Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail

Posted by   + Show Post
  • Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail (ABC News)
    View Photo

ABC News - Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail (ABC News)

Texas authorities are using helicopters and dogs to search for two "dangerous" Texas inmates who escaped from jail this morning by squeezing through a gate, leaving behind their black and white prison suits on the railroad tracks behind the jail.

Authorities believe Brian Tucker, 44, and John King, 39, escaped from Hopkins County Jail in Sulphur Springs, Texas, at around 8:30 a.m. today.

"Both are considered dangerous," Deputy Alvin Jordan of the Hopkins County Sheriff's Office told ABCNews.com.

Area schools are on lockdown and businesses are on high alert, according to police.

Tucker was awaiting trial in jail for capital murder charges and King had been indicted for evading arrest.

"They were put out on rec yard to have outside rec and undoubtedly squeezed through the gate and took off," Jordan said. "We did find their black and whites about 100 yards behind the facility."

Tucker and King were both segregated from other inmates because of the types of crimes they have committed, according to Jordan.

It is unknown what the men are wearing, whether they may have used some kind of transportation after leaving the jail yard and whether they are still together, Jordan said.

Asked if there is any reason to believe they could be armed, Jordan said, "At this point, unless they picked up anything from here to where they're at, the weapons part is unknown."

Their only known connection at this time is that they were inmates at the same time in the same jail with no known previous ties.

Authorities are warning people to be careful and call 911 if they see the men.

"If they're spotted, make sure they lock their doors, call 911 and tell us what area they're in," Jordan said. "Don't try to let them approach you."

Tucker is 5-foot-7-inches and about 170 pounds. He has brown eyes, brown hair and multiple tattoos. King is 5-foot-8-inches and 165 pounds. He has black hair, hazel eyes and multiple tattoos.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM

ah, ok, thanks. I just heard about that in passing. 

Quoting pamelax3:

Actually it was the other way around. THey were in the Colorado Prison, killed to Co. Prison official and then he was shot and killed here in Texas

Quoting autodidact:

Again? Didn't a bunch just escape from a Texas prison a week or two ago and go to Colorado and kill a sheriff or a deputy?

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I am also curious if they are affiliated with the white supremacist groups that are reeking havoc in TX right now?

Billiejeens
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Ignorance

Quoting Donna6503:

I blame Obama and his very liberal food stamp program; everybody knows that if Obama didn't allow food stamps those convicts would've preferred their life in prison.

Yep, gotta blame Obama it is his fault totally.

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

And more importantly, where were the guards? And who is dumb enough to build a jail/prison next to railroad tracks? Just saying!

Quoting pamelax3:

very good question, I would like to also know

Quoting tscritch:

Neither of these men appear super skinny, so I am curious how this gate was left with such a big gap for them to squeeze through?

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am also wondering that, to much is going on and to me they would have need help to escape like that. I really hope they are caught

Quoting tscritch:

I am also curious if they are affiliated with the white supremacist groups that are reeking havoc in TX right now?

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM

it makes no sense to me at this point.. IMO no men of that size could get thru a opening in a gate with out inside help.. .

Quoting tscritch:

And more importantly, where were the guards? And who is dumb enough to build a jail/prison next to railroad tracks? Just saying!

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting tscritch:

Neither of these men appear super skinny, so I am curious how this gate was left with such a big gap for them to squeeze through?

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM

It doesn't make sense at all!!!!

There is definitely more to this story!!!

Quoting pamelax3:

it makes no sense to me at this point.. IMO no men of that size could get thru a opening in a gate with out inside help.. .

Quoting tscritch:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting tscritch:

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I agree there is more to it. but I doubt we ever hear that part of it

Quoting tscritch:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting tscritch:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting tscritch:

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Oh I'm sure we won't.

If they were such dangerous inmates and segregated from the other inmates due to their crimes...why were they left unattended? IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!

Quoting pamelax3:

I agree there is more to it. but I doubt we ever hear that part of it

Quoting tscritch:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting tscritch:

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting tscritch:

rfurlongg
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Creepy. Someone is going to loose their job over this escape. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured