Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Or just pro choice?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
Suzy_Sunshine
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I am both Pro Choice and Pro Abortion.

Pro Choice comes first.

While there is a little facist part of me who would love to force abortion on some women I suppress that and work to ensure reproductive freedom for all women even the ones I find reprehensible.

But I consider abortion a wonderful procedure that I wish more women would select. 

Suzy_Sunshine
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

BRU baby shower registry.

Quoting tscritch:

Where do you think a good place to picket would be? You know, have the most impact? :-)

Quoting wickedfiress:

I'm not sure what "pro abortion" even is.

Do they picket with signs showing childless couples on vacation and chant "abort!" ?

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pro-choice. I don't think any other human being in this universe has the right to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her body.

funny_girl3
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Pro choice.  I wouldn't choose to have an abortion, but I don't think the government should make laws that control a woman's body.  Most of our legislators are men and I don't think there is any good comparison for forcing a woman to have a baby that applies to a man's body, but I would be against that hypothetical situation too.  Whether you look at abortion as a moral issue or a woman's rights issue, legally taking that option from women is a slippery slope.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Why would saying someone is pro abortion be insulting? If you are in favor of abortion being legal, then you are in favor of abortion being legal. Seems pretty simple.

Pro choice and pro life are both terms made up to garner more support for either side.

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

IMO, the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.

You would have to ask those who use it as an insult. Pro-abortion implies one thinks it's a good thing and the best option for everyone in every case. I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion. Most pro-choicers I know hate abortion and work to reduce the demand but don't believe it's the govts place to make medical decisions for consenting adults. We support choice for women not abortion.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe abortion should be a legal, safe, available option for every woman who wants one.  I'm not particularly fond of abortion and I can't see myself choosing one except for in an extreme circumstance but that's me.  That's not every woman.  I find the notion of a woman being forced to gestate to be reprehensible.  I also find the notion of a woman being forced to abort to be reprehensible.  If a woman came to me struggling with the decision, I would not sway her to abort but I also would not sway her to gestate.  I would try to help her look inside herself and make the best decision for her.

I call myself pro-choice.  If others think that the above makes me pro-abortion, so be it.  The title does not offend me.  I know what I stand for and how I feel about it.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM
But, the main difference between pro choice and pro life pov is whether abortion should be legal or illegal. That's the main issue and the main disagreement... Otherwise, everyone agrees on reproductive freedom.

Quoting paganbaby:

I think because pro-choice is about more than just abortion.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Why would saying someone is pro abortion be insulting? If you are in favor of abortion being legal, then you are in favor of abortion being legal. Seems pretty simple.

Pro choice and pro life are both terms made up to garner more support for either side.

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

IMO, the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never met anyone who used it as an insult.
Most every other cause out there supports choice on whatever the issue is... Why would abortion be any different?

Pro abortion simply means you support abortion being legal. It doesn't mean you think it's the best option for everyone.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

You would have to ask those who use it as an insult. Pro-abortion implies one thinks it's a good thing and the best option for everyone in every case. I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion. Most pro-choicers I know hate abortion and work to reduce the demand but don't believe it's the govts place to make medical decisions for consenting adults. We support choice for women not abortion.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

just pro choice...i don't think there is anyone (on the site anyways) who would be pro abortion (meaning they think every pregnancy should be ended by abortion)

butterflycircle
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I do not believe in abortion at all for any reason ever. That being said, I would not want to take that right to choose away from a woman though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN