Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The race posts and "White Christians"

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 70 Replies

I've noticed that there is this constant concern over the mistreatment of "white Christians" in the frequent race threads that adorn our forum. White Christians- still the dominant group in American society. I don't see minorities expressing concern over the apparent rampant maltreatment of white Christians in American society. In fact- what I do see is this- 

This is the result of a poll - "This group does not at all agree with my vision of American society" 

Who is the least trusted minority group in the United States? Not white Christians.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Well who can trust someone who doesn't believe in an unprovable entity that most people are dedicating their life to?

It's....frightening and revolutionary....they must be stopped....

jeweldragons
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM

A lot of people in U.S. and around the world don't trust Arab/anyone who looks Arab and don't trust Muslims.  Sadly there have been a lot of attacks on Sikh people because of their beards and turbans (the turbans being associated by the general American public as Taliban) and hate crimes against Muslims have risen since 9/11/01.  Read some of the comments on Yahoo News articles concerning Middle East or just Muslims in general.  There's people who want to blow up Mecca and Madina. 

I think Muslims and Atheists are the two most hated 'religious' groups in U.S.A. 

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Hmm WBC I believe is more hated than Islam or Atheists.

Heck, a case can be made that LDS, JW, or even SDA or more hated than Islam.

Quoting jeweldragons:

A lot of people in U.S. and around the world don't trust Arab/anyone who looks Arab and don't trust Muslims.  Sadly there have been a lot of attacks on Sikh people because of their beards and turbans (the turbans being associated by the general American public as Taliban) and hate crimes against Muslims have risen since 9/11/01.  Read some of the comments on Yahoo News articles concerning Middle East or just Muslims in general.  There's people who want to blow up Mecca and Madina. 

I think Muslims and Atheists are the two most hated 'religious' groups in U.S.A. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting jeweldragons:

How many people are in the WBC?

100?  A few more or less?

How many atheists do you think there are?

I think WBC is denounced.  I think atheists are feared.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I grew up an SDA. "We" are not "hated" as much as Islam or Atheism. Most SDAs of my acquaintance have distrustful feelings toward those groups, however- just like their evangelical cohorts.

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting jeweldragons:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting jeweldragons:

Yep.

I also think that studies have shown who are the least trusted groups, and JWs/LDS/SDAs didn't make much of a dent. 

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I tend to agree with you; which, is why I said a case can be made ...

The SDA is still on many "ministries" cult watch, while they have a more traditional Christian theology than say LDS or JW. They've still been regarded as a cult by (too) many

Quoting Raintree:

I grew up an SDA. "We" are not "hated" as much as Islam or Atheism. Most SDAs of my acquaintance have distrustful feelings toward those groups, however- just like their evangelical cohorts.

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting jeweldragons:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM

"ministries"- not the public at large. There is your difference.

Quoting Donna6503:

I tend to agree with you; which, is why I said a case can be made ...

The SDA is still on many "ministries" cult watch, while they have a more traditional Christian theology than say LDS or JW. They've still been regarded as a cult by (too) many

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting jeweldragons:

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM
The WBC is denounced by everybody ... Who likes the WBC?

Sorry, there are atheists that get big ratings and large crowds wherever they go ... Does WBC get that? No they are more hated.

I don't think atheists are feared in the slightest. I do think Muslims are feared.

The numbers don't matter ... WBC is just hated

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting jeweldragons:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN