTree!

Hey, when white people are killing black people in numbers like the FEW (out of hundreds, BTW) cases below...then we can worry about that too!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=56c_1364359169#wQzoXD1uqoqFPOLK.99

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=43873

(suspects range from TWELVE to 19 y/o)

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/6661692/portales-man-convicted-in-burning-deaths-of-couple?nav=menu429_2&redirected=true

http://www.news9.com/story/12449771/teen-found-guilty-in-murder-of-pizza-delivery-driver?redirected=true

(another white man, just trying to EARN a buck)

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/killer-angered-over-small-amount-he-got-from-ut-student/1029681

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=9659511

(this career thug is fifteen years old)

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2009/2/3/143947/Police-Blotter-Robbery-On-Shawnee-Trail.aspx

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/train-beat-down-video

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Good morning cafemoms, have some coffee.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Sure looks like it. What makes you say it's not?

Quoting Radarma:

That's not Malibu...

and I am adding NASCAR.

Quoting jllcali:

That looks like Malibu.

I'm from So Cal, and have seen plenty of black surfers. I did not take pictures or statistical info because frankly, it would have been absurd. I don't know what hole you live in, but you need to crawl out of it now and then.

Quoting Radarma:

pssst...I am talking about in America, hon.

Quoting katy_kay08:

What are you doing with those boards...surfing is "white culture"

Della529
by Matlock on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Wendell Scott

Wendell Scott became the very first African-American to start a NASCAR race when he took the green flag on March 4th, 1961 in Spartanberg, SC. Unfortunately, Wendell had engine problems that day and did not finish.

Not only was Wendell Scott the first and most prolific of all African-Americans in the sport but also the most successful. Scott went on to start a total of 495 races in NASCAR's top series from 1961 through 1973. Wendell is also the only African-American to date to score a win. On December 1st 1963 he took the checkered flag first at Speedway Park in Jacksonville, FL.

Wendell Scott also managed four consecutive top ten points finishes. Scott finished no worse than tenth in the final standings from 1966 to 1969.

http://nascar.about.com/od/drivers/a/africanamerican.htm

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-06-27/story/1963-nascar-controversy-racing-or-race

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)