Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grandparents rights

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this
I received a notification in my email, from cafemoms.com. when I went there, I found several ignorant responses, to, "should grandparents have rights just like parents do?" These responses basically, said absolutely not! It has been my life experience, that alot of people who feel this way, have irrational reasons why they don't want their children spending time with grandparents.In my case, my grandsons father is alcoholic and smokes a lot of marijuana. He never married my daughter, infact, left her when she told him she was pregnant, gave her nothing but grief, during her pregnancy, during her labor, he came back to town, but, slept on his moms couch, while I was the only person she had, and, still, can count on. Oregon has grandparents rights, for which I may soon file. My grandson is 8yrs old. My daughter is in NA, has alot of mother problems, too. Both parents and grandson have ADHD, my daughter has anxiety disorder, and, neither parent gets treatment for disorders, nor treatment for my grandson.Due to these situations, and, their refusal to implement a diet which might help ADHD, my grandson has been singled out at school, labeled a troublemaker, and, his picked on by the teachers. My daughter says shes going to talk with the school, however, she barely has time to sleep-she goes to college full-time and works part-time.She also, while on drugs, stole all my money and $40, 000 in rare gemstone jewelry (my retirement security).So,He doesnt want me with my grandson, as he thinks I will say bad things about him, and, she is too busy to bring him to me (my car isnt drivable and I havent money for repairs.If, I don't start seeing a change in the way hes being cared for, I may sue for custody.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)