Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Or just pro choice?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Replies (161-170):
SLTmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Just pro choice.

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM

That is incorrect.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

That is simply untrue. People who identify as 'pro life' are concerned exclusively with fetal life, they couldn't care less about actual humans!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

No, it does not. Unless you describe yourself as being anti choice for being against legalizing infanticide or murder. It is a way for some pro choicers to misrepresent the views of those who do not agree that fetal life is less worth protection than, say, newborn life.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Anti Choice accurately describes people who identify as 'pro life' (which does not describe their position accurately) but Pro Abortion only describes a relatively small subset of Pro Choice Americans.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Pro abortion and anti choice are both inflammatory terms used by the opposing sides to deliberately misconstrue and misrepresent views they do not share.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I can honestly say I have never met one person that is "pro-abortion", I am pro-choice and so is just about everyone I know.  I also know people who are very anti-abortion under any circumstances:/ To each their own:/

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quoting foxfroggy:

A rather absurd question since being prochoice must encompass allowing abortion to those who choose it. 

I dont think its absurd.  I would never have an abortion, I believe that life begins at conception, but I would not outlaw abortion. Therefore I would submit I can easily be called pro choice.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting jcribb16:

That is incorrect.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

That is simply untrue. People who identify as 'pro life' are concerned exclusively with fetal life, they couldn't care less about actual humans!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

No, it does not. Unless you describe yourself as being anti choice for being against legalizing infanticide or murder. It is a way for some pro choicers to misrepresent the views of those who do not agree that fetal life is less worth protection than, say, newborn life.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Anti Choice accurately describes people who identify as 'pro life' (which does not describe their position accurately) but Pro Abortion only describes a relatively small subset of Pro Choice Americans.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Pro abortion and anti choice are both inflammatory terms used by the opposing sides to deliberately misconstrue and misrepresent views they do not share.

If a person says they do not beleive a woman should have an abortion due to life starts at conception and then makes laws to prohibit that choice, they are anti-choice. 

crazyblondemom
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I am pro-choice, because it's non of my buisness what you do. NOR DO I CARE.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Quoting Diane1223:

Wow, really?!!!! I, myself, being STRONGLY PRO LIFE, have never heard anyone use the word ”pro abortion” ONLY pro choice. And yes, I have many pro choice friends. But, according to you I am self righteous, morally superior,.and insulting. According to me, you are just plain selfish and you sound ignorant. Life is precious, but no one values it, now a days!

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

IMO, the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.

Wow, reading comprehension issues much? I said those who use the term pro-abortion are self righteous, think they are morally superior and intend to be insulting. If you don't use that term, then I wasn't talking about you, at all. I never said all pro-lifers are any of those things but I get how some people need to feign outrage over nothing. You are obviously new to CM because calling pro-choicers 'pro-aborts' is all the rage with many pro-lifers here. Why else would the OP make an entire post about it?

I'll be nice and not return the insults since you obviously misunderstood my original comments. Maybe next time you could try actually reading others comments instead of skimming, assuming and jumping to incorrect conclusions.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I'm glad you clarified that it is your opinion about that.  

When I was a kid, the only term/s used back then were "pro-abortion" and "anti-abortion."  All pro-lifers don't try to be "self-righteous" and "moral superiority."  All pro-choicers don't either.  Some on both sides can go overboard with their stance, but for the most part, most just really care passionately for what they feel and believe on the matter of abortion.

As far as insulting those who disagree, that happens on both sides to both sides, by some who cannot tolerate others disagreeing, as if others aren't "allowed" to have their own views on the matter, unless it agrees with the other side.  That's beyond immature and ridiculous.

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

IMO, the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM

There are also extenuating circumstances for some women and/or the babies - that should be taken into consideration for the well-being and safety of either, who may be in danger.  Either way, there is care and concern for both the woman and the baby.  

It is becoming painfully obvious, however, that there is way less regard for an unborn baby's chance of following through with the life given it while forming in the womb, especially when it's totally selfish reasons on the mother's end for the abortion of that baby.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting jcribb16:

That is incorrect.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

If a person says they do not beleive a woman should have an abortion due to life starts at conception and then makes laws to prohibit that choice, they are anti-choice. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I guess I'll be the group dumb ass. I am pro-abortion.

Quoting glitterteaz:

anyone who uses the term pro-abortion is a MAJOR dumb ass!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN