Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Aerial Footage of Arkansas Tar Sands Oil Spill (It reached the lake).

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Replies (51-60):
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Eye roll all you want.   These people didn't do anything, but somehow they are less important than crabgrass.

Quoting autodidact:

eye rolling

Quoting talia-mom:

So people who just lost 75% of the value of their house don't count because you are worried about daises?

Quoting frogbender:

Well that's just fucking lovely. Really, I couldn't care less about the people and their property values, but more about the damage done to the flora and fauna of the region. 

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this

"Super trendy"? 

It's like your idiocy knows no bounds. 

Quoting talia-mom:

Not really.   He is super trendy if she actually was the environmentalist she pretends to be.

Quoting autodidact:

wtf does this even mean?  he DID make the list, just not in the top thirty. his awards and "2 dozen universities" aren't negated by his placement on the list. 

your assertion equating name recognition with concern for the environment is bizzare and ludicrous.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Well apparent;y many awards and 2 dozen Universities didn't know that a paper in the UK didn't think he was one of them.   My mistake.

Quoting autodidact:

funny, he didn't even make the top 30 of the Guardian's list: 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2006/nov/28/climatechange.climatechangeenvironment

Quoting talia-mom:

Keep thinking that sweetheart.  Especially in North America.

Quoting krysstizzle:

There are a lot of environmentalists and people who are conscious of environmental impacts from all fronts. David Suzuki isn't the biggest anything, imo.

Quoting talia-mom:

I love that people who pretend to care about the environment don't know who David Suziki, one of the world's biggest environmentalists, is.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

He is.   Watch the cbc sometime.

He had a show.  They report on him being at conferences around the world.

He is the perfect man for the movement.   Educated, usually dedicated to the movement, charismatic.

Quoting krysstizzle:

"Super trendy"? 

It's like your idiocy knows no bounds. 

Quoting talia-mom:

Not really.   He is super trendy if she actually was the environmentalist she pretends to be.

Quoting autodidact:

wtf does this even mean?  he DID make the list, just not in the top thirty. his awards and "2 dozen universities" aren't negated by his placement on the list. 

your assertion equating name recognition with concern for the environment is bizzare and ludicrous.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Well apparent;y many awards and 2 dozen Universities didn't know that a paper in the UK didn't think he was one of them.   My mistake.

Quoting autodidact:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2006/nov/28/climatechange.climatechangeenvironment

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

There are a lot of environmentalists and people who are conscious of environmental impacts from all fronts. David Suzuki isn't the biggest anything, imo.

Quoting talia-mom:

I love that people who pretend to care about the environment don't know who David Suziki, one of the world's biggest environmentalists, is.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Right, because at town halls and shore clean ups everywhere, his name is the password for admission, and if you don't know it, you're not allowed to particicpate. 

environmentalism isn't about keeping track of the names or professions of others in that field of interest. it's NOT a prerequisite, your silly assertion notwithstanding.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM

My mistake.   I actually thought people read stuff not on the Huffington post.

Quoting autodidact:

Right, because at town halls and shore clean ups everywhere, his name is the password for admission, and if you don't know it, you're not allowed to particicpate. 

environmentalism isn't about keeping track of the names or professions of others in that field of interest. it's NOT a prerequisite, your silly assertion notwithstanding.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

you make less sense with every post. 

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Only for the sheeple.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

it's impressive how you strive constantly to outdo your previous performance.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Only for the sheeple.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM

It doesn't take a scientist, or the knowledge of every scientist across the globe to know oil is a dirty resource and it is bad when it spills.

You tried to act like people were uninformed. Can you show where some of these uninformed assertions are?

Or were you just trying to discredit people?

Quoting talia-mom:

I simply pointed out that some people aren't as informed as they like to pretend they are.

If that applies, hey, not my problem.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Oh-Please tell me great and powerful one. What are the requirements for caring about the environment? Are there any other people from outside my country I need to read up on before I can comment on the environment?

Quoting talia-mom:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM

You really try too hard.   I hope your performance improves.

Quoting autodidact:

it's impressive how you strive constantly to outdo your previous performance.  

Quoting talia-mom:

Only for the sheeple.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting talia-mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)