Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

You'll never guess what my 8yo son wants to be when he grows up...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 173 Replies
14 moms liked this

A Stay at Home Dad.

He said he's going to get married to a beautiful lady, have sex twice (Sex is only for making babies, you know) and have two boys. Then his wife is going to work while he stays home and home schools them.

He has it all planned out. He's going to play with them and take them to chuck e cheese and take care of them. He won't want to cook and clean and get them things, but he'll have to because that's his job.

We have long conversations about his boys. (I think the wife is more or less an after thought in his plans,lol) He says they're going to say he's the best dad ever! But even when they're mad at him and say they hate him, he'll still love them because that's what dads do.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Nice!

When my youngest was 8, her grown-up plans were to live with me, and work together: I would drive us to work, I'd do the writing and she'd do the pictures.

Strangely, I reminded her of that when we were packing up her room, and she snorted. I think she changed her mind :D

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:30 AM

She sounded like my 6yo dd,lol! 

Bittersweet when they change their mind, huh?

Quoting LindaClement:

Nice!

When my youngest was 8, her grown-up plans were to live with me, and work together: I would drive us to work, I'd do the writing and she'd do the pictures.

Strangely, I reminded her of that when we were packing up her room, and she snorted. I think she changed her mind :D

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM
2 moms liked this

6yo dd's plans are as follows.

When she grows up she's going to live in an apartment and get a good job working with daddy. She's going to drive a car, not marry, have no kids and make lots of money!

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Yeah... although, I do have to say: it never really was part of my career planning :D

And the empty nest thing is good.

Quoting paganbaby:

She sounded like my 6yo dd,lol! 

Bittersweet when they change their mind, huh?

Quoting LindaClement:

Nice!

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I know several men who have that same exact job. They stay home and "watch" the children while the children go off to school all day. The wife comes home from work and cooks and cleans.

My dh often wonders how he could get a job like that. It is his theory that the sex is REALLY awesome or else she's getting a little somthin' on the side.

PerfectVirgo
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM
These are cute.

My 6dd doesn't know what she wants, but she knows she doesn't want children. My 9dd wants to be in a sorority. Lol and my 10ds wants to go to Wayne state like his uncles.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM
6 moms liked this
When my youngest was 3, she informed me she wanted to be a firefighter. I asked her why. She said "Mommy, I want to make big, beautiful fires".... I explained to her firefighters put the fires out and proceeded to lock up all the lighters in the house or anything flammable.. Lol! She is 12 now and cracks up everytime I tell that story.
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Those were my plans until I was thirty five except I didn't want to work with my Dad. Or her Dad.

Quoting paganbaby:

6yo dd's plans are as follows.

When she grows up she's going to live in an apartment and get a good job working with daddy. She's going to drive a car, not marry, have no kids and make lots of money!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Lucky you...my kids were making relocation plans by then! :)

tifftorres
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Very cute!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)