Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Aerial Footage of Arkansas Tar Sands Oil Spill (It reached the lake).

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
3 moms liked this

WooHoo! Drill, Baby, Drill.

Blech. A stream if expletives is pushing it's way out but I'll refrain.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this

If people treated airline crashes they way they're treating this, flight would have been banned in 1961.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting LindaClement:

If people treated airline crashes they way they're treating this, flight would have been banned in 1961.

I don't know many airline crashes that after they crash they continue to damage the land, the animals, and the peoples lives around the area. Can you show how they do this?

A big point about the Keystone XL Pipeline is an aquifier that it can contaminate. When is the last time an airplane crashed and destroyed a water supply for states across the country?

And let's not forget no one is saying we shouldn't use the oil. If Canada wants to build a refinery on their land they are completely capable of it. It doesn't make sense to build a pipeline across our country that puts lives, the land, and our water at danger so a few people can make loads of money from it.

They can build a refinery near the oil if they want to make money from it.  There is no way to even cross this example to airlines.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

meriana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

That's just sickening. People are going to be dealing with their yards being contaminated by oil for years to come from the looks of it.  The whole Keystone XL thing just makes me ill.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Oh wow.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Anyone want to live in that cul du sac? Can you imagine the actual financial and potential health hit those families just suffered?

Sometimes when you gamble, you lose.

Greed  skews clear vision and good decision making.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't understand why we need to be the gateway of Canada's muck to the rest of the world. They can keep it there, or send the pipeline over their own land. Which they can't do because the Canadian people said a firm 'no'.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

Anyone want to live in that cul du sac? Can you imagine the actual financial and potential health hit those families just suffered?

Sometimes when you gamble, you lose.

Greed  skews clear vision and good decision making.

Those peoples property values just took a HUGE hit. People buy homes because they want a safe place for their kids, they want a yard for them to play in, they want to have backyard parties/bar b ques with family and friends or they simply want to be able to plant a garden of some kind among other reasons. These people will not be able to sell their homes except maybe at a loss and who wants to send their kids to play in the yard when there's a good possibility those kids will end up covered in oil seeping up from the ground. As for any type of garden...forget it for years to come. Unless, of course, someone is going to pay to not only dig up those yards but dig down past the point of any oil being present, then replace all that soil and lawn. I doubt the oil companies responsible are going to be doing that for all those families any time soon.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Worth repeating

Quoting Raintree:

I don't understand why we need to be the gateway of Canada's muck to the rest of the world. They can keep it there, or send the pipeline over their own land. Which they can't do because the Canadian people said a firm 'no'.

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Quoting Friday:

WooHoo! Drill, Baby, Drill.

Blech. A stream if expletives is pushing it's way out but I'll refrain.

This

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN