Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail

Posted by   + Show Post
  • Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail (ABC News)
    View Photo

ABC News - Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail (ABC News)

Texas authorities are using helicopters and dogs to search for two "dangerous" Texas inmates who escaped from jail this morning by squeezing through a gate, leaving behind their black and white prison suits on the railroad tracks behind the jail.

Authorities believe Brian Tucker, 44, and John King, 39, escaped from Hopkins County Jail in Sulphur Springs, Texas, at around 8:30 a.m. today.

"Both are considered dangerous," Deputy Alvin Jordan of the Hopkins County Sheriff's Office told ABCNews.com.

Area schools are on lockdown and businesses are on high alert, according to police.

Tucker was awaiting trial in jail for capital murder charges and King had been indicted for evading arrest.

"They were put out on rec yard to have outside rec and undoubtedly squeezed through the gate and took off," Jordan said. "We did find their black and whites about 100 yards behind the facility."

Tucker and King were both segregated from other inmates because of the types of crimes they have committed, according to Jordan.

It is unknown what the men are wearing, whether they may have used some kind of transportation after leaving the jail yard and whether they are still together, Jordan said.

Asked if there is any reason to believe they could be armed, Jordan said, "At this point, unless they picked up anything from here to where they're at, the weapons part is unknown."

Their only known connection at this time is that they were inmates at the same time in the same jail with no known previous ties.

Authorities are warning people to be careful and call 911 if they see the men.

"If they're spotted, make sure they lock their doors, call 911 and tell us what area they're in," Jordan said. "Don't try to let them approach you."

Tucker is 5-foot-7-inches and about 170 pounds. He has brown eyes, brown hair and multiple tattoos. King is 5-foot-8-inches and 165 pounds. He has black hair, hazel eyes and multiple tattoos.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Why are you bringing drama from another thread into this one?

Quoting Donna6503:

Hmmm really Billie,

So you "like" her reply because she was young and inexperience ... That makes a lot of sense now.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I am not draging this thread down with this nonsense.

Her oldest child is three - she is incredibly young and not experienced, I do not believe that many years from now her child will be being beaten.

However, understand this - if I should see the child being beaten for that or anything else, you will be behind me in the rush to quickly put an end to that.

Quoting Donna6503:

And you "like" that instead.

(SMH)

Quoting Billiejeens:

She didn't say that she would have her husband do anything.

She indicated that daddy would beat the gay out

Try to be accurate, please.

Quoting Donna6503:

Gee Billie,

Since we're talking about ignorance and people supporting criminals and all.

I want to know why, when we had a post from a person that believed that she would have her husband beat the "gay" out of their kids ... She received one "like" and it came from you?

Why, do you support such ignorance?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Ignorance

Quoting Donna6503:

I blame Obama and his very liberal food stamp program; everybody knows that if Obama didn't allow food stamps those convicts would've preferred their life in prison.

Yep, gotta blame Obama it is his fault totally.

babiesbabybaby development

Donna6503
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Just talking about "ignorance" that's all

Quoting kailu1835:

Why are you bringing drama from another thread into this one?

Quoting Donna6503:

Hmmm really Billie,

So you "like" her reply because she was young and inexperience ... That makes a lot of sense now.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I am not draging this thread down with this nonsense.

Her oldest child is three - she is incredibly young and not experienced, I do not believe that many years from now her child will be being beaten.

However, understand this - if I should see the child being beaten for that or anything else, you will be behind me in the rush to quickly put an end to that.

Quoting Donna6503:

And you "like" that instead.

(SMH)

Quoting Billiejeens:

She didn't say that she would have her husband do anything.

She indicated that daddy would beat the gay out

Try to be accurate, please.

Quoting Donna6503:

Gee Billie,

Since we're talking about ignorance and people supporting criminals and all.

I want to know why, when we had a post from a person that believed that she would have her husband beat the "gay" out of their kids ... She received one "like" and it came from you?

Why, do you support such ignorance?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Ignorance

Quoting Donna6503:

I blame Obama and his very liberal food stamp program; everybody knows that if Obama didn't allow food stamps those convicts would've preferred their life in prison.

Yep, gotta blame Obama it is his fault totally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM
It depends where in Russia. I saw a documentry about Black Dolphin Prison, and I like how the system works there. Most prisons here make it easy for prisoners. They are there for punishment and most of the prisons here they have a little freedom.

Quoting mehamil1:

There are a few prisons in Norway that don't have gates or bars. They have housing on an island in the Baltic sea. Want to escape? Gotta swim. 

But, unlike Russia, we have this thing called a Constitution. And in that Constitution, cruel and unusual punishment is against the law. As it should be because here in America we are not barbarians and prisoner abuse is the work of barbarians. Russia does some pretty horrific things to prisoners, too many of them political prisoners, and we do not want to mirror that treatment. For one thing, there is no solid evidence to support that bad prisons acts as a deterrent. 

Quoting DragonMother10:
If they are caught, they should send them to the Black Dolphin Prison in Russia, there is no escaping that place. Prisons here are a joke!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Yikes

lisa8824
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Still on the run! They believe they are located in sulphur springs, the town that they escaped from. Still on high alert around here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Sooo scary! Stay safe!!!!!

Quoting lisa8824:

Still on the run! They believe they are located in sulphur springs, the town that they escaped from. Still on high alert around here.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM

The prison system here is horrible. Espically the fact that too many prisons are for profit, making it an incentive to put people into prison rather than keep people out. 

The goal of the US prison system is NOT punishment but rehabilitation. However, too often it is about punishment. Sometimes extremely cruel punishment, like solitary confinement which was proven in the 19th and 20th centuries to cause insanity. The US is one of the few nations on this planet that still uses it. Not even the Chinese use it because it is seen as one of the worst forms of torture. Iran doesn't even do it. North Korea does though. So we're in great company. 

If you want the people going into prison to come out relatively well adjusted and better, as in, they won't commit another crime, it's in our best interests to treat them well and rehabilitate them. The vast majority are in prison because they were caught with drugs/are drug addicts. The vast majority are did not commit a violent crime. In my own personal opinion, people who are not violent do not deserve prison. If they are not a physical/violent threat to our society, there is no reason to remove them from society. There are better ways to deal with non violent people. Much better. Also, those who are addicted to drugs belond in rehab, not prison. Most people agree with this and yet we still keep putting them into prison despite the fact that addiction is a health issue and not a criminal one. 

The US has the highest prison population in the world. Mostly because of drugs, not because we are so violent. We have some pretty shitty prisons when you compare them to other countries. Especially the fact that our recindvsm rate is so high. And that's not because prison is great, it's because the policies that affect ex cons coming out of prison are over punitive. If an ex con can't get a job and aren't elegible for social welfare programs, what the hell are they supposed to do except commit crimes again? But then since we have a for profit prison system, recindvism seems to be encouraged. 

There's so much we can do about this. First step being making the prisons public instead of privately owned. 

Quoting DragonMother10:
It depends where in Russia. I saw a documentry about Black Dolphin Prison, and I like how the system works there. Most prisons here make it easy for prisoners. They are there for punishment and most of the prisons here they have a little freedom.
Quoting mehamil1:

There are a few prisons in Norway that don't have gates or bars. They have housing on an island in the Baltic sea. Want to escape? Gotta swim. 

But, unlike Russia, we have this thing called a Constitution. And in that Constitution, cruel and unusual punishment is against the law. As it should be because here in America we are not barbarians and prisoner abuse is the work of barbarians. Russia does some pretty horrific things to prisoners, too many of them political prisoners, and we do not want to mirror that treatment. For one thing, there is no solid evidence to support that bad prisons acts as a deterrent. 

Quoting DragonMother10:
If they are caught, they should send them to the Black Dolphin Prison in Russia, there is no escaping that place. Prisons here are a joke!
raven1114
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Quoting mehamil1:

Texas seems to be imploding. Wasn't a Texas DA and his wife just shot and killed? Texas! Get your shit together! 

Yes and the Assistant DA was killed just 2 months ago as well.
LindaClement
by Linda on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Why is 'dangerous' in quotes?

Billiejeens
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Since she is a big fan of the boy, yeah I knew it was sarcasm.

Quoting mehamil1:

Surely the queen of sarcasm can appreciate sarcasm. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Ignorance

Quoting Donna6503:

Yep, gotta blame Obama it is his fault totally

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured