Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Or just pro choice?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM

"Pro-abortion" means you advocate FOR women to have abortions. 

Although I agree the terms are squiffy, but I've certainly seen CM members toss around "pro-abort" in order to insult.

And I think there are plenty of pro-life people who do not advocate for the criminalization of abortion.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I've never met anyone who used it as an insult.
Most every other cause out there supports choice on whatever the issue is... Why would abortion be any different?

Pro abortion simply means you support abortion being legal. It doesn't mean you think it's the best option for everyone.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Why would saying someone is pro abortion be insulting? If you are in favor of abortion being legal, then you are in favor of abortion being legal. Seems pretty simple.

Pro choice and pro life are both terms made up to garner more support for either side.

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

IMO, the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.

You would have to ask those who use it as an insult. Pro-abortion implies one thinks it's a good thing and the best option for everyone in every case. I don't know anyone who is pro-abortion. Most pro-choicers I know hate abortion and work to reduce the demand but don't believe it's the govts place to make medical decisions for consenting adults. We support choice for women not abortion.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
No, everyone does not agree on reproductive freedoms. And even the people who feel abortion should be legal have different versions of that legality. Pro-choice is not a black and white issue.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

But, the main difference between pro choice and pro life pov is whether abortion should be legal or illegal. That's the main issue and the main disagreement... Otherwise, everyone agrees on reproductive freedom.

Quoting paganbaby:

I think because pro-choice is about more than just abortion.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Why would saying someone is pro abortion be insulting? If you are in favor of abortion being legal, then you are in favor of abortion being legal. Seems pretty simple.

Pro choice and pro life are both terms made up to garner more support for either side.

Quoting Friday:

Absolutely Pro-Choice.

IMO, the term 'pro-abortion' was simply coined by self righteous pro-lifers to claim their alleged moral superiority and insult those who disagree.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Definitely Disney World.

Quoting tscritch:

Where do you think a good place to picket would be? You know, have the most impact? :-)

Quoting wickedfiress:

I'm not sure what "pro abortion" even is.

Do they picket with signs showing childless couples on vacation and chant "abort!" ?

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I'm pro-privacy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShannyLouisiany
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pro-abortion. I'm not sure why anyone would suggest that a proponent for abortion would picket, is overzealous, or insane. I believe more women should abort. SO MANY WOMEN, in my insignificant opinion, should absolutely NOT become pregnant and have children. So many potential children are doomed at conception. End it before a lifetime of suffering begins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tarot
by Tea on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I'm pro-choice.

Do you bury me when I'm gone? 
Do you teach me while I'm here? 
Just as soon as I belong 
Then it's time I disappear

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

im pro-choice

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pro choice for women that are smart enough to know what they are doing, and are responsible and accountable in their own lives. I am pro abortion for these morons that refuse to take responsiblity for anything they do, and want to whine about how hard life is, even though they do nothing to better themselves, and just continue you to get knocked up by idiots that they are not in a committed relationship with. No child should have to endure being parented by people like that.

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Welp, I know what I am doing this summer! 

Quoting wickedfiress:

Do they picket with signs showing childless couples on vacation and chant "abort!" ?

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I was thinking I could set up shop next to the creepy old man that protests against abortion at the clinic here in town.  You know, a protest for both sides. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Definitely Disney World.

Quoting tscritch:

Where do you think a good place to picket would be? You know, have the most impact? :-)

Quoting wickedfiress:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN