Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aerial Footage of Arkansas Tar Sands Oil Spill (It reached the lake).

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Replies (41-50):
LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Wow. I'm sure when the settlement comes that may be worth it if it doesn't take years and years. And we are barely recovered from the last oil disaster now this. More responsibility.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM

funny, he didn't even make the top 30 of the Guardian's list: 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2006/nov/28/climatechange.climatechangeenvironment

Quoting talia-mom:

Keep thinking that sweetheart.  Especially in North America.

Quoting krysstizzle:

There are a lot of environmentalists and people who are conscious of environmental impacts from all fronts. David Suzuki isn't the biggest anything, imo.

Quoting talia-mom:

I love that people who pretend to care about the environment don't know who David Suziki, one of the world's biggest environmentalists, is.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Well apparent;y many awards and 2 dozen Universities didn't know that a paper in the UK didn't think he was one of them.   My mistake.

Quoting autodidact:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2006/nov/28/climatechange.climatechangeenvironment

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

There are a lot of environmentalists and people who are conscious of environmental impacts from all fronts. David Suzuki isn't the biggest anything, imo.

Quoting talia-mom:

I love that people who pretend to care about the environment don't know who David Suziki, one of the world's biggest environmentalists, is.

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Keep thinking what? That there are a lot of people who are conscious of environmental impacts and environmentalists, aside from David Suzuki? How in the world are you going to pretend that that's a false statement? Derp.

Or that David Suzuki isn't the biggest anything? Because he's not, certainly not in my opinion. Nor have I heard that suggested by friends and colleagues that work in the various fields of ecology, sustainability, and agriculture. 

Sweetheart. *snicker*

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Playing along with the "semantics" game... when asked via a poll, why did the majority of Canadians say "No" to having a pipeline through Canadian provinces? You know, since Canadians are so individualistic and do not kowtow to fake environmental science information or popula, current group think?

Makes no sense.

Quoting LindaClement:

Why did you suggest that 'Canadians' voted for anything?

Quoting Sisteract:

Sounds like most Canadians did vote in favor of that "fake" science, individuals or otherwise and said, "No" to the possibility of having an occurrence similar to what just happened down south.

Why makes you think that folks in the US do not have individual opinions on each and every issue? Your assertion is hardly true-

Quoting LindaClement:

Because unlike folks from the US, individual Canadians have individual opinions, and many listen to environmental doomsayers spouting fake science and invective, so they don't all vote the same way.

We don't vote directly for laws of any kind, and the 'no' was on polls, not elections.

Quoting Sisteract:

That being said, how come Canadians voted NO when it came to the pipeline running through Canadian provinces?

Quoting LindaClement:

My point is: we don't take safety (of people or the landscape) seriously on so many fronts.

When was agriculture 'good for the environment'? Jet fuel explosions? Even without talking about the mess 9/11 made, the environmental cost of flying is NOT a conversation point.

We have a huge international industry built around the new religion of environmentalism, and not one of them has suggested that the 'best' thing for the environment would be to stop flying anywhere, ever. Why? Because they make their billions getting together in various conferences all over the world, so they can nod and pat each other on the back and make scathing remarks about the people who drive, ever, or who think 3rd world employment is worth buying for, or who actually care that safe water supplies exist only in 1st world countries.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting LindaClement:

If people treated airline crashes they way they're treating this, flight would have been banned in 1961.

I don't know many airline crashes that after they crash they continue to damage the land, the animals, and the peoples lives around the area. Can you show how they do this?

A big point about the Keystone XL Pipeline is an aquifier that it can contaminate. When is the last time an airplane crashed and destroyed a water supply for states across the country?

And let's not forget no one is saying we shouldn't use the oil. If Canada wants to build a refinery on their land they are completely capable of it. It doesn't make sense to build a pipeline across our country that puts lives, the land, and our water at danger so a few people can make loads of money from it.

They can build a refinery near the oil if they want to make money from it.  There is no way to even cross this example to airlines.

frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Well that's just fucking lovely. Really, I couldn't care less about the people and their property values, but more about the damage done to the flora and fauna of the region. 

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

So people who just lost 75% of the value of their house don't count because you are worried about daises?

Quoting frogbender:

Well that's just fucking lovely. Really, I couldn't care less about the people and their property values, but more about the damage done to the flora and fauna of the region. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

wtf does this even mean?  he DID make the list, just not in the top thirty. his awards and "2 dozen universities" aren't negated by his placement on the list. 

your assertion equating name recognition with concern for the environment is bizzare and ludicrous.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Well apparent;y many awards and 2 dozen Universities didn't know that a paper in the UK didn't think he was one of them.   My mistake.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM

eye rolling

Quoting talia-mom:

So people who just lost 75% of the value of their house don't count because you are worried about daises?

Quoting frogbender:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Not really.   He is super trendy if she actually was the environmentalist she pretends to be.

Quoting autodidact:

wtf does this even mean?  he DID make the list, just not in the top thirty. his awards and "2 dozen universities" aren't negated by his placement on the list. 

your assertion equating name recognition with concern for the environment is bizzare and ludicrous.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured